Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TGS

GGXX#R Millia Guide

alright ill kick this off with daily questions then...since im now learning millia...her iad relaunh combo on sol...i just can't connect the s© to get them back in the air...ive tried double tapping and a lot of different timings...i can do it on ky easily...is it better to do iad p-hs on sol...i mean for now just so i can finish the combo. i know what the answer will be...practice...i am thats just a weird combo.

How come always aft 2HS i cant manage to connect more den 2-3 hits in the air?the HS ending in air always doesnt connect.its like im too low or smth,coz im always poking just the leg or the opponent(say baiken),is there a special way to do it? or do u juz nid to do it like,super fast?

Saiten: Before suggesting combos, it's always a good idea to head to Training and test them out.

Dash P, 2HS, jump P, P, 8K, P, P, S, D

-P does not combo to 2H (unless you meant 6P?)

-j.S does not gatling to j.D.. and regardless, you'd want to be ending your aircombos in j.H to get knockdown

-j.P -> j.S is not always good to do, since once the hit counter goes beyond 8, it becomes techable (the j.S no longer combos)

For the guide, I think I can add a decent amount to:

5) Combos

iii. Situation Launch Combos

iv. Relaunch Combos

v. Double Relaunch Combos

vi. Throw into Launch Combos

viii. Random/Flashy/Rarely Used/Nice to Know Combos

ix: Corner Combos! :D

6) Advanced Techniques

7) Millia's Fight Plan

I'll post up a bunch of stuff on the weekend, and hopefully TGS can add whatever he finds useful to the guide. ::):

-P does not combo to 2H (unless you meant 6P?)

-j.S does not gatling to j.D.. and regardless, you'd want to be ending your aircombos in j.H to get knockdown

-j.P -> j.S is not always good to do, since once the hit counter goes beyond 8, it becomes techable (the j.S no longer combos)

-nah. I got it to work. let me explain it. maybe i typed it wrong. When she dashes and you press P she doest that move that turn her hair into something like a flower. That's two hits. then press 2HS then jc and the rest of the combo.

-sorry about P not working with D. I wrote that combo from memory. I only get to play GG when I go over my firends house. I'm at home right now. So if I type something wrong feel free to correct it.

so the combo is

Dash P (two hits), 2HS, jump P, P, 8K, P, P, D

P does not combo to D.

Please go to the training mode, put teching on (back or forward, as neutral tech is actually a frame or so slower), and THEN test combos.

I guess I'll contribute to a wiki if it's ever put up...

edit: okok, i didn't mean to sound cold... P DOES go into H. what you have though, is a rather obsolete combo. instead of 6P-2H -> JC, j.P-P -> DJC, dj.K-P-P-H(3), do this: 6P-2H -> JC, iad.S-H, land, S©-2H... or this: 6P-2H -> HJC, hj.K-S-P-H(3) or something similar... more damage, and the high jump/iad momentum carries over better (you'll be closer after the knockdown).

yea it does. I got it to work.

the tech in training techs super fast. no one can tech that fast. It techs if there's like .5 seconds in-between a hit.

I've did it on actual ppl. [and the computer ]

5. Combos

iv. Relaunch Combos

v: Double Relaunch Combos

These have been grouped together because they are very similar. Single relaunches are listed, with the double relaunch parts in brackets. Double relaunches generally put you into the corner where you are able to pick up your pin immediately, so you may as well go for them whenever you have Pin.

To make this part of the guide simpler, I'll define the weight classes first. Note that I've put Millia, Johnny, I-No, Jam and Dizzy into the Average class, as they fit more into that category with regards to Millia's aircombos.

Light: Bridget, May, Baiken

Average: Sol, Ky, Axl, Anji, Eddie, Millia, Chipp, Faust, Venom, Slayer, Dizzy, Zappa, I-No, Johnny, Jam

Heavy: Testament, Robo-Ky, Potemkin

Along with a list of possible Enders for your aircombos:

rj.K-P-P-K-P-K, rdj.K-P-H. Useable only at far screen, due to pushback if you have already reached the corner. Highest possible damage, by a few points. Note that you'll have to reduce the number of P's/K's for the lighter characters.

rj.K-P-P-H. Good if you are already in/near the corner after throwing the pin, as you won't get pushed away.

r.5S©-2H, sjc.S-P-P-H. Best used when guard bar is high, or if Pin was used for the first relaunch. In these instances, this would do more damage than the above enders. Useable only outside of corner range, otherwise the sj.H may whiff on some of its hits and/or become techable.

