Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow Draygon

Holy Zen Xrd

BACK FROM THE DEAD BITCHES!

No site yet since I'm just sticking to redubbing story mode screen caps, but I do hope that the 3D models get ripped in the future and I can work with them directly and create comics/movies. I'll just have to link my Tumblr posts since it's the most convenient right now.

Godfather Sol

Assassins Assemble

Puppies make everything better

Praise be to him

Fate Worse Than Death

Mathemagician

Ass-assins

Who are you?

Ky's Collection

On 12/10/2014 at 8:48 PM, Shadow Draygon said:

But Ram didn't actually do anything wrong. Well, except for having a terrible press conference. And being a meanie to May.

It was all the Conclave's fault. It was part of their plan to get Q in Street Fighter 5.

Haha! Well, its a start, but BTW, what are you gonna do with the old Holy Zen? Its still up and running to this day! (Though the site has seen better days with some things possibly missing/404 errors/etc., though the entire original HZ comic should be there in full.)

Anyways, keep it up! :kitty:

Well, I certainly didn't expect this format, but hey, it works! Keep on truckin'!

Yay! Godfather Sol is the best. Imagine the advice he'd give to Sin for his high school prom...

HA! I had you going there for a moment. Of course he's say nothing, because Sin would be lucky to make it past grade 3

:v:.

New one: Praise be to him

Haha! Well, its a start, but BTW, what are you gonna do with the old Holy Zen? Its still up and running to this day! (Though the site has seen better days with some things possibly missing/404 errors/etc., though the entire original HZ comic should be there in full.)

Anyways, keep it up! :kitty:

Yeah I'm still surprised that's still up since leblackdragon is the one controlling the domain, it'll just stay there for now, I have all the comics backed up in case it does go down sometime.

I got Xrd nearly a week early. Shadow Draygon is doing Holy Zen again. Life's been on a roll!

What's next? Testament announced for DLC with a Shirtless Alternate costume!?!

On 12/10/2014 at 8:48 PM, Shadow Draygon said:

I do hope that the 3D models get ripped in the future and I can work with them directly and create comics/movies.

Actually, I have been on this since the second day this game came out, and I've provided Gildor, the creator of Umodel (which converts models from Unreal Engine games) with necessary files, and he provided support for Guilty Gear Xrd in it.

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-26302.html

You can find out more in this thread I made on vg-resource. Hope it's okay for me to link this.

I suggest giving it a read, because I also linked a translated article about shading and animation in Xrd in my first post. My first post contains info on how to extract and import models.to either Blender or 3ds Max, and the current last post in the thread contains info from another user on how to correctly map the materials in 3ds max.

Also, you'll need Aldos PS3 Tools, to correctly extract the game files from ps3 version, and then use umodel (with forced PS3 mode) on the .xxx files.

Hope I'm not breaking any rule with this. Just thought I let people here know.

Oh yeah, don't expect to easily achieve the same effect in "Shading" of the models as the game does. The shit arcsys did is both clever, simple and pretty crazy. Good luck.

On 12/11/2014 at 10:56 PM, Tron said:

Actually, I have been on this since the second day this game came out, and I've provided Gildor, the creator of Umodel (which converts models from Unreal Engine games) with necessary files, and he provided support for Guilty Gear Xrd in it.

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-26302.html

You can find out more in this thread I made on vg-resource. Hope it's okay for me to link this.

I suggest giving it a read, because I also linked a translated article about shading and animation in Xrd in my first post. My first post contains info on how to extract and import models.to either Blender or 3ds Max, and the current last post in the thread contains info from another user on how to correctly map the materials in 3ds max.

Also, you'll need Aldos PS3 Tools, to correctly extract the game files from ps3 version, and then use umodel (with forced PS3 mode) on the .xxx files.

Hope I'm not breaking any rule with this. Just thought I let people here know.

Oh yeah, don't expect to easily achieve the same effect in "Shading" of the models as the game does. The shit arcsys did is both clever, simple and pretty crazy. Good luck.

Are there tools available for PS4 that extract data in a similar fashion? I'm kinda interested in ripping basically everything (animations, models, particle effects) and writing a (viewport) shader for it based on the GGXrd art-style publications that were released a few months ago.

PS4? NOPE.

But honestly, just because GGXRD PS3 is not 1080p, doesn't mean that necessarily the models or something are somehow better on PS4. They might be, I'm not saying. But for doing what you want here, I believe PS3 version would be enough.

Unless you're willing to wait a year or two for some breakthrough.

On 12/11/2014 at 10:10 AM, Tron said:

PS4? NOPE.

But honestly, just because GGXRD PS3 is not 1080p, doesn't mean that necessarily the models or something are somehow better on PS4. They might be, I'm not saying. But for doing what you want here, I believe PS3 version would be enough.

Unless you're willing to wait a year or two for some breakthrough.

Alright, I thought maybe the models were more detailed or something on the PS4, but if that's not the case then I can do enough with the files you provided.

Small question, though, that could change the entire shader writing process to a shader porting process: Do you happen to have the UE3 material files? They look like the image in the url below and probably follow the same naming convention: http://www.4gamer.net/games/216/G021678/20140703095/SS/009.jpg

If I have this I can simply dump it in the UE3-license code I use at work, look at how everything works (precisely) and convert it by hand to a viewport shader for a 100% accurate shader. Otherwise, this will take a bit longer.

Thank you for figuring this stuff out, I was about to start digging into how PS4 archives worked just this week, but writing file headers for a (probably compiled) file format you don't know just is the most infuriating thing ever. (I don't have access to PS4 dev kits and I don't really feel like trying to reverse engineer Unity Pro's PS4 packaging extension to see if they have something related to those packaging files..)

Anyone got pics of those ripped models ?  I'm more of a gameplay guy than a visual artist so it would be cool to see, especially for the NPCs.

Slayer2.pngGabriel2.png

Rendered them in 3dsmax real quick. They don't really export *that* nicely, since Arcsys uses a secondary model to calculate simple shadows for use on the complex character model and that gets stuck in the actual character. Hence some glitches on Gabriel. 

Short-term this stuff means that people can extract literally anything (music, sound effects, voice-over work, 2D images, backgrounds, 3D models, yadda yadda..) from the game's files.

Long-term, if I'm able to decypher ArcSys' file-structures, this means a fully fledged hitbox viewer (or at least a website with every frame's hitboxes) with fully 3d (correctly) rendered characters as if they were in the game. 

Arc is really amazing everyone with the magic they're doing with the unreal engine.

I'm curious to see Dizzy's and Justice's models. For fan art purposes of course.

I just realized that digging up the game files might finally let us see I-No from the front. I-if you're into that kind of stuff.

God tier work. Any chance of more Gabe? I can sponsor you afew $ if required? 

Also what exactly does ASW do on top of the models, cus these look terrible compared to in-game.

I just realized that digging up the game files might finally let us see I-No from the front. I-if you're into that kind of stuff.

As if they're not going to troll you with Barbie doll anatomy or something goofy like putting Chimaki's face over her nipples.

Well, :SOL: like, screw math, might as well... :d::df::f: [ :k:] (Hold) (Or maybe... :b::db::d::df::f: :h:)

That Man's Expression: :v:

---

Also, going back to the old HZ (re-reading them just for kicks), I wonder if any of those running gags will make a comeback, like the neverending "Dark Angel", and some stuff I haven't remembered that might have been there before, but who knows.

Also, speaking of Xrd, I think your comic kinda pre-dated that, but you were close enough though, lol. (And yeah, fighters these days and their updated versions.)