Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp vs May

What's the best approach after blocking verticle dolphin? Doing nothing and going back to neutral is what I've been doing, but if there's a good what to approach and pressure, Iet me know

Ever tried to Blitz shield it?  Or HS teleport behind her?  or K teleport yrc etc.  

The move seems to not have as much priority as the previous guilty gear at least though :)

What's the best approach after blocking verticle dolphin? Doing nothing and going back to neutral is what I've been doing, but if there's a good what to approach and pressure, Iet me know

Pretty sure you can punish it?  not sure what you mean.  After you block it you could S ji 2HS teleport S etc etc.

HS tele can sometimes land me a quick jhs beta. But the timing needs to be flawless or I just wiff and eat it. K tele yrc I found was a bad approach too because the anvil hotbox covers everything below her. The may I was playing was smart too, she would always respond to any tele in appropriately.

It was a salty matchup, may would spend the majority of the fight jumping back with jhs's until I eat one or put myself in position to eat something else. She would always try and keep a 3/4 screen distance appart too. Only reason I started to win matches was covering my approach with find me.

I need help in this matchup, all this may does is spam jHS, I can't approach her at all...

if May players do jumping 2.HS where she sits on her anchor , you can do 6p or blitz shield it , using chipps 2hs will trade , so thats not a reliable anti air , best bet is those two options

I need help in this matchup, all this may does is spam jHS, I can't approach her at all...

I can't necessary call it "spamming" they're just spacing you dude.  

I can't necessary call it "spamming" they're just spacing you dude.  

that too , its a good tool for may.

Played a good may recently offline, make sure you 6P CH 6HS Horizontal Dolphins.  She has the fastest vertical movement of the bunch & a quick getup time, so make sure you have your meatys down on wakeup so you can stop her from jumping away.  Typically I just would go for a 2D KD and do an almost 1 frame dash -> diagonal jump and FDC drop (neutral jump fdc drops are too slow / were chicken blocked if you tried to crossup) on her to ensure it was meaty or if she attempted to jump and got hit I could convert to a 5P JI 2HS.

Also I found May's j.s to be a big problem against 6P, seems like it could be a hitbox issue - but I haven't messed around with it.  Could also just be a timing thing, as 6P goes from 1~3 Above Knees,4~11 Low Profile during its active frames.  Defiantly had times where I CH'ed clean and others I did not.

Overall though her mixup relies on her overhead and command throw.  The command throw is 4 frame startup, typically if I saw her dash in deep I would 5p(3 frame start up) or 2P (4 frame start up). None of her dolphins are invul on frame 1 so I believe meatys are your best bet to discourage her from reversaling (just one of her supers to watch out for)

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=May_Frame_Data_(GGXRD) 

Whoever gets control of neutral is going to have the advantage, 

More Tips:

I'd recommend zoning this fight rather than trying to go in all the time.  Her IAD j.S j.HS is realllly good, you can IB the j.HS and DP, or what I usually ended up doing was jump back j.d.  She can YRC her overhead late and go for a command throw which was pretty annoying to deal with - also she can YRC her whale super and try to mix you up.  50% Meter and a corner 5D Homing Cancel combo can lead to guaranteed stun and a free IK - so be wary of that.  2HS in this matchup is iffy, if they try to just IAD over you & go for a j.HS / j.S you can 5P JI 2HS.  If they try to crossup j.d you can 6P or 2HS it, gotta practice that more.