After 1-2 hits of (relaunch) sj.H, Pin, AD j.H. Easy, quick knockdown. Convenient if in corner already and still have Pin.

6H, Secret Garden. Best used in corner only.

6H, Roll. Easy way to get knockdown, gives you extra time to lay disc and whatnot in corner.

Lust Shaker (214S)? You may get this randomly when you were trying to Pin too close to the ground after a j.H. But sometimes this does not hit OTG, and gives you ~8-10 extra damage + knockdown for no effort. Flashy~

Relaunching Without Disc

Light + Average weight characters:

2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S©-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Notes:

On certain characters, you will have to change up the timings of the 2H sjc.S and the first sj.H. For these characters it's also more practical to end in something simple like rj.K-P-P-H, as they have strange air hitboxes. You also may need to add a third sj,P after the S© relaunch on the slightly 'heavier' characters (Ky/Eddie/Axl/Venom).

Chipp/Anji: Delayed sjc S, delayed sj.H. Hitting the initial hits on these two are a bit tough, it's easy to miss the sj.S on Chipp, while Anji often falls out at the first sj.P. The way to time this combo is to watch the hit freeze, and sjc out of 2H just as Millia starts retracting her hair back.

Eddie/Axl: Delayed sj.H.

Venom: Very slightly delayed sjc.S, slightly delayed sj.H.

Ky: Immediate sjc.S, delayed sj.H.

Millia: Input the sj.attacks very quickly to ensure that sj.H hits three times instead of two.

Johnny: Throw the Pin after the second hit of the sj.H, as you may be too close to the ground to do so on its third hit.

Heavy characters:

Testament/Robo-Ky: 2H sjc.K-S-P-P-H, land 5S©-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Potemkin/Robo-Ky: 2H sjc.K-S-P-S-H, land 5S©(2)-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Potemkin (easy): 2H IAD j.S-H(2), land 5K-5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Robo-Ky (easy): 2H sjc.K-P-S-P-H, land 5S©(2)-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Robo-Ky (best): 2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S©(2)-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Notes:

Testament: Majorly delayed sjc.K. Wait until the animation of Millia pulling her hair back is almost complete before doing the sjc.K, or the following sj.S will whiff.

Potemkin: Slightly delayed sjc on combos starting with it sj.K. On the IAD combo, the j.H will only hit once if the 2H hit at or near its maximum range.

Robo-Ky: Is a bit tough to aircombo with sj unless using the easy combo. In the best aircombo, the sj.S must be as low as possible, and the j.H must be delayed by a fair amount. If it looks like you mistimed the j.H to not allow for a 5S© relaunch, a 5K-5S-2H relaunch will almost always work.

Relaunching With Disc

I find this a bit tougher than regular relaunching, but the combo is mostly the same for all characters, heavies aside. The only thing is that you have a short time to adjust your sj.H timing to allow for relaunching with 5S©. You also have to watch out that you don't get Tigerknee Turbo Fall when you sjc.K.

Average weight characters:

(Disc hits), r.5S©(2) sjc.K-P-S-H, land 5S©-2H, sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender), OR

(Disc hits) r.5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, land 5S-2H, sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender)

Light characters:

(Disc hits), r.5S©(2) sjc.K-S-P-H, land 5S©-2H, sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Heavy characters:

Testament:

(Disc hits), r.5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-H(3), land 5S©-2H, sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

To get the sj.H to hit three times, you can delay the sjc.S by a small amount.

