Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Big Bang Beat Revolve

Ok here's what I got so far, I think that does it for the basics = w=

Kunagi Tenrou notes

Movelist__________

Command Normals:

6A

6B - Overhead

4C

Specials:

236+(A/B) - Ground projectile, A travels quickly and almost full screen, B is slower and has shorter range but is still more than half screen

623+(A/B) - Standard DP, A ver has almost no lift, B rockets your opponent higher

22+(A/B/C) - Warp special, A warps you behind and above your opponent unless they're in a corner in which case you'll appear above them (also an interesting note, if you warp from across the screen you'll reappear higher than normal) B warps you directly behind your opponent and again if they're in the corner you'll just appear right in front of them, C warps you about a "back dash distance" away from you opponent and it can be used as many times until you hit the corner

214+(A/B) - A flip special, A is a front flip while B does a back flip

LC - A follow up attack that can be preformed during either flip

214+C - Dash special that crosses up your opponent (so long as they're not in the corner) before attacking them, the actual hitbox of the attack comes from the wave that follows after you (so it is possible to hit an airborne opponent so long as they mistime their jump)

236+(A/B) - AIR ONLY, an aerial projectile, A fires immediately at your position, B lifts you up before releasing

Supers:

623+D

63214+D

Combos__________

Looks fun to play.

...except I don't know a single thing about BBB at all.

Anything I need to know about this game? I'm DLing it right now.

Edit: ...oh great, my stick doesn't seem to work, or at least the inputs in the key config screen aren't registering.

Edit2: With that sorted out, minus the fact that the game now thinks I'm holding up in the menu now, here's a quick write-up about claw-girl's normals (Kunagi?)

5A: Quick swipe.

2A: Attacks with the arm-sleeve that is behind her.

6A: Swipes towards the air. Launches on hit. Can also special cancel to other moves, although I wonder at the importance of said special cancels...

5B: Does a little twirl and swipes diagonally downwards.

2B: Slashes while sitting on the ground.

6B: Overhead, of course. Causes a bounce effect on air hit, but its use in combos is questionable due to how high her launcher sends her opponent...

5C: Twirls to hit her opponent twice.

2C: Sweep. Has a bit of startup, special cancellable.

4C: Spinning swipe.

jA: Kicks out at a 45 degree angle.

jB: Horizontal slice.

jC: 2 hit spinning slice that covers a circular area around the attack.

Gatlings:

5A: 6A, 2A, 5B, 6B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 4C

6A: Nothing

2A: 6A, 6B, 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 4C

5B: 6A, 6B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 4C

6B: Nothing

2B: 6A, 6B, 5C, 2C, 4C

5C: 6A, 2C, 4C

2C: 4C, 6A

4C: 6A

jA: jB, jC

jB: jA, jC

jC: jA, jB

Also a fairly simple combo I came up with.

6A>2369B>jA>jB>623A/B>623D

thank you guys for the quick guide, also erica got tweaked, her A assist is a lot faster and yeah for the training menu options,

Senna moves got tweaked, she can now use her slide and follow up for combos. I almost forgot, her damage scalling is monstruous.

Rouga got tweaked as well, he got 41236A wich is a shorter version of 41236B and can be chain with 623A

I also got a problem when I use my VSHG the frame rate drop enormously, does any one else get troubles with USB sticks?

Made some mistakes in Kunagi's gatlings.

-4C actually gatlings to 6A, otherwise the corner-only meaty fireball would never work...

-5B gatlings to 6B

-Omitted 2C, it gatlings to 4C

Will fix these when I edit my other post.

List of cancels for all of Kunagi's normals:

J=Jump

S=Special

D=Super

On Hit

5A: S, D(???)

2A: S, D

6A: J, S, D

5B: J, S, D

2B: S, D

6B: S, D

5C: J, S, D

2C: S, D

4C: J, S, D

jA: S, D

jB: S, D

jC: S, D

On Block

5A: S, D(???)

2A: S, D

6A: S, D

5B: S, D

2B: S, D

6B: S, D

5C: S, D

2C: S, D

4C: S, D

jA: S, D

jB: S, D

jC: S, D

For anyone that wants to jump in on the previous game if the BBB2 beta is getting boring, I'm writing up a guide for Big Bang Beat 1st Impression version 1.00 (it's the only version of the game that exists to me). I'm doing this all on my own with no ACTUAL prior knowledge of the game mechanics and so far I've made a pretty decent amount of progress with it. I have notations written down, explanation of boosting, and 5 character guides are started with pros, cons, and basic combos (normals and specials will be covered real soon).

So if anyone wants to try out BBB1 or if BBB2 turns out to be a bad final product in every right, there will be my guide to check out if you want to play the original for whatever reason (hopefully on version 1.00, I'm not covering the patches because they're all garbage).

Here's to Big Bang Beat 2 hopefully being a good game.

For anyone that wants to jump in on the previous game if the BBB2 beta is getting boring, I'm writing up a guide for Big Bang Beat 1st Impression version 1.00 (it's the only version of the game that exists to me). I'm doing this all on my own with no ACTUAL prior knowledge of the game mechanics and so far I've made a pretty decent amount of progress with it. I have notations written down, explanation of boosting, and 5 character guides are started with pros, cons, and basic combos (normals and specials will be covered real soon).

So if anyone wants to try out BBB1 or if BBB2 turns out to be a bad final product in every right, there will be my guide to check out if you want to play the original for whatever reason (hopefully on version 1.00, I'm not covering the patches because they're all garbage).

