Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Big Bang Beat Revolve

When BBB1 was the thing, we were constantly bugging about a caster for BBB. Our response was "Ehhh I'll get around to it eventually. It's not that I don't want to do it..."

Still no caster 4 years later. :v:

When BBB1 was the thing, we were constantly bugging about a caster for BBB. Our response was "Ehhh I'll get around to it eventually. It's not that I don't want to do it..."

Still no caster 4 years later. :v:

Bolded parts make me go 'huh?'.

In any case, assuming the BBB community is on board with this game, maybe someone can persuade someone to make a caster this time around, or someone may need to do some research on how2netplay...

Bolded parts make me go 'huh?'.

In any case, assuming the BBB community is on board with this game, maybe someone can persuade someone to make a caster this time around, or someone may need to do some research on how2netplay...

I was referring to the BBB community "back in the day." Lots of people were asking for a BBBCaster back then.

Anyways my Senna guide is 100% complete for 1.00. I didn't want to start another BBB thread, despite this one's focused on BBB2, so I'll go ahead and post a general overview of Senna from 1.00 and a lot of this SHOULD apply to BBB2 when she actually gets worked on more.

Notations:

A = Light Attack

B = Medium Attack

C = Heavy Attack

D = Boost

Senna Kyoudou

Summary: It's the result of Baiken and Hakumen making sweet love. Senna is the spacing character of Big Bang Beat and like any other spacer, she thrives off of normals that have sick reach and the slew of combos that can be performed from one of these hitconfirmed pokes. She's forced to play defensively whenever her opponents get too close, but she has plenty of tools to help break the pressure and lock them down again.

Pros: Awesome damage output, easy to learn, decent okizeme with 41236X

Cons: Combos are pretty character specific, she has no overheads spare her jump normals, below average defense (understandable though)

General Strategy: 5B. 5B a lot. If you don't 5B, you're doing something terribly wrong. Hitconfirm 5B into 2C (never confirm into 5C, I'll cover why in the normals section) and set up a 41236X after every combo for oki.

Normals

5A: Forward elbow thrust. Average start-up, poor reach compared to 5B (an ideally better poke). Sometimes works as anti-air and it can be jump canceled too, so keep that in mind.

5B: Straight horizontal drawing slash. Wicked fast start-up, stupid good reach, and hardly prorates. Senna's best poke by far.

5C: Downward vertical slash (kind of looks like an overhead swing). Average start-up, slow recovery, poor hitstun, and it has LESS reach than 5B. Confirming into 2C is much more ideal because 5C will whiff beyond a certain distance after a confirmed 5B, whereas 2C won't.

2A: Light ankle kick with Senna's front foot. Sounds like Sion's 2A, but Senna's 2A is NOWHERE near that good. Like 5A, it's a pretty meh poke, but it has the advantage of being a low compared to 5A.

2B: Forward thrust, striking with the saya (sheath). Average start-up, deceivingly large hitbox, and jump cancelable. Good for footsies, even better as an OTG for extending combos.

2C: Senna leans forward and sweeps with a horizontal slash. Decent start-up, slightly longer reach than 5B, hits low, trips, and long untechable time. The recovery is really long, so better cancel this into a special on block, but GOD HELP YOU if a 2C whiffs.

j.A: Light kick at a downward 45 degree angle. This normal makes me want to cry. Not reliable air to air OR air to ground. It sometimes mysteriously whiffs in combos too. Just don't bother with it unless you want to troll.

j.B: It's basically a flying 5B. Remember that it's just as good as 5B because it has amazing vertical scaling on top of the long reach. Ideal air to air and air to ground.

j.C: Vertical slash upward. 2D cancel ground strings into this for AT LEAST one decent overhead.

j.C follow up (j.CC): Vertical slash downward following the upward slash. Knocks down aerial opponents and puts grounded opponents in ridiculous hitstun, letting you continue a combo either way. This may very well be one of Senna's only decent overheads, but it is THE overhead.

Throw(6C/4C when close): Senna uses her opponent's body to vault herself over their head and slash them from behind. Softly ground bounces, but the recovery is too long to pick it up with anything (even with the help of a boost dash). Best just to follow it up with a 41236X.

Specials

6A: Senna hops forward and kicks up with her back foot. Jump cancelable and good anti-air. Cancels into ANY special or normal. Because of the forward hop before the kick, this move is great for closing the gap after a 2C from about mid-range so that you can continue into a combo.

41236X: Senna quickly lashes her katana and sheathes it, leaving two small crossing slashes that leave a marker on the ground below it which forms into a second and bigger cross of slashes. The A, B, and C versions differ in the delay of the second slash formation. The A version forms instantly (no delay between first hit and second hit), the B version's second hit comes out 2 seconds later (roughly 120 frame delay), and the C version's second hit comes out 4 seconds later (240 frame delay).

623X (Air OK): Senna jumps and swings the katana, leaving a circular arc that surrounds her. The A version has no invincibility, but the aerial A version doesn't stop any momentum that Senna has in the air (i.e. if she's falling forward when she does it, she'll still be falling forward during the attack). The B version has start-up invincibility and the aerial versions stops all momentum that Senna has in the air when she performs it. The C version is very much similar to the B version in properties, but it hits a second time roughly 20~30 frames after the first hit. j.623A works well for relaunch setups and cross-ups, 623B is a good DP, and j.623C should see some use in combos.

