Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Big Bang Beat Revolve

people, is an incomplete demo, just something that they threw to show that the project is still running, if you see wel they reused the gui of the previous game, im not gonna be surprised that many things chage for the next demo, or the release of the game

also as SXB said, BBA the eroge that BBB 1& 2 are based is more old than BB fir way too long, besides like if rachel was original, anyone remembers dance in the vampire bund, yeah rachel is pretty damn original :v:

Kinako (The blonde girl) was in BBA. BBA came out five years before BB. I hope this clears up the confusion.

While I never played BBA or BBB, I do look fowarding to maining Kinako. She's a vampire hunter in the original I think. From the screenshots, she looks like she uses that doll/puppet to attack.

Edit: Which is apparently a sentient doll named Grimoire-Chan. Apparently, Kinako engages in series of random conversations with it. Weird 0.0. She seems very interesting.

I only ever got to play BBB a few times on my friends computer but it was amazing. Anyone know of a way to get sticks/pads working on a PC that doesn't involve buying that stupid Microsoft adapter thing?

I only ever got to play BBB a few times on my friends computer but it was amazing. Anyone know of a way to get sticks/pads working on a PC that doesn't involve buying that stupid Microsoft adapter thing?

Have an arcade stick with a usb plug or buy a PS2 controller adapter online.

i've read a few people asking where to get the 1.06 patch so i figured i would repost it since i went to a bit of trouble to get it myself. i don't think there are any problems with posting it here given that the patch itself is not paid content.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hg5lee0mdg31tbe

really looking forward to the second edition. i would think the current one wouldn't be particularly hard to adapt for netplay, but it seems like it'll have to wait for the second one.

with any luck they won't end up abandoning the project, although at this rate it seems like it will still be a long time before it's released.

also, as represented by BBBB(the only western forum i know for this game) it seems people think that rouga/kunagi/one other are top tier, but the japanese seem to unanimously agree that sanzou alone is S tier and kunagi is usually more like B(even though aoniku seems to win tournaments frequently) according to the BBB shitaraba board. was i just reading the wrong people's posts or is the west's opinion on top tier actually different from japan's by that much? not that it would be surprising since i don't think anybody has really taken this game all that far.

Speaking of fighting games, can we have an update about Bigbang Beat 2?

Hope...it still remains! = w= Wow I didn't realize how small the team was, I'm shocked, amazed, and impressed. :3

Full article

Senna playable :D

I like the 'heavier' airdash in this build. They go don't float so much after the airdash.

Superjumps are in this build. Superjump forward, backward, neutral available.

Senna doesn't seem to have pushback on her blocks.

Senna simple infinite:

in corner stuff 623C [(jB optional) jC(1 hit) j623C]x n.......

Give me Burai yo. I want to punch some bitches!

I will definite be using Erika when the full game releases, thanks dobiqwolf for the heads up!

My observations on Erika:

Erika Miyazato notes

Movelist__________

Command Normals:

6A

6B

Specials:

214+A - Saki assist, fast attack but slow recovery, knocks down opponent

214+B - Shoko assist, slow attack but fast recovery, ground bounces opponent

214+C - Overhead

623+(A/B/C) - A/B variants can only be used as a combo ender, C allows for extensions such as into 63214+C, AIR ok

41236+A - Unblockable grab, connects on crouching opponents

L4C - Extension attack, slams the opponent to the opposite side of you

63214+C

Supers:

63214+D

Combos__________

5C>2C>5C>623+C**[>63214+C>623+C xN]>63214+D*

2A>2B>2C>5C>623+C**[>63214+C>623+C xN]>63214+D*

6A>6B>623+C**[>63214+C>623+C xN]>63214+D*

214+B>214+A>6A>6B>623+C**[>63214+C>623+C xN]>63214+D*

*Note that you must carefully time landing the attack with the fall of your opponent in order to land all hits

**Note you can replace 623+C with 63214+C and vice-versa

Erika has a rather simple infinite in which you just have to alternate between her 623+C and 63214+C, this is possible because at present 63214+C has a "vacuum" effect, so long as it hits the opponent it will actually pull them into to striking range for pretty much any follow up attack. But the proration in this game prevents you from killing anyone with this (however you can easily cause 50% life loss before it begins during 0 damage)

