Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[CT] Haku-men Videos & Discussion

A good Hakumen threatens Mu at every single second in the match. You have the range to keep her from spamming stein, just use it. If you keep within good distance she can't use steins, and your pokes are better than hers (well at least they go farther). You have better damage than her, better mixup, better pressure, better everything really. Frankly unless you get sucked into her corner shenanigans (and even then just mash hotaru) you should be in control...

^ Nice, looks like we weren't off the mark, then. She struck me as mid-tier the moment I saw her.

nice vid! lovin the 2D action & 6A anti airs :D i love to see haku's beat ragna's in CT. this is a tough matchup for haku

Not my best match, but thanks. :)

To be fair, we don't have the game yet, so it's still speculation.

Then again, I saw her frame data posted in one of the sticky'd threads, and it was fairly average. Her only annoying feature so far (imo) is her shield thingy which blasts you to the other end of the screen, but it seems easy enough to bait into massive 6c CH combo.

I'm pretty sure we have yet to discover her really damaging stuff, though.

He's referring to this vid of mine.

I stopped playing CT two weeks ago because I'm as good as I'll ever be with the game, the bullshit Haku goes through got to me, and CS is just better.

I do have one final vid to post, though, which is pretty much some of the best play I'm capable of. Stay tuned. :eng101:

*Watches video*

Uhhh WHY don't you burst out of blood kain combos? 95% of the time you're better off bursting once you're caught it it's combos which usually leads to devoured by darkness which kills you and/or incredibly heals ragna. Once you have 1/3 health or less burst our of blood kain imo.

*Watches video*

Uhhh WHY don't you burst out of blood kain combos? 95% of the time you're better off bursting once you're caught it it's combos which usually leads to devoured by darkness which kills you and/or incredibly heals ragna. Once you have 1/3 health or less burst our of blood kain imo.

Because... huh... because bursting in CT is like years of heavy smoking; it's bad for your health! :eng101:

/bad joke

I was just being lazy, I guess. I don't like bursting when I have a chunk of hp left, and this being online, I was waiting for him to drop the combo... I don't really have excuses here, it's sloppy online play on my part. >_>

Because... huh... because bursting in CT is like years of heavy smoking; it's bad for your health! :eng101:

/bad joke

I was just being lazy, I guess. I don't like bursting when I have a chunk of hp left, and this being online, I was waiting for him to drop the combo... I don't really have excuses here, it's sloppy online play on my part. >_>

Yea blood kain does ridiculous damage like mugen, it's best to burst once they land one or two hits on you, remember not only does it do insane damage but wtv damage it does, ragna heals with it.

So NOT bursting will put you into a worse circumstance. Devoured by Darkness is a powerful attack, so strong that it only has 3 frames of invincibility lol don't get hit by it imo

Ehhh, not always. I used to panic and burst as soon as I got hit by a Blood Kain combo, but often that would leave me in a worse position because they'd still be in Blood Kain, and when they got a combo after that I'd just take twice as much damage and probably die. I've learned to just ride it out unless I know it's going to kill me or if they're going to go for DbD.

It depends on what combo they're doing. I've only really fought one opponent who actually knows anything in Blood Kain besides:

RAGNA: 1% HP

RAGNA: BLOUDO KAI- *gets killed by 6C*

HAKUMEN WIN

My friend really knows how to use blood kain, so I give it a few hits since he might drop the combo. After that I burst and watch his life decrease and try something that will throw him off and see if I could fit in a counter

Ok, I'll be bursting it smartly from now on, then.

I've also finally gotten around to uploading my last CT vid. Not my best performance, but I consider it to be some of my best possible play nevertheless.

With CS, though, I'll refine my play much more. Only 11 days to go. :eng101:

dude IB more...also don't fully charge the shippu, doing so dissolves the mindgames involved with it.

IB -> Online. :v: I usually always IB multi-hit stuff, but I didn't want to risk it here.

Yeah, I shouldn't have full charged it and should have released on cat chair recovery, but I thought it would have time to go off and then I could go into corner combo. I'm still satisfied with how the round went, though.

about 6C is it really as impractical as everyone says? i land it alot even on really good players into j>c loop or shippu but evryone says dont use it i even read some of the other pages in the haku threads saying dont use it. i understand its not safe but what exactly makes it so...obsolete?

No, you should totally use it. You just have to be careful since it has such a long recovery.

6c, in CT, at least, is very powerful if used right. It's main uses are to CH moves with long startup or to severely punish high-recovery whiffs. You can also do yomi CH fishing since it has a not-too-awful 17f of startup (not recommended unless you live in yomi heaven). It has other, subtler uses, but these are the main ones you want.

6c is your most powerful combo starter because of its high damage and 100% initial proration. If you want to reasonably break even 5k dmg mid-screen, you must hit with a 6c CH. Just don't throw it out recklessly. Good use of 6c CH can turn the tables around in one combo, and puts pressure on the opponent.

In CS, it's been nerfed to 20f startup, though it does break a primer on block. I'm not really aware of good uses for full charge, if there any at all.

Well, I can see 6C being use for Oki, but it certainly is less of a counter hit yomi now. It just feels weird to use because the pacing of the game's changed a lot.

Glad that you vs LiEUTENANT is the oldest vid.... Hes a total fool. Sending me hatemail accusing Haks of being god tier and a boss character. Also the fact i should be happy with how i can beat him in "8 hits" now, cus my precious Haks is getting big nerfs next time round.

All this from a lvl 83 Ragna whose played the game more than me.... its cus of idiots like him, i dont play CT any more.

i thought most people stopped playing CT cuz it was terrible haha

off back throw into corner don't renka, waste of meter.

4B+C > 2C > hjc > j.2C > j.C > land > 2C > hjc > j.2C > airdash > j.2C (xN)

and ironicly, coming from me, better combo execution xD

Glad that you vs LiEUTENANT is the oldest vid.... Hes a total fool. Sending me hatemail accusing Haks of being god tier and a boss character. Also the fact i should be happy with how i can beat him in "8 hits" now, cus my precious Haks is getting big nerfs next time round.

All this from a lvl 83 Ragna whose played the game more than me.... its cus of idiots like him, i dont play CT any more.

LOL reminds me of how when I beat him out of 5 matchs he called my hakumens combos trashy. He's annoying cause he's always raging when I face him. guess cause I main hakumen lol.

LOL reminds me of how when I beat him out of 5 matchs he called my hakumens combos trashy. He's annoying cause he's always raging when I face him. guess cause I main hakumen lol.

ok does he just suc vs hakumen? because the other day i declined his matches 5 or 6 times n finally when i accept i beat him 3 times in a row 6 straight wins. i didnt get any rage though...