214C: Half Z shaped slash, two hits. There's two specials that are follow-ups to this one. Maybe there's combo uses? I'll find them eventually...

214C (214C follow-up): Senna dashes forward and then back, leaving two massive slashes in her trail. Launches the opponent high on hit. I haven't found any combos with this yet, but boy do I want to because this special is too cool looking to ignore.

236C (214C follow-up): It's just a 623X that wall bounces...

63214A: Spinning coat attack of doom. It launches opponents that are on anything but their feet and it super jump cancels for combo opportunity.

421A: Senna leaps back and dashes back in with a slide kick, followed by a jumping slash angled down at the opponent's feet. Nifty for punishing people trying to mash out of pressure.

A (During 421A): Instead of the jumping slash, Senna does a little forward ballet spin. It passes through the opponent, so it's pretty similar to Millia's 214K and Saki's 214X. Keep in mind that it's just as punishable.

Supers

623D (Air OK): Super version of 623X. Senna follows the circular slash from the 623X with two more slashes. Knocks back on hit and has start-up invincibility. This is Senna's only super worth ending a combo with.

41236D: Super version of 41236X. Instead of just one cross slash followed by another, Senna just sends out a cross slash in the form of a grounded projectile. Hits multiple times, even on block. It reminds me of Venom's Dark Angel and while this super isn't as good as Dark Angel, it's still pretty dang good.

63214D: Super version of 63214A. Senna spins multiple times while swinging her coat, which creates a circular arc around her that hits whatever it touches. The last hit of this super causes a high wall bounce.

I didn't include the combo section because probably none of them are valid in BBB2. Since Rouga's in the BBB2 beta as well, I'll write up the info on him next probably.

EDIT: Made a correction to the spelling. I can't believe I made the fuck up of mixing "sleuth" with "slew."

BBB Caster never happened because the person who was going to make it made Blitzcaster instead and that was hard enough. BBB wasnt popular enough for him to waste time building a caster for it. Honestly I can see why he didnt do it. Shame though, First version of BBB was very good. Even if he had made a caster for BBB, I highly doubt the game would have had more than maybe 10 constant players. There are other games that use caster that have Far more players even now.

BBB Caster never happened because the person who was going to make it made Blitzcaster instead and that was hard enough. BBB wasnt popular enough for him to waste time building a caster for it. Honestly I can see why he didnt do it. Shame though, First version of BBB was very good. Even if he had made a caster for BBB, I highly doubt the game would have had more than maybe 10 constant players. There are other games that use caster that have Far more players even now.

Holy shit dude, didn't expect to see you post on DL. But yeah, that sounds about right though. Version 1.00 is good, but even that version has problems I can't stand. Despite that, I still couldn't understand why he didn't do it, but I guess now that you mention it, Blitzkampf was around at that time too and there was also MBAC which had the MBCaster (which people still play to this day, freaking baffling). It was the popularity issue after all. Thanks for the enlightenment Aya.

New discovery (useless, I think):

Doing an air 236A immediately after an airdash will cause Kunagi to 'glide'.

The problem with this technique is getting the fireball to come out instead of the DP (956236A will get DP), and I doubt it's worth the effort.

Holy shit dude, didn't expect to see you post on DL. But yeah, that sounds about right though. Version 1.00 is good, but even that version has problems I can't stand. Despite that, I still couldn't understand why he didn't do it, but I guess now that you mention it, Blitzkampf was around at that time too and there was also MBAC which had the MBCaster (which people still play to this day, freaking baffling). It was the popularity issue after all. Thanks for the enlightenment Aya.

Knock yourself out:

http://mizuumi.net/2010/10/24/caster-an-unofficial-netplay-client/

http://mizuumi.net/2010/11/08/caster-how-its-done/

As a bonus, there's a modified caster that's able to do rollbacks ala GGPO:

http://mizuumi.net/2010/11/27/caster-the-making-of-rollcaster/

Nah I'm not moved enough by BBB not having a caster to actually make one for it and even if I was, it's a total waste since only a few people would actually play BBB. I'll leave it to the people that do it best to make casters for the more popular games.

I would've made one for BBB if it wasn't already so late in it's life, eh maybe another cool game will come along, I'll try my hand at that! (loves to do new things)

Don't be so sure.

If you don't know how to program at all, it's a safe bet that you'll attempt to create netplay, look at pages of pages of code, think 'what the hell am I looking at?', then close the debug program and never look back.

Okay, maybe the 'never look back' part won't happen, but everything else will happen...

I found the glide thing with kunagi some time ago.

How ever, she can mix you up pretty easily with correct timing. After a standing C, she can jump instant airdash. With correct timing, you can instantly hit C in the air to prevent getting hit by a launcher. She can combo directly off of a projectile in the air or in the ground.

