Nesica x Live Arrives at Round 1 (UPDATED)

Kuuhaku
  • One of the struggles with the AFGC scenes outside of Japan is that due to the focus on arcade releases, other scenes often do not get access to a game until months, if not almost a year after arcade release.

However, Round 1 Arcade, a large arcade franchise in the United States, has announced that they have Nesica x Live cabinets at their location in Puente Hills, CA.

title_banner_1720.jpg

Nesica x Live is the system that hosts the Blazblue and Persona franchises, but also features games like Arcana Hearts and Aquapazza.

Nesica Full Games List

With the release of the Nesica x Live arcade cabinets in the US, that means that the US will finally have access to games like Blazblue Central Fiction at the same as Japan. There has been no formal announcement as to whether the machines will be hosted at other Round 1s, but one can be hopeful. See a list of Round 1 locations here.

Jyosua has stated that there are two head to head arcade cabinets at Round 1 which do have full access to all the Nesica games and are in the process of downloading and installing them. If you live near Puente Hills, be sure to check it out.

CMQan2JUYAA1Eth.jpg

UPDATE: Due to licensing issues, for now the Nesica x Live machines at Puente Hills will only have Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend. However, Dustloop users are still planning on gathering and supporting the arcade in hopes that future opportunities will open up.

Credits to Jyosua for gathering information.
Credits to Daryl for posting the full list of Nesica games.
Credits to MechaMacGyver for starting the thread and showing support to Round1.

Edited by Bohemian Polka

Report Article

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is big news for the Western Arcade scene, which for the last several months has essentially been on life support, with Super Arcade currently in limbo and all other significant arcades in the Southern California region having died in the last few years.

I urge anybody within driving distance to make frequent stops. Round 1 may be closer to Dave and Busters than the majority might be comfortable with, but rest assured, the arcade has games worth playing already, serving to the majority of the fgc crowd with SFIV and Tekken, but with cyclings of our own flavors with BBCS, GGAC, and even HnK and Chaos Code! Do your part and keep this thing alive!

When everything gets installed, the list will go on to include older games we've NEVER had access to, including Daemon Bride Additional Gain, Perfektewelt, Chaos Breaker, GUNSLINGER STRATOS (!!), and plenty of others. While GG is not on the NESiCA system, there's plenty of other faire worth trying.

GET OUT THERE AND ROCK

Edited by Kaizen

Share this comment

I find this more than "big news" because I'm surprised that nesica machines are outside of japan without getting fucked over by anti-china drm. Would anyone be so kind to tell me how did japan allow this to happen and how to franchise this shit?

Share this comment

>when everything gets installed

So does this mean that they are still setting up the Nesica machines at R1? I've made several visits to R1 at Puente Hills before and am extremely excited about the news. It'd be great if the machines are already up and running by the time I make my next visit during the weekend!

Share this comment

From what I understand, the machines are running, but not all of the games are installed. Supposedly, everything should be in and ready today, as I've read thirdhand. 

I'd like to be down there tomorrow night. If not, then possibly Sunday, as there is a tournament at UGC on Saturday. If you see a guy in a hat and glasses arguing about Perfektewelt vs Ausf. Achse, or just attempting to mash at Nitro+ Blasterz or AC if they still have it set up on the side, hit me up.

Share this comment

I find this more than "big news" because I'm surprised that nesica machines are outside of japan without getting fucked over by anti-china drm. Would anyone be so kind to tell me how did japan allow this to happen and how to franchise this shit?

Dunno, but I guess there would be some workarounds bringing this over, didn't expect to see the day that this arcade system gets brought over stateside.

Not only that, but that location is about a 1/2 hour drive (or later if traffic doesn't get in the way) to where I'm at, so yeah, might stop by an actual R1 for the first time and check out the stuff that I haven't tried out before. (Except for the stuff that's already localized on consoles.

---

Edit/Update: Well, spoke too soon, it seems only CP Extend and USF4 will only be there due to licensing issues (if what this IPW article is to believe), and not the entire catalog of NxL titles, ugh. Guess we'll have to probably have to wait for those (if possible).

Edited by NeoStrayCat

Share this comment