Sadly Erika doesn't have any cross up options, the only thing she'd have to consdier is her Shoko assit as she runs on screen, jumps, and bodyslams the opponent, within that transition you can jump over you opponent just before Shoko lands, however most smart players might see this coming

With the current system in general I'm hesitant to comment since this is such an early build, but I really hope elements from the first BBB return like being able to charge your B-Power gauge and ALL attacks consuming said gauge, as well as being able to "overflow" your gauge into missing health sections. Air dashing is far too heavy for my liking, at this point it's better the just super jump. Erika needs more supers!!! But overall I'm liking what I see so far = w=

Yeah, aside form commenting on general stuff that we might like to see or stuff that should be fixed, I don't really see much point in building combo stuff off of the early build that we have.

Also, hell yes Burai needs to be in next update.

Why not? I consider this just like a loketest, and updates on BBB2 are so few and far in between anyways :<

I only jotted down those two combos because well Erika can pretty much land anything into a 63214+C which naturally would lead into a 623+C and you can either loop it a bit for just end it with 63214+D. Like another combo start is 6A>6B>and your choice of 63214+C or 623+C = w= and so on. Right now she's not to flashy and either 63214+C needs a SLIGHT nerf (I love it but I think it's a little too crazy) or proration needs to increase on it to make the look ineffective sooner.

I'm trying to figure out good combos (that don't end in loop) with her assists but it's hard since Saki (A) is so instant and she knocks your opponent down so low that pretty much 623+C is your only option to continue the assault. And Shoko (B) has a bad window of attack; first you have to do the summon animation (effectively stopping your combo) then she has to run on screen and finally attack. Sure she can't be knocked but she can be easily avoided if your not in a corner; but she can attack from across the screen making an approach a bit easier. They can work pretty well together and if you time it carefully you can 214+B>214+A>into 6A chain.

Also damn them for giving her a "Haku-hop" instead of a dash >.< Also they need to remove 623+A and/or B I can understand her having one variant but they are basically the same thing and you can only end combos with them, the C ver is the only one I see you'll be using though. I like her attacks but they need to give her more control and options, like what's the point of having 41236+A if I can only do ONE thing afterwords? I mean you can't even use it to start a new combo (despite it pulling the opponent forward). But alas this is but an early build, I do hope they'll release more of these public demos as I look forward to seeing Erika evole! (She's actually one of my 3 favorite BBA characters so I'm glad she made it into BBB2!)

Also it's hard to do all this testing by myself :< (has no one to play with and I have to basically setup situations with my feet lol = w=)

Eh, I guess it's just because this doesn't even feel like loketest to me. It feels more like a progress update where not even the basic system is finished yet (like how the meter now goes to 9 instead of 5 like it did before v.04).

Not that testing out random stuff isn't fun, of course :3

in corner stuff 623C [(jB optional) jC(1 hit) j623C]x n.......

Doesn't have to be the corner. You recover from 623C/j623C almost immediately after you land, so you can dash up to them before they can tech out.

Just go 623C > dash > jC (2 hit) > j623C > dash > jC (2 hit) > repeat until you get into corner (and then just omit the dash).

EDIT: Actually, in the corner, you don't even need to do anything extra. Just 623C all day.

This game is pretty fun, minus all of the infinites and Easy 100% combos in this build.

Kinda hoping they would of made Todoroki Yuu into a playable character though.

Why not? I consider this just like a loketest, and updates on BBB2 are so few and far in between anyways :<

I only jotted down those two combos because well Erika can pretty much land anything into a 63214+C which naturally would lead into a 623+C and you can either loop it a bit for just end it with 63214+D. Like another combo start is 6A>6B>and your choice of 63214+C or 623+C = w= and so on. Right now she's not to flashy and either 63214+C needs a SLIGHT nerf (I love it but I think it's a little too crazy) or proration needs to increase on it to make the look ineffective sooner.

I'm trying to figure out good combos (that don't end in loop) with her assists but it's hard since Saki (A) is so instant and she knocks your opponent down so low that pretty much 623+C is your only option to continue the assault. And Shoko (B) has a bad window of attack; first you have to do the summon animation (effectively stopping your combo) then she has to run on screen and finally attack. Sure she can't be knocked but she can be easily avoided if your not in a corner; but she can attack from across the screen making an approach a bit easier. They can work pretty well together and if you time it carefully you can 214+B>214+A>into 6A chain.

