Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

Elphelt vs Millia

Discuss the matchup here.

Summary

[collapse][/collapse]

Gameplan

Neutral game:
[collapse][/collapse]

Offense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Defense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Character Specifics

[collapse][/collapse]

Right so this is what I've been told take from it what you will

In regards to her Oki, j.HS into Tandem Top (or disc special)

The disc will never hit meaty, so be prepared to throw the overhead

tk Badmoon / Hair car are used and are un-throwable so if you see them don't try.

Overhead is used when looking to confirm into Badmoon or Hair car to throw you off.

More Milia stuff i learned today:

Milias dash animation low profiles her under our 5HS, so be careful when using it in neutral (if not this happens when shes really close and dashing)

2S served me quite well in this matchup when she was trying to stay slightly more away from me and i didn't want to commit fully to an attack

6HS > Bridal express served me very well in this MU, sparingly using Bridal Express in neutral also did me a lot of favours

Avoid ever using 5HS against Millia if she's on the ground. You will get dashed under if you do it, hell you might even be dashed under BEFORE you do it. Only do it if she's in the air and you're confident it's going to hit.

6H is 'okay', but worse in this matchup than others. Pin makes things more difficult, and she can definitely make it whiff more than other characters.

It's a tricky matchup to win in neutral. She's faster than you and has a scarier mixup game; you have berries and range. I've had a lot more success with 2S in this matchup than f.S. Keep her in check by tossing out the odd raw BXP in neutral, if you can cover it with an IAD back 4P berry, even better.