Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shoto

AC: Basic and Situational Combos

- Thread Overview -

Page 1:

- standard air combos and variations

- TK Bomber in B-Loops

Page 2:

- throw follow up combos

- thoughts on new B-Loops

- 63214S and follow up combos

Page 3:

- 63214S and follow up combos (continue)

- Problems with bomber loops

Page 4:

- TK Bomber (CH) midscreen follow up

Page 5:

- FB Bomber

- B-Loops again

Page 6:

- Combo variations after rensen [FRC]

Page 7:

- easier B-Loop variations

- meaty unblockable setups

Page 8:

- meaty unblockable setups (continue)

- dashing between B-Loop reps

- Dust combo variations

- Pro kokuugeki talk :P

Page 9:

- Pro kokuugeki talk :P (continue)

- weight class, hitbox and combos

Page 10:

- CH 3P: combos and hitconfirmation

Page 11:

- CH 3P: combos and hitconfirmation (continue)

Page 12:

- CH 3P: combos and hitconfirmation (continue)

- weird tricks with 63214S

- slide (after 63214S) into unblockable setup

Page 13:

- slide (after 63214S) into unblockable setup

- weird tricks with 63214S (continue)

- running rashousen

Page 14:

- Dizzy + Pot throw follow up combos

- FB Bomber as anti air talk

Page 15:

- Midscreen Rensen Loop (flashy combo)

- Pot B-Loop Variation

- Alternative Impossible Dust Combos

Page 16:

- Alternative Impossible Dust Combos (continue)

- Information on meaty Rashousen setups from Arcadia magazine

Page 17:

-Random stuff on dashing after an FB Bomber / follow up air combos / 3-sectional B-Loops

Page 18:

-Height and connecting SJC, j.H

Page 19:

- B-Loop Variants for more damage

Page 20:

- B-Loop Variants for more damage (continued)

Page 21:

- Koku [FRC] in air combo and its follow up options

- some more on B-Loop variants

-------------------------

-Basic and Situational Combos -

This is a list of the most useful / standard combos that have been posted in this thread (or are common knowledge).

For those new to Guilty Gear, you can find the basic notations here:

http://dustloop.com/ggac/data/conv.html

CONTENT:

0.) Common Axl specific abbreviations and terms

1.) Basic Gatling Combos

2.) Air Combo System

3.) Throw Follow Up Combos

4.) Anti Air Combos

5.) Air to Ground Combos

6.) Catch Follow Up combos

7.) Situational combos

8.) Counter Hit Combos

9.) Dust Combos

10.) 6H link combos

----------------------------

0.) Common Axl specific abbreviations and terms

rensen = [4], 6S

benten = 623S

UB or unblockable (Rashousen) = [4], 6H

Bomber = 623H while airborne

FB Bomber = 623D while airborne

TK Bomber = Bomber done as low to the ground as possible*

koku = 63214S while airborne

*go to this thread to find out about the various inputs:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2895

:eng101: If not noted otherwise

- the combo will leave the opponent grounded

- all of Axls 2hit moves will be canceld after the second hit

- the combo should connect on all charas

1.) Basic Gatling Combos

(read trough the Move Analysis and / or the Pressure thread to get an better idea what makes these variations different from one another except the damage)

a.) K, 2D, rensen

b.) 2K, 2D, rensen

c.) 5K, S©, 2D, rensen

d.) 2K, S©, 2D, rensen

e.) 3P, 2D, rensen*

f.) (5K,) 3P, 2H, 6H

If your opponent is cornered and you don't have the tension for an FRC, you can tap 2 after the rensen for extra damage

* the trick is to tap 3P for a split second, then immediately start charging back.

2.) Air Combo System

After every combo into rensen [FRC] you can continue with:

a.) run up, (6P,) S©, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, kokku (can recover)

Standard air combo

b.) run up, S©, 2S, 6K (1hit only), 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku

Try to catch the chara lower to the ground so that he won’t be able to recover until you reach him with your SJC, j.H. Does not connect on all charas in all situations (generally easier to land on the big hitbox charas) and is affected by the Player 1 Recovery bug (which hopefully will be gone with the US version of AC).

c.) run up, S©, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, 623D, air dash, j.D*, koku (can recover)

+25% tension variation

* if the hitbox of the chara is big enough and you are a bit above him you can go for j.H, j.D, koku (works against Faust or Chipp for example).

d.) run up, S©, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, 623D, air dash, j.D, Bomber, 2S, j.D, bomber, rensen, tap2

+25% tension near corner variation (still needs some checking, seems to be chara specific and is hard to do even on those charas it works on; furthermore seem to be affected by the Player 1 Recovery bug (which hopefully will be gone with the US version of AC)).

:eng101: The above variations apply to every air combo that ends in kokku, no matter from where it started.

e.) rensen [FRC], run up, [2S, JC, j.D, Bomber] x2*, rensen, tap 2 (corner only)

Standart B-Loop; start with any gatling into rensen [FRC]

against Jam you need to do a short dash after you recovered from the first Bomber or the second won't connect

*against Johnny, if you end up near enough after the second time you're able to connect the Bomber a third time (even without dashing).

