Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

[Xrd] Chipp vs Sol

• Sol's 2D cleanly beats Chipp's S(f) and 5K. use 2S when you would use S(f)!
  • Sol's 5K beats Chipp's j.HS, which means we have to be extra careful when coming from right above, or if we are aggressive after an air recovery of ours.
  • Sol's 5K trades with Chipp's j.D if done right, but this can be risky since you have to use the move quite early and it has some landing recovery.
  • punish Sol's Riot Stamp with 6P (counter hit) > 6HS > run up, 5P (jump install), 2HS, 22S, air combo.
  • Sol can airdash at Chipp in an angle where his j.Ps will hit us, but our 6P will whiff. Anti-airing sol is difficult and risky, we should pick our spots reasonably (for example, use 2HS if he is coming from right above you, and go for air throws against hard to anti-air airdashes)

• Sol can option select 623S+HS to get either a volcanic viper or a shield block against Chipp's FDC drop Okizeme. Be careful.
I looked at this briefly before. It results in crouching FD though on sideswap so in reality is it worth worrying about? If I recall correctly, if he does 4214/6236S+HS to get high FD, he gets Grand Viper on the sideswap which is really bad. I suppose he could switch to high block right after the 3/1S+HS input if there was time.

you could also use 6236P+HS to circumvent getting the GV, which is the correct high block / srk option select - didn't write it down properly before.

AA Sol is really annoying.  Like ATG said j.p can beat your 6P, and if you try to 2HS it and he does a early j.HS it'll often beat it. Gunflame YRC pressure is usually where I get messed up, early fafnir to catch me jumping or dash up to catch a backdash etc usually just have to block well & FD if worried about his command throw.  His f.s Gatling 2s (wiff) is also annoying in pressure in corner - there isn't much time to input 22K to get out.

Finally I got tired of round 1 start Sol f.s, if you notice them doing this you can 2HS CH trade and follow up with a 6HS 5P JI combo.

Any answers for his 2D?  Beats 2HS & 2D Clean and most of his other buttons.  I usually end up 22K YRCing if I expect it and punish but I figure there is another answer.

the answer to 2D might be 2S, although i'm not sure about spacing and situations when you can perfectly use it. both S(f) and 5K get beat by his 2D, badly.

For some reason holding 2 or 3 during riot stomp makes the move completely whiff whereas holding 1 makes it hit. you can use 2P into a JI combo to punish while Sol is above Chipp. 6P is still a better punish though.

At certain ranges fafnir completely passes through f.S, 2S seems to work fine against it.

If Sol likes to hit S(f) at the start of the match you used to only be able to 2HS it (kinda risky on its recovery).  2S seems to trade and it'll net you a stagger.