Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp vs Ky

placeholder for now.

some tidbits:

- Ky's S(f) is your worst enemy. it can screw with your rekka pressure pretty well and catch you out of backdashes. in situations where you would otherwise charge in, you might have to keep your distance and watch out for this move.

- you can alpha blade under his stun edges (somewhat risky if he YRCs of course). can be extended with RC for some nice damage.

- his SRK isn't the best but likes to auto turn just often enough to get annoying during okizeme.

- instant blocking the second hit of Ky's 236K (stun dipper) will give you enough time to dash up and S© him if you are very fast. Also, Ky will get hit in crouch state, which lets you go into S > S > HS > instant air alpha blade, if you like. Keep in mind that Kys usually do not use this move on block and without meter, so you shouldn't see this happen very often.

1)It seems like Ky wins in the neutral/footsie game hard so I'd advise always try to keep 25% meter for  K teleport yrc.

2)Ky's shoryuken has so much start-up its really easy to safe jump or do safe meaty attacks.

3)I don't know if its just me but his air grab out ranges chipp by alot , better to just go for a 2HS anti air or j.k

4)practice blocking greed sever or dust on reaction from neutral or block string, those are like Ky's trump cards to catch you off guard.

1)It seems like Ky wins in the neutral/footsie game hard so I'd advise always try to keep 25% meter for  K teleport yrc.

not really. you still have access to air teleports when he uses D or arc ciel or simply a stun edge. also, chipps movement helps.

3)I don't know if its just me but his air grab out ranges chipp by alot , better to just go for a 2HS anti air or j.k

just you. you should NEVER get air thrown if you use it as an anti air, whoever comes from below in an air throw situation has an advantage, since the air throw hitbox sticks out at the top a bit.