Here's to Big Bang Beat 2 hopefully being a good game.

There's a version 1.06 - http://arom-productions.com/bbbb/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=2

EDIT: whoops sorry, forgot that link on there is dead, you may find it somewhere, if not I'll provide it.

2nd edit: never mind, found one. http://rapidshare.com/files/294099766/BBBp106.zip

There's a version 1.06 - http://arom-productions.com/bbbb/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=2

EDIT: whoops sorry, forgot that link on there is dead, you may find it somewhere, if not I'll provide it.

2nd edit: never mind, found one. http://rapidshare.com/files/294099766/BBBp106.zip

lol he (well no one really) likes BBB the further it got patched, 1.00 is honestly the best version = w=

lol he (well no one really) likes BBB the further it got patched, 1.00 is honestly the best version = w=

^^^^^^^^ Thank you. ^^^^^^^^

Also I started working on the Kendo/Kyudo section today. This one's a bitch, there's a reason why I don't play Eddie, Carl, or Lieselotte. :\

I'm at least ENJOYING Kendo and Kyudo more than the previously mentioned 3 characters. Aside from that, I have the Senna section written up and Kunagi, Rouga, Ren, and Daigo sections are in the works still.

I'm writing up a guide for Big Bang Beat 1st Impression version 1.00 (it's the only version of the game that exists to me)

(I'm not covering the patches because they're all garbage)

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Okay, I found a weird-ass occurrence (with turbo, but still).

Kunagi's 214A/B>C apparently has the ability to cancel itself...

I'm thinking it's some sort of kara-cancel, as the spin starts to animate, and then it cancels out without actually hitting anything, and acts as if she just did a superjump. This gives Kunagi another jump option (airdash, double jump), but I doubt its practicality, since I haven't been able to recreate this (so far) without turbo and it doesn't seem to have any use in combos other than adding another jump option, and as you can't JC attacks right now...

Still, this might be interesting. If someone can do this without the aid of turbo, then maybe it'll see some use.

welp, at least I have the BBB2 test ver....;_;

Yep yep, be that masochist. I'll be in 1.00. Speaking of, does Boost Recovery still exist in the BBB2 test version? That was one of the only things that actually annoyed the crap out of me about BBB1 in all versions, just THAT. It's like having burst consume 25% tension instead of having it's own meter to consume, then if that wasn't enough, make it impossible to punish.

I was reluctant to include the mention of the Boost Recovery feature in the guide, but I want to make it a true guide that covers the game for everything that it is, so I threw it into the mechanics section. I personally never use it because I feel like I'm cheating, but it IS a mechanic of the game so it should be in a guide.

Let's just see how BBB2 turns out in the final version. I'm not following the test version changes much because they're so lulzy. Hopefully this game will turn out for the better, but I have that gross feeling I get whenever NRF makes something that looks awesome as hell. That "SOMEHOW they're going to make this game bad" feeling.

Yep yep, be that masochist. I'll be in 1.00. Speaking of, does Boost Recovery still exist in the BBB2 test version? That was one of the only things that actually annoyed the crap out of me about BBB1 in all versions, just THAT. It's like having burst consume 25% tension instead of having it's own meter to consume, then if that wasn't enough, make it impossible to punish.

I was reluctant to include the mention of the Boost Recovery feature in the guide, but I want to make it a true guide that covers the game for everything that it is, so I threw it into the mechanics section. I personally never use it because I feel like I'm cheating, but it IS a mechanic of the game so it should be in a guide.

Let's just see how BBB2 turns out in the final version. I'm not following the test version changes much because they're so lulzy. Hopefully this game will turn out for the better, but I have that gross feeling I get whenever NRF makes something that looks awesome as hell. That "SOMEHOW they're going to make this game bad" feeling.

I'm not being a M, 1st Impression just doesn't work for me anymore. It messes up and closes down at the versus screen, on both ver 1.00 and 1.06. ;_; Used to work fine.

try installing the game with your os set on japanese, perhaps when you are installing the game, its probable that

try installing the game with your os set on japanese, perhaps when you are installing the game, its probable that

ok. didn't have to do that the first time, plus my os is vista. would that be a problem?

Speaking of, does Boost Recovery still exist in the BBB2 test version?

huh?

I'm not sure, but if you can't use the D button for anything other than supers, I doubt that Boost Recovery would exist. Then again, I never tested out recovery options in the time I had this game.

On another note, here's a combo with 2 supers, using the 'garbage' super DP.

623D>5A>5C(1)>623A/B>623D

Does a fair good chunk of damage for meter, but you may want to omit the second super for meter purposes.

Wait a bit after the 623B to get the full 5 hits from the second super.

And also a corner-only super only combo:

63214D>63214D>623D

It might be possible to get more supers in if you do the first 63214D at the maximum possible distance where all the hits will connect, but yeah.

I've tried that, but it still doesn't solve the problem.

I think the game just doesn't like Windows 7.

finally remembered it now. google translated the japanese wiki and you have to run it in compatibility mode in windows 98/Me

It works fine for me in 7 without any compatibility mode options set. I think 1st Impression just loves me.

oh Kunagi.

Who would've thought that your 63214D super would hit backwards?

Also, to note, the 214A/B>C cancel seems to be timing specific. Exact timing is a bitch to figure out, but I've gotten it a few times without turbo (all by accident, though).

This game is in need of netplay...