Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp vs Ramletharl

• Try to learn when to expect Daruo (her dashing SRK / green SRK). Rams frequently use it after S(f), since a counter - or crouch hit will combo - otherwise it won't, which means even if you get hit by S(f), you should prepare to block!
    • Chipp's S(f) beats Daruo (green) at match start.
    • Abuse S(f) in the ground game as well - it doesn't lead to much, but it is a vital poke in this matchup, since Ram can bridge the gap to chipp so easily with Daruo, and her S(f) is a real threat.
    • Daruo leaves Ram -4 (normal version) and -1 (green version) on block, which means you have a slight advantage after blocking it. I suggest using a 5K after, because it only has 5 frames of startup and leads into 2D, and therefore knockdown.
  • Be very careful with your anti-air 6Ps against Ramletharl, she can often bait and punish them. Her air mobility is very high, and it is quite hard to predict when she will land, since both placing and using her swords in the air will freeze her for a moment.
  • Her Sword control in air also serves as an option select - if she uses her HS sword in air, she can get an option select air throw against air teleport attempts.
  • Ram's j.P clashes or beats Chipp's j.P, j.K and even 5P if you try and tech trap with it, which is very frustrating and limits our anti-air options even further. I suggest using 2HS for the added reliablity in trades against her light normals as well as the added range. The downside is the long recovery, which makes is another somewhat risky option. Also, do NOT use 2HS when you expect an airdash j.P - her j.P will hit you during 2HS for a counter hit, and you will be in crouching position (which means she can easily continue her combo).
  • Be wary of Ram's S(f). Her S(f) is her best tool against Chipp's Rekka pressure - it opens us for combos on crouch- or counter hit (on normal hits, there is a small gap between S(f) and Daruo).
    • If Ram instant blocks Chipp's first rekka, she has time to stuff out Chipp's S(f) or 2D.
    • If Ram blocks 236S > 236S and you backdash, she can hit you out of the backdash with Daruo.
    • Chipp's 6P will get counter hit If you are too close after 236S (on block) > 6P
    • Chipp's 6P beats out Ram's S(f) from far away, for example after a long block string into 2D > 236S (on block). A whiffed 6P is easily punishable, making this a risky strategy.

I have a lot of trouble in this matchup. it seems like Ram spends 90% of her time in the air and I can't find a way to get her to stop jumping, her air normals beat out whatever I try, especially her j.H with swords. Teleport yrc would probably help but I rarely have meter because I'm being forced to block. when she is on the ground I feel like she's more manageable but her blockstrings are difficult to figure out and escape from.

Dash under works well against Ram's air stuff. Cutting it off with rising jK before active frames is also an option. Have you tried instant blocking and punishing?

against ram's j.HS, a good option is to air instant block it, land, then ground throw.

other than that, ram is quite hard to anti-air, since she can delay her fall for such a long time with sword summon.