Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Big Bang Beat Revolve

So here's the names of Big Bang Breaks (yeah, name hasn't changed):

Rouga Zanma

ウルフファング (Wolf Fang, name hasn't changed)

Kunagi Tenrou

瞬天殺 (new one, Shuntensatsu (Instant Heavenly Killing) or something like that)

Senna Kyoudou

刹月華 (again old one, Setsutsukihana (Temple Moon Flower) or something like that)

Ren Idagawa

逝っちまいな! (new one, Icchimaina! (don't know how to tranlste this, maybe "Drop Dead!")

Daigo Hotta

ザ・ラスト ドラゴン (new, The Last Dragon)

Kinako Tsukiyomi

ご光臨

Miyazato Gundan

宮里軍団集結 (Miyazato Gundan Shuuketsu (Miyazato Corps Gathering))

New vids are:

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm15309190 burai infinite

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm15312508 bugs

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm15313016 daigo combos

Tsukiyomi's romanizes to Gokourin (Honorable Visit). "Kourin" means "visit" or "call," but given the nature of the characters moves, "visit" likely works best. The "go" used is a respectful prefix, so I decided to put "honorable" in the translation. Don't know if you didn't translate it because you didn't know it, or just forgot to put it in, but there you go.

Also, dammit aja, test your shit!

Yeah. I knew it but was lazy to translate this 'cause she's a new character (and Eri's wasn't that tough btw).

Waiting for the full version! (and patches, huh)

The people that have bought the game already are pretty much testers at this point. My guess is that they rushed the product only because Summer Comiket is more popular than Winter Comiket which probably would have been the next deadline. Game is definitely full of bugs at the moment. I was watching a vid on Justin.tv and saw Kendo Nakanishi do her special the portrait that pops out was too big.

Now that the game is out the questions are when will the first patch come out and how many patches will it take to fix the bugs.

I really don't want to post Revolve vids on my YT channel since the game is more easily accessible than the other 2 games I'm covering, but if people want me to I guess I could for the ease of convenience :3

Anyways I just wanted to post to let everyone know that I've updated the Systems section (HUD, Controls, Advance Mechanics, and placeholders in the Basic Mechanics) on the Wiki.

I'm also going to remind you that ANYONE can update the wiki (even if they don't wish to sign-up for a wikia account) and I will only be maintaining the Erika page, so if you wish to fill anything out all I ask is;

- Make sure your post is 100% legit, if you see an error or mistake please report it here on the thread.

- After making an edit/addition on the wiki PLEASE give cliff notes (ie. added combos on Rouga's page) here in the thread so we can keep up with changes.

- Please be respectful to a main contributor of a character page and do not make all sorts of changes and additions without notice in the thread before hand.

I will overview the wiki overall, but at most I really only want to make formatting changes (to make all the pages follow the same guidelines), so you're free to do as you please with every character page but Erika's (<3) And speaking of if you wish to be a main contributor for a character please speak up now so I can record that on the front page of the wiki and give proper thanks in advance~

I will be moving and stuff but when i am back i will keep up with the Senna and Burai wiki. Vids would be nice and I will play the game with people from MI so I try to get that stuff uploaded.

Good stuff on the edits!

GJ, SolxBaiken!

Great work with the translating of mechanics, there are BB Mode and BB Break left.

Also, you need to update the name of Erika's Big Bang Break. :3

Looks like that Senna's infinite became quite popular :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SluOBcmsc&feature=related

Gundan Loop(Infinite?) on Senna. Justice is served!

Yeah if you read her wiki page it's alot simpler than that, and since it's an infinite the damage isn't the biggest thing, what's most interesting is this only works on Senna and it will whiff on anyone else after the 3rd rep

- After making an edit/addition on the wiki PLEASE give cliff notes (ie. added combos on Rouga's page) here in the thread so we can keep up with changes.

Whoops, I've been skipping out on this. I've included a break down of all of Rouga's normals, included kazukifafner's special and super inputs along with move descriptions, and added some basic combos.

EDIT:

Also added basic strategy and background for Rouga.

Adding some information to the Rouga section as well.

- Indicated which moves are air unblockable. (That's uh, anything that's not one of the following: an aerial move, 6B, 236A/B/C, the tip of 214C, or 41236ABC)

- Added some B-Dash peculiarities when specials are blocked.

- Added behaviour of specials on block.

EDIT: Oh, made the layout in the specials section a bit more consistent, while I was at it.

I think it's safe to say the Rouga page is pretty much completely fleshed out besides more combos and matchups.

EDIT:

Started working on Ren's page with filling in specials, supers, and command normals, but it quickly became a formatting nightmare. I can't figure out how to make Wikia actually do what I want it to do, so I'm giving up on it for now.

Just wanted to mention that I found a nice combo for erika midscreen. Posting it on the wiki, tested it in the demo so I don't know if it still works in the full version (I hope and assume it will). Hopefully this helps erika players, as I really like this character and see alot of potential in her.

EDIT: also added the bit about her tight chain special's followup move to the wiki. Wasn't sure how to format it into the page so I just put it there, feel free to change it.

Compilation of infinites this far...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15343041

I need help with this page :vbang:

I've created it to put here pictures from BBB and to comment their changes in BBBR, but I don't know how to work on it. :sweatdrop:

I've got an album here with all pictures uploaded so you can add them if possible, and I'll comment them later. :keke:

Btw this stage was unused in BBB but in BBBR it became Heita's (and his old stage is Erika's now):

33158101.png

Also these were on his old stage:

post-19019-139515162164_thumb.png

Made a very minor edit on Rouga's page: Changed it so that 214A has its own editable section too, like the rest of the specials.

EDIT: Damage system is silly, no matter how you combo, from the 35th hit onwards, everything will do 1 damage. That... certainly voids the damage on infinites, but it's a rather silly way to do it like that.

EDIT2: Forgot to put on the wiki that 214 is an overhead, silly me.

EDIT3: Failed pretty hard at making a new page =/ Trying to edit it seems to bring up an admin-restricted layout edit thingy.

EDIT5: Added damage values and proration values for all of Rouga's moves. Knowing Rouga's Big Bang Break's first hit does 1 damage, helped me a lot while finding these ^^;

How is that silly? What do you want 100% combos or something? If you start from an A> combo, everything scales worst. This means that games can't end in 10 sec becuase you got hit with a jab/short.

Uh, even if you did 35 hits with B, C, and special hits, it goes down to 1 dmg hit. What he said had nothing to do with jabs.

It seems silly because this leaves the impression of damage scaling being it does 1 after an arbitrary number of hits. If you look at some other games like BB or GG, it's affected by proration of the starter and which moves you use in the combo, so if you do a combo with heavily prorated moves you'll end up reaching 1 dmg / hit sooner than if you had gone with a move that has less proration.

Uh, even if you did 35 hits with B, C, and special hits, it goes down to 1 dmg hit. What he said had nothing to do with jabs.

It seems silly because this leaves the impression of damage scaling being it does 1 after an arbitrary number of hits. If you look at some other games like BB or GG, it's affected by proration of the starter and which moves you use in the combo, so if you do a combo with heavily prorated moves you'll end up reaching 1 dmg / hit sooner than if you had gone with a move that has less proration.

oh, ok.

I'm not a fan of proration myself. It takes away a lot of freedom in combos, because there are clear set "best" combos for any situation and being flashy is pointless because you don't generally get worthwhile damage. The BBBR system seems silly, sure, but I like that it lets you do whatever you want and it doesn't punish you for it. I think that's the logic behind the mechanics of the game, like the damage scaling and the lack of hitstun deterioration, it's about giving the player freedom and having that freedom be worthwhile.