Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LordSpectreX

Vs Ramlethal

Learn her strings first. I made a one note in the past when I was trying to figure her out. I'll copy pasta here.

General rule of thumb:

• All of her chains are negative for the most part. The only ones that are not are the overhead ones. DO NOT CHALLENGE THE FOLLOW UP ON HER OVERHEAD.
  • Overhead chains will never be combo'd into
  • The ones that ends on the low slide kick is -12. That one is heavily punishable.
  • Her launcher kick (4K) will never be combo'd into. It's also very unsafe (-24)
  • All standing strings cannot lead into a low. If you see her start with a standing attack, you only need to block high.
  • She has 4 options from crouching that will lead to low, but the only one that will lead into an overhead is off of a 2K starter.

Strings that lead into overhead:

• K,P,P (straight kick, forward slash, overhead). Note that in this chain, nothing combos. Cannot mash out of it. Instant blocking then mashing will result in CH. Can parry at any point.
  • 2K,P,P(low kick, rising slash, overhead)

Strings that lead into low:

• 2K,P,K  (low kick, rising slash, slide kick). This chain combos.
  • 2P, K (Low slap, one rotation sweep kick). This is the only chain that uses this rotation sweep kick. Will stagger.
  • 2P,P,K(low slap, rising slash, slide kick).
  • 2K,K (low kick, double rotation kick). This chain knocks down. Only use of double rotation kick. 

You can Blitz Shield in between strings.

So my issue wasn't when Ram was up close doing a string.  That was actually a little bit more comfortable.

My issue is catching her.  I've had a disproportionate amount of games end in time out with Ram getting a negative penalty and still winning since I have no real idea how to chase her down.

She seems to just as often as possible put out her swords and jump around only going close to stuff me jumping in.  Task A and A' don't seem to work since her swords have huge hitboxes and our moves have huge recovery.  I've had some luck with air Task B.  Task C helps me to move around a bit, but I don't think I hit with it much.

Help?

I have barely any experience with the matchup but if she is just jumping around running away you should be able to close the distance and gain tension just by walking at her. Once you have tension maybe if you use task A yrcs the time slow will help you catch her. She can't stay in the air forever so maybe if you look for when she'll land you can go on the offensive. Maybe do jump P more?

Like I said though I don't have good exp here I'm just throwing out ideas.

She's got the swords she can place which make it a little bit tougher than just walking in.

I do need to use yrc more for damn sure.  That (along with other things) are novice mistakes that I'm making as I'm learning.  I'll try out yrc stuff more.

Just to add to the strings, if she tries to continue pressure with anything after a 5PPP our dash will get us behind her for a free bnb.

If you don't feel like taking that risk IBing the last hit and going for 5K is your way out, if you don't IB the last hit of 5PPP your forward dash is the only way out that won't get frame trapped by another 5P.

Her only real mixup string (2KP[K or P]) can be option selected by hitting 1K after the second hit with the timing to stuff the overhead, if the low is coming the 2K won't come out and if the overhead comes you'll stuff it.

If you're feeling brave you can also interrupt 2KPP with our dash but the timing is tight and you can't OS for the 2KPK so you'll need godlike reactions, not sure if it's feasable mid match.

f.S, Dauro can be interrupted by a throw on normal block.

Her only real mixup string (2KP[K or P]) can be option selected by hitting 1K after the second hit with the timing to stuff the overhead, if the low is coming the 2K won't come out and if the overhead comes you'll stuff it.

I was trying this just now and I don't think it works.  The low option has a small gap so it's possible for her to coutnerhit you for attacking here.  If you attack immediately after hte first 2 hits are blocked you'll be coutnerhit by the low.  If you wait slightly or your mashing isn't perfect you'll block the low.  However, it seems that unless you did the 1K (or 1P) immediately you won't even beat the overhead option.

I was trying this just now and I don't think it works.  The low option has a small gap so it's possible for her to coutnerhit you for attacking here.  If you attack immediately after hte first 2 hits are blocked you'll be coutnerhit by the low.  If you wait slightly or your mashing isn't perfect you'll block the low.  However, it seems that unless you did the 1K (or 1P) immediately you won't even beat the overhead option.

I can confirm that it doesn't work...

Also if Ramlethal does 2KP->6S and you're mashing 2P/2K, you won't reach her and the 6S sword will actually hit you.

Yours to her swords, basically if they're right in front of / above you, they don't have to teleport and activate instantly.

If they're further away, they need to teleport first. Doesn't matter if they're two character spaces away from you or at the opposite side of the screen, the teleport always takes the same amount of frames.

From fastest to slowest:

Close 6HS

Far 6HS

Equipped 6HS

Close 2HS

Far 2HS

There's not really a ton of projectiles honestly.  Don't forget her swords now can be hit before they go active, though typically staying mobile helps to not get tagged by one completely.  I think you have to be a bit more aggressive here.  Don't try to just zone her out, because her swords are much better rewards than your task A on hit.  Make good use of floating and airdashing (dont forget you can FD it), and OCCASIONALLY a dash parry, to get in.  Her j.S is pretty good but she doesnt get the same reward as you do off a successful j.P or j.S.  I also find that airdash FD into airgrab here works great as well, if you want your absolute fastest a2a option.