Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pichy

Comboing Into Instant Kills: Here's the Lowdown

I'm still seeing confusion about this phenomenon, so I made a little video that was totally not me also testing stream settings and mic levels.

http://www.twitch.tv/pichy_and_pals/c/5698290

There is one thing I forgot to mention though:

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO COMBO INTO INSTANT KILLS IN XRD.

Even if you're already in IK mode, land a counterhit Fafnir and even RC it just to be sure it will not work. The game forces it to whiff.

Now go make some silly kill combos on Chipp or something. I'll be back to grinding Zato unblockables.

Text version if you don't have 6 minutes to waste on a video.

• if opponent is in Hellfire, winning this round will win the match, and you have 50% or more Tension when activating Instant Kill, the opponent is frozen like a superflash.
  • opponents enter Hellfire state at 20% health or less once they first reach neutral.
    • If a combo reduces them below 20%, they won't enter Hellfire state until they hit neutral, unless you reduce them to 10% or less during that combo. They then enter Hellfire immediately.
    • when these conditions are satisfied, your tension bar (the container) will glow gold.
  • only an Instant Kill activated with this superflash can be combo'd. (?)

>50% or more tension

lol Now I see why I couldn't make this work. :v: So, IK activation may work in a similar fashion to Roman Cancel so you can Destroy the enemy, am I right? I can see this guy in the video cancelling Fafnir with IK activation.

I've tried this with Ky, but haven't found an optimal way to do it (other than Dust -> run -> 6H). Any suggestions (in general for any char)?

So, IK activation may work in a similar fashion to Roman Cancel so you can Destroy the enemy, am I right? I can see this guy in the video cancelling Fafnir with IK activation.

No, it's not a cancel. You still have to return to neutral to enter Instant Kill Mode. Fafnir just has a pretty subtle recovery animation.

I should add that the conclusion conditions that enable Instant Kill Mode (Gold) only occur during match point.