Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp vs I-No

• if you expect a pause, low or another hover dash during her strings, 5K is a good option that works both against ground normals as well as hoverdash. 2K and 2P is not advised since hoverdash goes over it.
  • 2D does NOT work against stroke the big tree. use 2K (ugh)
  • if the i-no player likes to end his blockstrings with horizontal chemical love, a well-timed alpha blade will go under it and will hit him.
  • reversal beta blade will often clash with i-no's j.K if she uses it during a hover dash as a meaty, so be prepared to FD-cancel during the clash.

I am pretty new to anime fighters and trying to get serious about this one. I haven't touched guilty gear since XX back in...02?  03?  

I find I am having some difficulty in playing my training partner's I-no.  Chipp has really low health so every mistake is costly.  I've gotten to the point where I win more against him than I lose but I fear it won't be long before he starts realizing how to read/counter my  22s or 22hs mix ups.  I guess I'm just looking for more tips to make this a match where I work smarter and not harder.  

If you want to make 22S/22HS mix-ups scarier, try Single Jump Installing them, Yellow Roman Canceling them or both.

With Single jump installing, on the off chance you don't know, is done by jumping once and using 22S/22HS the moment you land. This allows you to jump after a teleport to bait anti-airs and such. If that option is too slow for you, you can neutral jump installby inputting 228S or 228HS for access to a airdash/backdash, which while it makes baits harder to get damage from, at least it gives you options and is relatively quick.

If you single jump install and your i-no friend was already dashed out of your range you can use another 22S/HS the moment you land after the last teleport and you'll keep your jumps.

I myself am a newbie at GG so this is stuff I found recently. Hope you found this useful. ^_^"