Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

I think itd be hilarious if Arcsys saw all this complaining and decided to give us a special patch where all characters are replaced with non functioning Dr. Paradigm models.

We'll probably get a list of translated changes in the next few days, so people need to talm their cits.

I think itd be hilarious if Arcsys saw all this complaining and decided to give us a special patch where all characters are replaced with non functioning Dr. Paradigm models.

We'll probably get a list of translated changes in the next few days, so people need to talm their cits.

Harada would seriously do it.

Im excited. Can't wait to learn about the new stuffs

As a Sol player nothing to learn except doing BB after 2HS on counter hit.

So I already know about a few changes done to Chipp and Elphelt,like Chipp's 2S staggering on CH and his invisibility getting nerfed and Elphelt's pinberry going away when she get's hit. Aside from that does anyone know anything else? 

Bedman's 1/2/3H is jump cancellable both on hit and block. In addition, his air Task B (j.236S) knocks down on air hit from regular jump height, maybe even higher.

Patch notes when? It's 2015, need to know right now if I must drop my char and train a stronger one before the patch comes out.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For real though, any real reason we need it right this second aside from some petty principles?

What are the opinions of the top tiers post-patch? Faust, Milia, Zato and Elphelt. Mainly for king of heart unless someone is reading Japanese twitters. 

Dogura tweeted that he thinks Elphelt is the best character in 1.1 despite the nerfs, and he'll be using her in the future.

The only reason JP twitter hasn't been absolutely ablaze with Elphelt salt since January is because their top players weren't grinding the console version. Travailler has already been labelled the gorilla of the game.

She seems much less cheesy in 1.1 though; I think they hit the nail on the head with the changes they made.

Withholding information will of course keep the "arcade experience" intact but is ultimately pointless, simple as that. The users will eventually find every minute change out, but they will have to waste time researching every possible change instead of how it may factor into gameplay. Isn't that silly?

NO. No it isn't. AT ALL. Who are you to determine if some type of experience people seek be "silly" or not? Sorry you've had the flame of curiosity stamped out of your character by... whatever. But many others haven't. Some people want more than to march diligently towards some End Game when playing their favorite fighter. Video Game experiences are not some river bed or ray of light seeking to obey Fermat's Principle. They're video games, and even though for many of us, they're more than just games, the process of discovery tenuously, yet substantially, preserves whatever is left of that child-like whimsy of yesteryear; before the information-age and esports dream-chasers changed everything about how we approached them. 

Not having everything explained and preserving a sense of mysticism is preferable to some people. I'm baffled that this is so hard to comprehend or sympathize with for some.

"The chapter of fascinations is very long. Great is paint; nay, God is the painter; and we rightly accuse the critic who destroys too many illusions. Society does not love its unmaskers."

- 'Illusions'; Ralph Waldo Emerson

The patch is only available in Japanese arcades right now. Presumably, they want to extend the arcade life of the game as much as possible, therefore refraining from releasing a full list of changes will encourage players to spend more time on the game in the arcade in order to discover everything. Once the console version is updated, chances that a full list of changes will be made available is much higher.

Most likely the reason they provided change lists with the location test versions was to help generate hype for the new version. Now that the new version is out, they will want to keep people playing it in arcades.

I really don't see the point in people getting mad. Presumably no one will have access until at least the time when the JP console version gets released, and we don't know if the US version will update simultaneously. You really don't need to know right now. Relax.

Patch notes when? It's 2015, need to know right now if I must drop my char and train a stronger one before the patch comes out.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For real though, any real reason we need it right this second aside from some petty principles?

I was actually waiting for someone to ask some variation of this question.  The answer is time.  I want to know how, until I have the newest version in my hands, to best apply my time.  I play Potemkin and I am having trouble getting his 6K corner loops (i.e. about the only thing anyone should be really afraid of with regards to this character).  Now looking at video of 1.1 it's already apparent that due to changes to 6K and Trishula that the optimal version of this has changed.  I want to know if it's changed in a way that I can still practice at all in the current version or if my time would be better spent working on other stuff.  So yeah, time.  

It really sucks that I don't have anyone to play with offline.  I usually too busy with school work and if I play online, it usually isn't good because AT&T U-verse dosn't have internet connection and if I get a good connection, the players are not very good.  Already considered quitting the game.  That being said, I hope that the patch comes to consoles soon.

The patch is only available in Japanese arcades right now. Presumably, they want to extend the arcade life of the game as much as possible, therefore refraining from releasing a full list of changes will encourage players to spend more time on the game in the arcade in order to discover everything. Once the console version is updated, chances that a full list of changes will be made available is much higher.

Most likely the reason they provided change lists with the location test versions was to help generate hype for the new version. Now that the new version is out, they will want to keep people playing it in arcades.

I really don't see the point in people getting mad. Presumably no one will have access until at least the time when the JP console version gets released, and we don't know if the US version will update simultaneously. You really don't need to know right now. Relax.

I wanted to say that but I knew that it won't convince some people.

Adding the fact that the 1st and 2nd location test were around 3 or 4 days.

While the 3rd one extended until before yesterday.

if I get a good connection, the players are not very good.  Already considered quitting the game.

Ok you said you're busy, but wouldn't it be possible to write to some of these players and play long sets and train them?

Instead of quitting, put something in to get something out.

(i do use some of my time to train beginners in some other martial art, so they become good opponents later, it's fun if they keep at it) :)

I wanted to say that but I knew that it won't convince some people.

so instead of saying this you decided to tell people that  it's their fault for living in America and arcsys doesn't care about them.

good move, well played

so instead of saying this you decided to tell people that  it's their fault for living in America and arcsys doesn't care about them.

good move, well played

This strawman is so fucking dry, it spontaneously combusted and set an innocent toddler on fire. I hope you're happy. 

This strawman is so fucking dry, it spontaneously combusted and set an innocent toddler on fire. I hope you're happy. 

i am happy, i enjoy when dustloop blows up over silly shit, there was no sarcasm in my "good move, well played"

People, please show restraint on posting in this topic; it's for NEWS and GAMEPLAY DISCUSSION. I had to scroll through 3 pages of argumentative bullshit about something I don't care about to see if my question was answered. If someone is making an argument about something, just bite the pillow and let the other person have the last word on the matter, otherwise the thread will just derail off topic, or if you really want to have the discussion, go to PRIVATE MESSAGES, message the person, then add anyone else you want to that private conversation.

It really sucks that I don't have anyone to play with offline.  I usually too busy with school work and if I play online, it usually isn't good because AT&T U-verse dosn't have internet connection and if I get a good connection, the players are not very good.  Already considered quitting the game.  That being said, I hope that the patch comes to consoles soon.

Netplay Millia.

OKAY BYE IT WAS NICE KNOWING YOU!

I rarely ever get to play with people locally, but if you quit the scene instead of making a pro-active choice to contribute or help develop it, it's going to die. If you're going to school, does your school have a gaming club? Most of them do, so you can see about using that as a foundation to build a scene. Start with casuals if you do so people can warm up to the scene, or learn the game or whatever. It's not that hard; I just go with a TV, PS3 and 6-pack of Mill St. Coffee Beer. If people can't find that entertaining, clearly you live in Winnipeg.