Potemkin:

(Disc hits), r.5S-2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S©-2H, sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Robo-Ky:

(Disc hits), r.5S-2H sjc.S-P-S-H(2), land 5S©(2)-2H, sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Anti-Air Relaunch Combos

Using 6P-2H as AA

It can be very tricky to combo off this AA, as the height will vary depending on how high the opponent is before they are launched. Unless you can sense a clear shot at relaunching with 5S©, it's best to stick to 5K for this instance. If they are a ways in the air already, you'll have to change up the combo accordingly, and will probably have to use Pin to relaunch even once, assuming it's at a convenient angle.

Light characters - Closer to ground:

6P-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, land 5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Average weight characters - Closer to ground:

6P-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, land 5K-5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Heavy characters - Closer to ground:

6P-2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S©(2)-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Light + Average weight characters - Fairly airborne:

6P-2H sjc.S-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Heavy characters - Fairly airborne:

6P-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, land 5S©(2)-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Using 2H (non-CH) as AA

Again, it's easier to relaunch with a 5K, but a 5S© is not out of the question if you can vary your j.H timing well enough within the short window you have with the j.P-H gatling. If you do use the 5K to relaunch, use one less sj.P in the second air string.

Note that When using a sole 2H as AA, it's best to 'hit-confirm' to see if you've landed a Counter Hit or not. You do this most easily by listening to the announcer's voice, as he'll yell out "COUNTER" immediately. If you don't hear this, launch up with your sj.S:

All characters - Closer to ground:

2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Light characters - Fairly airborne:

2H sjc.S-P-H, land 5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Average weight characters - Fairly airborne:

2H sjc.S-P-P-H, land 5S-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Heavy characters - Fairly airborne:

2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S©(2)-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H, (Pin, Ender).

Using 2H (CH) as AA

Fairly straightforward, as 2H CH gives knockdown, and therefore a ton of time to time your attacks properly/setup your aircombo.

All females + Bridget:

2H CH, 2H sjc.S-P-S-H(2), land 5S©-2H sjc.S-P-P-H(3), (Pin, Ender).

Note that on Jam and I-No, the first sj.H will usually hit three times.

Average weight characters:

2H CH, 2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S©-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H(2), (Pin, Ender).

Heavy characters (+ Johnny):

2H CH, 5S-2H sjc.S-P-S-H, land 5S©-2H sjc.S-P-P-P-H(2), (Pin, Ender).

Note that both Average/Heavy combos can be done on Testament, but it's far easier to time the Average combo on him.

Using 5P as AA

Throw this out twice to hit-confirm so you don't go sailing off with your sj.K. If you use this AA at a longer range, relaunches may not be possible without the use of Pin.

Light + Average weight characters:

Generally the same combos as if you had hit them with a Disc first.

(See 'Relaunching With Disc' section)

Heavy characters:

5P-5P sjc.K-P-P-S-H, land 5S-2H, sjc.S-P-P-P-H(2), (Pin, Ender).

Testament: 5P-5P sjc.K-S-P-P-H works better.

6) Advanced Techniques

An IAD -> pin from about midscreen will create a situation where it's hard to tell if Millia will crossup or not. Delay the pin by a fraction of a second and it will not, otherwise it will, if timed properly. Also, if the crossup is done at the right range, you will land out of throw range and can try directly for a 5S©-2H (into either aircombo on hit, or 2D/236H FRC on block).

9. Random Info

Since Millia does not really rely heavily on tension (but builds alot of it), you can, on the rare occasion, blow 50% of her tension on an odd tickthrow or rushdown setup.

Examples:

Running 5S(f) RC, run in:

1) if CH, launch with 5S-2H

2) if not, throw

3) if not, pressure with 2K into highs and lows

A blocked gatling into Lust Shaker (214S) RC -> run in, will also put you at a major frame advantage for mixup opportunity.

Again, blowing tension in this way is not really recommended, but can be useful towards the end of a round or if you find yourself landing a Gold Burst.

----------------------------------

Well, that's all for now. If I've left out some important stuff feel free to add to or correct this. I'm no AKA / Def1n1tely so don't be surprised if some of this stuff is off, this is just what I've gathered from testing and experience. I'm still learning things myself, so don't hesitate to fix any errors. Thanks.

