Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

Elphelt vs Slayer

Discuss the matchup here.

Summary

[collapse][/collapse]

Gameplan

Neutral game:
[collapse][/collapse]

Offense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Defense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Character Specifics

[collapse][/collapse]

This is kind of a strange question, but...
Did you encounter any trouble fighting a slayer? was is something specific like a certain move, or a set of game plan?

I would say his backdash cancel can be very annoying on oki but that's it.
It's a particularly easy matchup I would say especially in neutral.

His airborne hurtbox can make it annoying to convert random air hits into combos that lead to knockdown but that's quite situationnal so it doesn't really matter.

I would say his backdash cancel can be very annoying on oki but that's it.

This is my biggest problem with this matchup, I just don't know how to deal with it to the point where I just don't bother going for oki and just try to catch his backdash with fS or 5H. 

If anyone can tell me how to deal with this more effectively please do,cuz I got nothing.

I've had luck with 2H or running 2H as it stuffs some of the special cancels he may use off the backdash, as well as catches his jump if he doesn't FD.

Some other ideas are 6H, a meaty bridal express, or a later-than-usual airdash/IAD. I have a harder time with his corner pressure. 6H in particular seems hard to hit even when I know where it's gonna be used. 2K 5K and 2P all seem to get hit, like his lower hurtbox retracts a bit. Will have to try 5P or 2S.