Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kazuki Slice

[Xrd] Ky Kiske vs. Millia Rage

• Use this thread to discuss the Millia Rage matchup.
  • If the matchup is giving you trouble, check to see if this post already contains info which will help you. If not, be as specific as possible when asking for help and others will be glad to give advice.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated to collect useful info over time.

'Round Start:

'Neutral:

'Offense:

'Defense:

'Punishes:

'Combo Notes:

Could use some help in this one, guys.

I understand hair car and digitalas are negative, but a good Millia wont need them. Her ground movement speed is so good that TK air SE's...she runs under them for a free 2H!, Most of the time millia scares me out of my neutral game because one poorly spaced fireball could be the end.

I understand she's S tier for a reason, but come on. I almost feel helpless!

What I do understand:

• The roll mixup isn't as scary as it looks. Everything she does with her roll mixup outside of her HHS is minus enough to sway the tide in your favor, and the roll > roll again is throwable.

• Her dust makes my brain hurt, I get hit by this almost 100% of the time at the moment, because the roll back throws me off. What Im starting to look for, is how big of a disadvantage she is at if you read this correctly. According to the frame data, she is -10 after a blocked dust. This is enough time for a stun dipper, or if you can afford to, Sacred Edge her shit.

• Hair Car, if read correctly, can be BS'd and punished super heavily. Do not let her get away with murder...  BS into micro dash, c. S, 2H jc j.S, j.S, j.H xx HT VT is my go to punish in that situation.

• Outside of the corner, the HS version of her Top (disk) is challengeable. Remember: The disk isnt what youre dealing with. there is going to be a normal (or special!) before the disk actually hits you. Sometimes, I will see a millia go for knockdown into disk, then follow it up with a hair car. This may potentially allow her to be safe, as the disk should become active while shes recovering.

Suggestion on defense (and someone in here please step in if this is ineffective) You have to FD her out to about f.s range, and thats where you need to keep her. Always make her respect your VT, and dont let her get into shenanigans.

Come on guys, lets spitball here! Shes a problem!

I've played a couple very competent millias offline, and while I got my ass beat, I did learn some important info.

They both told me to use j.D more to control space against her to keep her from air dashing in. After you block off that part of the air, grounded yrc stun edge becomes very strong.

If you meet her in the air, i was told to use j.P more often (I typically use j.K) because it's harder for Millia to beat out.

Lastly, besides learning how to block/avoid her mixups, just abuse the hell out of 6H on her wakeup because she doesn't have a good reversal.

midscreen disc oki cannot be challenged if they do a sliding meaty 2k, will catch jumps, low profile both dps, recovers fast enough to catch backdash etc, if they have you respecting it then they'll start doing other stuff like tk bm or sweep

j.p is always a good air to air, learn where to use it against pretty much every char

if she tosses pin like a retard, sit on it with j.d, cse/powered up cse and etc

learn where to s se yrc, makes it much easier to anti air her if she's jumping around like a monkey, this is very big because it's what makes this matchup not garbage for ky this time around

have to be more wary about how meaty powered up cse is for low air dash/empty jump mixup

she takes damage like a bitch from dust and gs so use it to fuck with her

Ky vs. Millia

6-4 in favor of Millia and a pretty difficult fight for Ky. Millia is going rabbit hunting and Ky is the rabbit. Ky pretty much has to play active defense most of the time, and does not get many chances to attack.

Damage will mostly come off of inducing the other side to make mistakes.

Neutral

Basically you will try to goad Millia to attack you incorrectly and hit her hard when she does, and you have to do this while not getting knocked down and without getting thrown. This is why this matchup is fairly bad.

Her sweep and 2K are particularly dangerous, so you will have to memorize that distance and learn to punish it with a SE or FB greed sever. Most of the time you will be watching and reacting.

Your main pokes will be 6P, 2S, 5S, FB Greed Sever, 6HS, and 5K. 6P stops her far S, 5K stops her from running or rolling in, 5S seals out run into sweep, 6HS to seal out IAD attempts and so on. In particular, FB greed sever will stop her sweep with counterhit, which can lead to a lot of damage. Basically you want to be roughly 5HS distance most of the time if she's on the ground.

If she takes to the air, you have to pay attention to if she has the pin or not. If she has pin, you want to primarily make her use the pin while avoiding it, and then prevent her from getting the pin back. This will take a lot of her options away. Basically, you can jump backwards S if she gets to pin distance, or preemptively jump K/S to see if she is blocking in the air or not, chicken block the pin into airthrow, or if you have very sharp reflexes, wait for the pin and then HSVT in reaction. HSVT in reaction to pin will cause the pin to go through Ky, and if she opts to dive after the pin she'll get hit, whereas if she didn't she will probably be too far to attack you anyway.

If she doesn't have the pin, the 6P will beat her jump ins if timed correctly, and you can inflict massive damage if she tries to jump D or jump S you.

Another aspect is that Millia's anti-airs are merely okay, so it's hard for her to 6P your jump HS. If she tries to guess and you jump SE FRC, then you can do a lot of damage off the ensuing combo.

Offense

Should all be CSE based while watching for rolls and DAAs, otherwise standard Ky stuff. If she gets away, then oh well. Better to let it go back into neutral than push too hard and eat a knockdown.

Defense

FD if you are in block stun and just hold it down and look for an option to escape, or an opportune moment to DAA. She basically turns the game into a one player game and you will have to guess right so you don't want to be in this situation.

If you are not in block stun, then 2P abare is good to escape getting thrown, otherwise you will have to burn all resources to get out. Burst, FD jump away, even abare SVT or FB greed sever hoping for CH. You don't want her to have a turn, otherwise it becomes a one player game and you will most likely lose right there so always stay active on defense.

This is my least favorite matchup and it is my opinion that over a (very) long set, the Ky player will lose out no matter how skilled he is because he has too many concrete tactical things to watch for at all times, whereas Millia can play abstract offense almost all the time and generalize.

Excellent example of playing against Millia, Woshige vs Roz. His footsies seems to be to stay out of range of her 2d if not, keeping himself far enough that even if she tags him she can't get a knockdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvEXNCHS7sI&t=1177

Wanna win this match up?

Just make Ky ask Milia out on a date

she will say yes

because Ky is a king and attractive

10-0 Ky's favor