Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

Elphelt vs Elphelt

Discuss the matchup here.

Summary

[collapse][/collapse]

Gameplan

Neutral game:
[collapse][/collapse]

Offense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Defense:
[collapse][/collapse]

Character Specifics

[collapse][/collapse]

is there any point to using grenade in neutral? i feel like its too easy to answer with rifle, or simply being pressured in return

its sort of a frustrating MU : [

It's not that great but it's not that bad either.

Just relying on it for neutral won't help much. Best way is to just use it once in a while to restrict the opponent's option without being too predictable with it.

Focusing on fundamentals sprinkled with a few YRC here and there are better options in my opinion.

is there any point to using grenade in neutral? i feel like its too easy to answer with rifle, or simply being pressured in return

its sort of a frustrating MU : [

Pulling the grenade in Neutral is always very very risky. If you want to absolutely pull it, you should be doing so as an ender for pressure, OR jumping and doing it.

Going to study this match up in more detail since I lose to it every tournament, keeping me from winning. Even JP Elphelt players at EVO say this is a very unpleasant mirror and random. There must be more to it than that. 

But a couple quick tidbits: 

If Elphelt spaces a low tossed grenade in a blockstring where it doesn't hit on the first active frame, the Elphelt on the defensive can 2H underneath the grenade for a huge counterhit.
5H in neutral can be punished by waiting for it to stop, and then using your 5H. 
- You can also use 2H, but getting a real combo afterwards might be difficult.

Again, going to be investigating what works and what doesn't in huge detail. If you have any ideas, post, so I can make a video compilation of how to play this mirror.