Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp vs Sin

this matchup is tough because it's so much work to get sin's health down and it only takes one combo for half of your life or one counter hit combo to take 3/4 of your life down. If you learn what sin's overhead looks like this will help you tremendously in this fight.

I'm a Sin player and this is my least favorite match up. If I had any advice for a Chipp player I would say, take advantage of your overwhelming speed. As Sin my only hope is to stay out of the corner and control your mobility. As long as your not predictable with your teleports, you can run around like a mad man and its scary. and for the love of god don't spam p on dust/air combos, the the damage scaling is so poor it makes no sense. 

Corner wall alpha oki setup:

2D, 236S, 624HS, j.D, Air^, Wall Cling, Slight Delay, Wall Cling^, 228HS, Wall Cling, Immediately Uncling j.HS.

Sin's inputs are reversed, even if he does DP this will safe jump it (ensure you hold down-back until j.hs hits).  If he does DP he's facing the wrong way for his other inputs.

Sin's getup is pretty slow, I've found the minute he slams his fist into the ground as good timing for a meaty 2k (just ensure you dashup 2k, as you can be thrown out of a meaty setup if you are within throw range & they time it perfectly).