Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Combos

This air combo does good damage and guarantees knockdowns, midscreen and corner: 2D, 2S, jc.K, j.D, 236D(FB), land, then either P (corner)/wait, S (midscreen), H(GMW). You gotta wait so that you are hitting them with the pogo P/pogo GMW while they're kinda low to the ground, or they might be able to tech.

I apologize,I looked around other sections of the forum,but I cannot figure out what DMG means. :(

DMG means damage.

when your opponent has high guard bar (maybe 95 percent), which happens if you do a nasty string with meteors behind you... 6HS(ch)>41236K(ch)>pull in>236D>2S(when they come back to you from the wall bounce)>2k>jc>j.k>jc>j.k>j.s>j.hs 328 dmg (tested on Sol) :3

This air combo does good damage and guarantees knockdowns, midscreen and corner:

5D, 2S, jc.K, j.D, 236D(FB), land, then either P (corner)/wait, S (midscreen), H(GMW).

You gotta wait so that you are hitting them with the pogo P/pogo GMW while they're kinda low to the ground, or they might be able to tech.

Did you mean 2D instead of 5D there? Because I don't recall 2S gattling from 5D. Actually there might be an interesting impossible dust set up with the new force break, I need to test something.

Did you mean 2D instead of 5D there? Because I don't recall 2S gattling from 5D. Actually there might be an interesting impossible dust set up with the new force break, I need to test something.

Yeah, I did...oops. Fixed.

As I saw in the chart posted in the other thread, many moves can be comboed into 5D. If it's right, Faust is too broken x_x ID/Dust combo setup easy, quick and without risks...

As I saw in the chart posted in the other thread, many moves can be comboed into 5D. If it's right, Faust is too broken x_x

ID/Dust combo setup easy, quick and without risks...

Nah, it's pretty much the same as it's been even in #R... many moves gatling to 5D, but that doesn't mean that it combos.

As I saw in the chart posted in the other thread, many moves can be comboed into 5D. If it's right, Faust is too broken x_x

ID/Dust combo setup easy, quick and without risks...

Hmm, I never imagined someone would think that way by looking at the charts. Do you guys think I should move the gatling charts to other section of the encyclopedia (so that there won't be anyone who think that all the gatlings in the charts can combo)?

nah, anyone who tries will realize it as soon as they try it once. what's good from the FB hand slap? i've been just trying normal K,j,K,j,K,S,H. i don't even know if that's good or if sometimes my opponent's slow on teching since i haven't used it enough. and i've been trying to use the FB pogo too, but wouldn't know what to follow it up with if i get a hit. on the ground i've been having fun with P,2D,2S,K,j,K,S,H and overhead possibilities in place of 2D. it seems everyone has a lot of pressure now with FBs.

Faust's hand slap force break is good. That combo that you use after it is about as best as you can do. You could also run in after the FB and do 5k,jk,s,k,js,hs or you can throw out an item. after a successful hit with the pogo FB you do pogo P, pogo S, then pogo HS. So some characters you need to hit P imediately and for some you may have to delay P so that S can hit properly afterwards.

if they are too far after the force break...since i mainly use it to crush lows...i do farslash to item

10) 178 DMG - 5.D > 8 (homing jump) > HS>HS> [s>K>P>K] JC > [K>S>HS]

Ok I have been thinking about this for awhile and every time I see this I wonder about it. I have watched tons of match vids and have yet to see any Faust actually dust someone so I might as well ask. How do you fit the first slash in on this dust. I have been doing the same basic combo for dust since slash except no slash and I have tried several times and can not figure out how you guys could get this slash in. Can anyone link me to a vid or perhaps explain?

Ok I have been thinking about this for awhile and every time I see this I wonder about it. I have watched tons of match vids and have yet to see any Faust actually dust someone so I might as well ask. How do you fit the first slash in on this dust. I have been doing the same basic combo for dust since slash except no slash and I have tried several times and can not figure out how you guys could get this slash in. Can anyone link me to a vid or perhaps explain?

I've varified this combo myself. The only issue you would have hitting the first Slash is spacing. j.S does not hit up close, so you must not be too close when the 5.D hits.

On smaller characters that this combo is harder to hit on, you have larger damage dust combos anyway. I tend to use the B&B KSK>KSHS. You just have to delay the homming jump a bit to make the slash hit a bit easier.