Edit 1: Added more detailed info to 'Anti-Air Relaunch Combos' section.

yea it does. I got it to work.

the tech in training techs super fast. no one can tech that fast. It techs if there's like .5 seconds in-between a hit.

I've did it on actual ppl. [and the computer ]

Even if the player is just mashing their recovery (which is never a good idea), they'll still be able to tech out of the gap between the P and the D in that air combo.

Teyah /

great good =D

Even if the player is just mashing their recovery (which is never a good idea), they'll still be able to tech out of the gap between the P and the D in that air combo.

let's say the K (or P) CHs then the D combos , i added somthing like that in my CV , i'll go work on the editing now >>

well I wont agrue. If you think it doesnt work then that's fine.

yes, on CH, it will work, but without? not a chance.

for reference... air hit stun durations:

LV1 | LV2 | LV3 | LV4 | LV5

10F | 12F | 14F | 16F | 18F

<j.P>

DM | TG | LV | Guard | Cancel | EX | AC | RE | SD

_10| 1.4| _1 | ___HA| ___cCR|_5 | __6 | _8 | -4/+1

and

<j.D>

DM | TG | LV | Guard | Cancel | EX | AC | RE | SD

'36 | 2.6| _3 | __HLA | ___CR | 11 | _7 | _9 | -1/+4

so... if P to D hits someone, its their own damn fault for not teching.

Since I'm on a hella short spring break (less than one week, boo...), I'm gonna organize this mothafucker and add + edit Teyah's stuff to integrate into the guide. The guide's getting really big to the point of me getting annoyed to death over those character limit warnings and running out of posting space to put sections of the guide up. Expect another thread with the actual guide in it (probably gonna be a locked thread so it'll be easier for me to manage for time being), and I guess I'll use this thread for submissions...

Yes, please post the unfinished part.

I've played GG Series for a long time, but never cared to improve my skill up until now, so a guide would help greatly. I'm good enough to win all my friends but I'm thinking about looking for some tournaments, so for that I'd have to improve a lot.

^^ I'm the same as well. My friends and I have tournaments sometimes for the fun of it, and all of them are good players. I still mop them up with Millia, but I'd like to test out my skills at tourney's, but there just aren't any around here. =/

Almost done, mofukkas. Actually, not really; still need to convert it to apply to Slash Millia... Fuck.

The guide is actually still being worked on? :amazed:

It's a bit late for the #R Millia stuff (which would mostly be combos), Slash would be still be useful though. Just ransack the forum threads for combo info, Def1nitely's got some great posts in there.

You have to keep in mind that the guide is catered towards beginners to average players. While some of it may be info players like you and me already know and have known for years, it's completely new info to those starting the game and only having access to a regular XX or #R machine (or X-Box version of #R).

Besides, the Slash guide isn't gonna be as long as this one as long as people already know what to expect with Millia. And in order for people to know what to expect with Millia, they can just read this guide...

Ah okay, I gotcha. I see you added my relaunch section in there earlier today, which is good stuff...

The 'Millia's Fight Plan' section may just be the toughest part to write, as it seems that many of Japan's better Millias simply don't play the same way (in neutral situations anyway). It will take some work to get a good, in-depth playstyle strategy written up, so maybe it would be best to just stick with general tips and pointers.

In any case I'd be willing to help you out with this, TGS, so let me know what sort of info you'd like to see in this part of the guide!

Cool. I'll digest this guide thank you very much. Since Millia isn't as straightforward as lets say HoS it should be worthwhile. Oki part isn''t hard but imo getting the hit is the challenge.

I hope to get some vids on my Millia in 2 weeks time though.

Millia #R Character Data

Weight: x1.05

Damage Modifier: x1.21

Stun Resistance: 55

Guts Rating: 3

Forward Walk: 4.50 dots

Backward Walk: 3.50 dots

Forward Dash Initial Velocity: 11.80 dots

Forward Dash Acceleration: 0.45

Forward Dash Resistance: x1.11

Back Dash Velocity: 14.0 dots

Back Dash Invincibility: 6F