Also damn them for giving her a "Haku-hop" instead of a dash >.< Also they need to remove 623+A and/or B I can understand her having one variant but they are basically the same thing and you can only end combos with them, the C ver is the only one I see you'll be using though. I like her attacks but they need to give her more control and options, like what's the point of having 41236+A if I can only do ONE thing afterwords? I mean you can't even use it to start a new combo (despite it pulling the opponent forward). But alas this is but an early build, I do hope they'll release more of these public demos as I look forward to seeing Erika evole! (She's actually one of my 3 favorite BBA characters so I'm glad she made it into BBB2!)

Also it's hard to do all this testing by myself :< (has no one to play with and I have to basically setup situations with my feet lol = w=)

Erica feels really unfinished, her 41236A allowing only one thing is kind of dumb unless it allows some oki setup, if the boost button make a come back it could be interesting.

Also are you sure that those loop works, I was sure that opponent can tech after the 623C, same thing for Senna.

Rouga looks solid now, block string using 236B are funny as if you try to hit him you eat the explosion, what do you think of his changes from vers.3?

same thing for Senna.

Yep, it works. Senna has a lot of lol stuff in this progress update.

She can 623C infinite in the corner (and doesn't need to do anything else). She can 623C infinite midscreen using 623C > dash > 623C > repeat until corner (and then you just omit the dash). The only place she can't is if she uses 623C when she's backed right into the corner. Even then, you can still connect with dash > jC > j623C, it's just that the 2nd hit of the j623C won't connect.

If you are mid screen, and you get them in the air (such as by using 2C), you can repeat 214C up to 6 times (depending on how far away they are). In the corner, you can even repeat 214C more than 20 times before they become out of reach (again, depending on distance between the two when knocked into the air.

She also has another infinite (though this one is really strict and is really only fun because it's satisfying to actually pull off). On a standing opponent in the corner, jB (as soon as you jump, while rising) > jC (about the apex of the jump, you'll know it worked if both hits connect) > repeat.

I should note that I did all of this on Ryouga since he's the only one who techs properly.

Also are you sure that those loop works, I was sure that opponent can tech after the 623C

Ok yeah just tested it out, the opponent can tech at the maximum height of the attack, which means....

Erika just became worthless!!! Seriously WTF!? You're right she's definitely unfinished because now all her 623 variants are worthless = x=

Well she has a long time before BBB2 even dreams of releasing so hopefully as more is added to the system she turns out better, because right now she's totally bottom tier (of a 3 person game XD--S tier Rouga/A tier Senna/F tier Erika ; A; )

Doesn't have to be the corner. You recover from 623C/j623C almost immediately after you land, so you can dash up to them before they can tech out.

Just go 623C > dash > jC (2 hit) > j623C > dash > jC (2 hit) > repeat until you get into corner (and then just omit the dash).

EDIT: Actually, in the corner, you don't even need to do anything extra. Just 623C all day.

I decided to record it incase anyone wanted to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrjbZDnMw0c

Did a combo for Erika too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_1I3V1IYM

I think Baiken already covered these combos though.

You can do a 6A after that first 2C chain if you want to, which is alot better alternative because you can combo again with 2C again, so you can do j5C>2A>2B>6A>2C>6A>2CC>6A>6321C>63214D>623C

Scratch that, Erika has a infinite too.

[6321C 5or6A]x N (6A's timing is alot stricter)

I know this is just a really glitchy Demo, but this game is so fun :gonk:.

I decided to record it incase anyone wanted to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrjbZDnMw0c

Did a combo for Erika too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-_1I3V1IYM

I think Baiken already covered these combos though.

You can do a 6A after that first 2C chain if you want to, which is alot better alternative because you can combo again with 2C again, so you can do j5C 2A 2B 6A 2C 6A 2CC 6A 6321C 623C

Scratch that, Erika has a infinite too.

[6321C 5or6A]x N (6A's timing is alot stricter)

I know this is just a really glitchy Demo, but this game is so fun :gonk:.

Out of curiosity, what video capture program do you use? Thinking about trying to record something myself.

Out of curiosity, what video capture program do you use? Thinking about trying to record something myself.

Fraps, then I rendered it in Sony vegas :v:.