During kunagi's 6A, she can jump instant airdash and hit them with a j.C. Landing immediately she is able to follow up with an air combo-super. I'll just dub it IAC for now. (Instant-airdashC)

So i'd immagine her combo would be:

5A.5B.5C.2C.4C.6A, IAC, 5C.5B.5C, 623B.623D.

She can also mix you up with 5A.2A.6B. You can vary it as long as you stay away from the C button.

I also found some interesting corner lockdown, but I haven't tested it on a real player yet.

I hope I get a scene here in Brooklyn. When the game comes out, I guess I will bring it the The Next Level.

Where were you all this time ago? :gonk:

Where are you getting that you can combo off a ground projectile, though? The recovery is bad enough that combos from a ground proj are nonexistent, unless you mean comboing into a ground proj, in which case you can do that if you get them in the air.

Don't forget that you can do instant j.C after a JCable normal and reverse beat j.A>j.B while the opponent is on the ground.

Actually, you can combo off of Kunagi's ground projectile (her B projectile, to be precise). Example combo:

5A > 5B > 5C (2 hits) > 2C > 4C > 236B > jA > jC (2 hits) > j623B > j623D

It works because the 236B doesn't hit them as soon as it comes out (as the 2C > 4C puts them too high in the air), but they hit it as they fall down (so the hitstun starts later), giving you enough time to recover and follow up.

Though, I will say that the jA follow up is pretty strict timing, so it's probably the only way to follow up a ground projectile (well, aside from a counter).

Notice I said 'into', as in, in the middle of the combo, as opposed to 'off', as in, using the move to start a combo. Also notice that I said 'unless you mean comboing into a ground proj, in which case you can do that if you get them in the air.'

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I knew about the air meaty 236B combo from when I first got my hands on the game...

Forgot to mention, I figured out a consistent way to do the fireball glide. Doing it as fast as possible gets a DP, which is not what you want. Instead, the way I did it was 8...623[6]A. The way the inputs work allow you to get an airdash and still do the fireball. The trick is not to do it as fast as possible, but fast enough that you can complete the fireball motion before you lose your dash momentum.

Still kind of useless IMO, though. We'll see.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I read "combo into" as "this move can be used at the end of certain strings" and "combo off of" as "you can follow-up after using this move".

Sorry for the misinformation.

Notice I said 'into', as in, in the middle of the combo, as opposed to 'off', as in, using the move to start a combo. Also notice that I said 'unless you mean comboing into a ground proj, in which case you can do that if you get them in the air.'

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I knew about the air meaty 236B combo from when I first got my hands on the game...

Forgot to mention, I figured out a consistent way to do the fireball glide. Doing it as fast as possible gets a DP, which is not what you want. Instead, the way I did it was 8...623[6]A. The way the inputs work allow you to get an airdash and still do the fireball. The trick is not to do it as fast as possible, but fast enough that you can complete the fireball motion before you lose your dash momentum.

Still kind of useless IMO, though. We'll see.

Glide teleport mixups

In a blockstring, can someone who has someone else playing with them test out whether or not the ABC 214A actually is safe on a human player? It has crossup potential.

I think everyone knows full well that this is an alpha, which can change when they release a new alpha/beta or the full version of the game.

Which does not stop anyone from posting their findings now, so that they have a reference point of just how much has changed between versions. It's like a loketest in that sense.

Someone else asked the same thing way back in this thread, you know.

Kunagi infinite on rouga. She can JC into her J.C after an abc (no sweep) and link a slightly late A into another C/B to repeat the cycle. You have to jump toward them for it to work. It works regardless of whether you are in the corner or not.

Very hard to preform.

I had just stumbled upon that Kunagi infinite myself (it's not that hard to do, actually), and was looking for a place to post it, and stumbled upon here. I wanted to add another infinite I found with Kunagi that's much harder to do. It works vs Rouga and possibly Miyazato Gundan, but my trial version seems to bug out and the combo counter doesn't work in Kunagi vs Miyazato. The combo is:

5C (1 or 2 hits) > 2369A > delayed j5A > land 5A > ... > 5C repeat

The j5A must be timed perfectly or the grounded 5A doesn't combo. I can't do tk moves in combos consistently, so I can't go beyond 2-3 reps at a time in this. Obviously it links into her other infinites as well.

And Miyazato's 63214C is an infinite in itself, but it's fun to throw in other moves with.

>Miyazato

>why not just say Erika instead

That other inf you found...nice job on that.

...there needs to be an update soon. I think we've been on ver. 0.5 for forever now.

I did not know her name was Erika, I was only going from what was in the menu. Playing with the previous infinite that Negative Zero mentioned, I found another variation, only tested on Rouga, corner only.

j5C > SMALL delay > j5A > j5C (2 hits) > land repeat

No need for ground normals. If the second j5C only hits once, you messed it up.

One more small infinite, Senna vs Kunagi only. 2C > 6A repeat. Requires timing adjustment here and there. In the corner it's truly infinite, but I can't go beyond ~10 hits midscreen because 6A eventually pushes you behind Kunagi.

New build plz.

How long is this game from release? I'd like to get my hands on the full game and start a scene in Brooklyn as soon as possible.

Kain, you down?

The next level would be open by then.