Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackYakuzu94

Death Battle: Ragna vs. Sol

I figured this is a relevant topic and hey, always good to have some fun discussion once in a while. Anywho, for those who don't follow the Death Battle series, a series which takes two similar characters from a respective series and pits them against each other in a fight to the...well, death. What's notable is that the creators actually do try to do as much research as possible on the characters and stay true to their abilities. Recently, it was announced that the protagonists of both Blazblue and Guilty Gear are going to go at it at the end of their latest video:

You can see the preview at about 19:45 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwzH7eSOwAc

So guys, place your bets. Who do you think is going to win? Why do you think so? Just gonna watch the world burn.

We already watched the world burn with Wily v Eggman :P

Anyhow, my bet is on Sol if he removes his headband. Just seems like releasing his inhibitor on his Gear cells would just devastate Ragna (well, maybe: don't know much about Ragna to tell the truth). After all, Sol beat Justice with his headband on, and they are both Gears.

Since most Death Battles don't take personality into account, the winner will more or less be Ragna since his Azure is less of a nuclear warhead and more of a planet's core begging to explode. It might as well take the Black Beast to kill off Sol. Otherwise, Sol would win since he has hundreds of years worth of experience, more control over his Gear powers, and rarely ever relents during a fight, especially when his opponent is a pretty big deal.

How the death battle ends 

After a long battle ragna and sol start breathing heavily trying to lift their swords. They stared at eachother wondering who would go ahead and do the first move. Something seemed off. A loud mooing noise came out of nowhere and a huge fleet of flying cows headed toward them. Sol gasped as he was hit in the face with a cow which then hit ragna as they began to fly off into a huge crater.

"Oh dear, that was quite dreadful. I just meant to hit that Sol chap" rachel said sipping her tea. "My lady, what about Ragna? That cliff looks rather deep", Valkenhayn asked. "Oh, you needn't worry. I'm pretty sure it's quite a common thing for him to get a cow to the face", rachel said continuing sipping her tea. 

I-no began looking down at the cliff and walked over. "Well, there went japan. Hey midget tits, grab me a cup of tea" I-no shouted. "Why i never", Rachel scoffed.

How the death battle ends 

After a long battle ragna and sol start breathing heavily trying to list their swords. They stared at eachother wondering who would go ahead and do the first move. Something seemed off. A loud mooing noise came out of nowhere and a huge fleet of flying cows headed toward them. Sol gasped as he was hit in the face with a cow which then hit ragna as they began to fly off into a huge crater.

"Oh dear, that was quite dreadful. I just meant to hit that Sol chap" rachel said sipping her tea. "My, lady what about Ragna? That cliff looks rather deep", Valkenhayn asked. "Oh, you needn't worry. I'm pretty sure it's quite a common thing for him to get a cow to the face", rachel said continuing sipping her tea. 

I-no began looking down at the cliff and walked over. "Well, there went japan. Hey midget tits, grab me a cup of tea" I-no shouted. "Why i never", Rachel scoffed.

Appropriate song

Would the same be true for Ragna? He'll lose because Mori wouldn't allow otherwise.

I thought that was Sol vs Ragna, not Sol vs Noel?

In any case, I like Ragna better as a character but yeah, the odds are against him. But hey, DB could surprise us.

It would really be a fight between Sol's ability to damage Ragna physically and Ragna's ability to drain Sol's, uhhhh, soul...

Also, if Sol take off the headband and loses control and goes ape shit dragon mode, Ragna has to have that same ability when it comes to him losing control and going Black beast like in his bad endings. 

In the end, I think Sol has the edge, but Ragna has the underdog thing going for him and he could pull a upset if he wanted to with his Astral (Soul draining OP). A bunch of things could happen here.

I'll be rooting for Ragna tho. I look forward to this DB. 

I feel as though Ragna is still in the process of getting stronger in BB and Sol has been an unstoppable badass since the beginning of GG. And Ragna gets his ass kicked several times in all the story modes and Sol just always holds back and shrugs everyone off. Except for that one time where he kicked his own Holy Order ass when he was sent back in time. Of course like everyone has said, Ragna does have his wild card of going Black Beast crazy on us.

Sounds like fun. Hoping there won't be too much salt regardless of the outcome. People still won't shut up about that Goku vs Superman one.

Sounds like fun. Hoping there won't be too much salt regardless of the outcome. People still won't shut up about that Goku vs Superman one.

Yeah, speaking of that, I'm not even gonna take this DB seriously right after the Goku/Superman fight, so yeah, its just purely enjoyment, is all. (Even besides factial stats and such.)

I feel as though Ragna is still in the process of getting stronger in BB and Sol has been an unstoppable badass since the beginning of GG. And Ragna gets his ass kicked several times in all the story modes and Sol just always holds back and shrugs everyone off. Except for that one time where he kicked his own Holy Order ass when he was sent back in time. Of course like everyone has said, Ragna does have his wild card of going Black Beast crazy on us.

Not too likely that there will a salt storm at the end of this. I mean, if you are a fan of GG, you are most likely a fan of BB and vice versa. My only issue would be how unoriginal the idea is to match up Ragna and Sol. I was hoping for something really out there like Hakumen vs perhaps the Silver Samurai? I just feel like I saw this coming. 

Oh you have noooo clue lol.

really? I never played Guilty Gear (I'm planning on getting GG Xrd soon) but they look pretty similar. Do people here really hate the other? 

really? I never played Guilty Gear (I'm planning on getting GG Xrd soon) but they look pretty similar. Do people here really hate the other? 

It's not really that, it's just the demographics are pretty far and apart. 

I hated BB.  Going from the GG series into BB was too much of a step back for me.   ;/  No idea about the future iterations, but yeah...  went into SF4 over BB after that experience.

Many GG fans dislike BB a lot.  Not every one of them, but just saying that liking GG means liking BB is quite wrong.

I personally like both sides, and personally I could care less who exactly 'wins'.

Heck if anything if you guys know the two characters well, you could deduce the winner.

Yeah Sol has the intelligence since he was a professor in the past, but unlike him, Ragna has more combat experience.

Just my thoughts on the battle, as much as I couldn't give a fuck who hates me for liking both sides

So, Sol is going to beat Ragna black and blue, but don't worry!  Someone will set up a time loop and let Ragna get his arse kicked continuously until some random chick saves his behind.   Either that, or he'll beat Sol on his own and then Justice will horn shank him from behind so she can do plot, because, when it counts, Ragna is not allowed to win on his own, ever.