I've been messing around with 2.k(after first hit)2.d 2s 236S pogoS HS seems to do a decent amount if you can get them with it.

Weird, this thread seems to have 5 pages, but I can't see the 5th. EDIT : Oh shit WTF has happened? The 5th page came out after I posted. @DarthTrey : I don't think 2K-2D is a combo. Is it?

Weird, this thread seems to have 5 pages, but I can't see the 5th.

EDIT : Oh shit WTF has happened? The 5th page came out after I posted.

@DarthTrey :

I don't think 2K-2D is a combo. Is it?

Yeah I was about to get a super mod to do something about it :P

Yeah I couldn't find DarthTrey's post either until now. Anyways... yeah Wirya's right. However, DarthTrey, 2D does combo after 2K after the 3rd hit. Also I don't think anyone can be by 236S pogo after the 2S. Does your dummy in Training mode have Recovery set on? It should be on front or back. Also all of the female characters minus ABA can be hit by Pogo after a 2D. I don't think any of the males can.

2k (any hit) will combo to 2D IF the opponent is crouching, otherwise its just the third. Pretty sure this works on every character. This is useful because you can cancel the 2nd hit to reduce damage scaling from the 3rd into your sweep > B&B

2k (any hit) will combo to 2D IF the opponent is crouching, otherwise its just the third. Pretty sure this works on every character. This is useful because you can cancel the 2nd hit to reduce damage scaling from the 3rd into your sweep > B&B

yeah I usually do 2D after the first hit, I messed around with it again an you guys are right 2S doesn't combo into 236S, I've done it in random matches against the computer so I guess I just got lucky with their recovery or something.

along that note 5S© does combo after the 2S I do believe so their might be some possible set up there??

along that note 5S© does combo after the 2S I do believe so their might be some possible set up there??

c.5S doesn't gattling from 2S, and it definently doesn't link.. so.. is this a typo?

c.5S doesn't gattling from 2S, and it definently doesn't link.. so.. is this a typo?

no it was my poor memory playing tricks on me and remembering the beat counter not the actual move, its possible for them to recover and block it, so i'm dumb......:vbang:

although a 5HS does Gatling / combo(can someone please explain the difference between them can't find the definition anywhere >_< )

gatling is the type of combo that has you cancel a normal move into another normal move. most combos go by this.

link combos work as a result of completely finishing a move (without canceling it) and being able to hit with another move while the enemy is still in hit stun. slayer has a lot of these. street fighter uses these a lot too.

gatling is a guilty gear-specific name for that kind of combo. you'll recognize similar things from almost every 2D fighter, they just don't use that name.

edit:

so today i learned that 2P, 2S, 2H, 2P, 2H, item/scalpel is a great block string for both guard gauge and making space if 2P gets blocked up close.

and that 2K after a blocked 2K isn't a bad idea sometimes. they have 6 frames open, and are usually waiting for your 5H gatling anyway. more guard gauge.

also this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c502XB6KVc

While not new to GG, I never really played it a whole lot, other than getting basic gattlings down and just messing around. Recently however we've come across a larger number of people who are pretty good so I'm wanting to learn more about it (we are all playing AC of course).

Sorry if these questions sound noobish. I'm just learning to jump cancel and I'm having some difficulty with it (I use a stick if that means anything). For instance, take this combo below:

[2D>2S] JC > [K>S>K] JC > [s>HS]

I can current do [2D>2S>5k] JC > [K>S>HS]... or at least thats what I think is happening. This works a lot but I've noticed that people seem to be able to recover from it after the 5k. The same thing happens if I leave the 5k out. So I'm wondering what I could possibly be doing wrong. Do you always have to press 8 or does 9 work to jump cancel. Is there a certain time during 2S that I should push up on the stick? Should I be pressing K at the same time as 8 or immediately after?

I believe I'm having a similar problem with the standard dust combo. I notice that after pressing 5D, holding 8 or not affects the trajectory of Faust quite a lot, and I'm wondering how long you hold 8 for after hitting D I'm supposed to hold it for whilst hitting HS x2, then JC K.

I wouldn't come in and ask this sorta thing if my hand didn't already hurt trying to figure it out in training for the last couple of hours already. Any handy tips would help, then I can get to learning drill cancels. :p

Sign in to follow this