:eng101: dashing in after Bombers allows you to do one more rep against some charas (not yet checked on which charas this is possible.) Neverthess this should apply to all B-Loops

:eng101: alternative Bomber Loop ender: FRC the last rensen instead of tapping 2 and follow up directly with 63214S (start charging back). Now time the Rashousen so that he will hit approximately on the first frame. As this doesn't count as combo you will get full damage again so it should be worth the tension (will be updated; till then see my post on page 16 for more info).

3.) Throw Follow Up Combos

a.) [throw], run up, 5K, 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

connects on: all charas exept Jam*

The distance you need to run up differs a bit from chara to chara. I guess for Johnny it's the shortest, for Testa the longest.

*for Jam do a short dash right after the throw (as short as possible, you just need the momentum) and go on with 5P, 2S, SJC, j.J, j.D, koku (needs some practice)

b.) [throw], short dash, 5K, 5P, 2S, 623H, 623H

connects on: all charas except Baiken, Bridget, Jam, May, Millia

Does about 10 dmg (x chara defence modifier) less, knocks down therefore

c.) [throw], 6K, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Connects on: ABA*, Axl, Bridget, Chipp, Dizzy, Faust, INO, Potemkin, SOL, Slayer, Order SOL, Zappa

More damaging and even easier to do variation of the first combo as you don't need to dash (except against ABA); heavily recommend for every listed chara (except ABA).

*need to do short dash right after throw

d.) [throw], 6K, 2S, 623H, 623H

Connects on: ABA*, Axl**, Chipp, Faust, INO, Potemkin, SOL**, Order SOL**,

The knockdown variation of the foregoing combo.

* need to do short dash right after throw

**hard to connect due to height / hitbox

e.) [throw], 5P, 2S, 6K, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Pot only

e.) [throw], [2S, JC, j. D, 623H] x2*, rensen, tap 2 (corner only)

Standard B-Loop

* x3 against Johnny

f.) [throw], 2S, JC, j.D, Bomber, TK Bomber, short dash,* 2S, JC, j.D, Bomber, rensen, tap 2 (corner only)

connects on: all charas exept ABA (couldn't do it on Jam, but could be lacking practice)

Harder to do, but more damaging variation.

* For Johnny its S©, 2S after the dash

4.) Anti Air Combos:

a.) 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Should you catch your opponent very low to the ground (like if you hit a HOS out of a jump) you will have to continue with 6K(1), 2S before doing the SJC to lift them higher.

b.) 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Use this if an airborne enemy happends to be hit by your 5P (won't connect after a long range hit). The two hits actually give you enough time to continue the combo on reaction

c.) 6K, 2S,SJC, j.H, j.D, kokku (can recover)

Since 6K is less spamable than 5P less likely to happen. Nevertheless useful in combination with UB [feint] setups.

d.) 6P, (S©,) 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku

5.) Air to Ground Combos

a.) TK Bomber, 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (near corner)

If your enemy has been cornered use the corner only follow up.

b.) TK Bomber, [2S, j.D, 623H] x2*, land, rensen, tap 2 (corner only)

Standard B-Loop

*x3 against Johnny

c.) TK Bomber, 2S, JC, j.D, Bomber, TK Bomber, short dash*, 2S, JC, j.D, Bomber, rensen, tap 2 (corner only)

connects on: all charas exept ABA (couldn't do it on Jam but could be lacking practice)

Harder to do, but more damaging variation.

* For Johnny its S©, 2S after the dash

:eng101: Of course any combo that starts with a TK Bomber can be done from a regular Bomber as well, the TK is just the more common starter.

d.) j.S, land, 5K, 2D, rensen

The second hit of j.S has to hit quite low to allow the 5K to connect and you have to be a in a certain distance so that both hits connect and you're still in reach for 5K. Nevertheless as j.S provides a good pressure opportunity even if blocked you should get yourself familiar with the right distance / timing.

e.) koku [FRC], land, 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

25% Tension. Has to be done rather near to the ground (the nearer the heavier the chara is). If you score a CH with the koku you won't even need the FRC to go on with the combo.

f.) koku [FRC], land, S©, 2S, JC, j.D, bomber, 2S, JC, bomber, rensen, tap 2 (corner only)

25% Tension. If you score a CH with the koku you won't even need the FRC.

6.) Catch Follow Up combos

a.) 214P/K, 6K*, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Against verys light charas (Baiken, Bridget, Jam, May) wait a spilt second until you follow up with the 6K

* for Johnny and Robo Ky I recommend using 5P instead of the 6K

b.) 623P (CH), (wait for wallbounce), rensen

If this happens near a corner you may even run up a bit and try something fancy (like a B-Loop).

c.) 623P, 241D, then 5P / 6K / S©** into 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

25% tension combo due to Force Break follow up

**depends on the angle they end up after the Force Break

7.) Situational combos

a.) 623S [FRC], 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, kokku (can recover)

Should work against all charas. If the 623S gets blocked start pressuring

b.) 63214S, rensen

c.) 63214S, short dash, 3P, 2S, j.D, Bomber, 2S, j.D, Bomber, rensen, tap 2 (corner only)

In this situation the 63214S will obviusly not hit as crossup.. risky starter (don't recommend going for it).

d.) (5K,) 3P, 2H, 6H [RC], 5K, 2D, 623H, 623H [or 5K, 2D, rensen if the opponent is to far away]

50% tension. Can be easily hitconfirmed thanks to the 2hits of 2H, but the RC needs quite a strict timing.

e.) j.S (against airborne opponent), (j.H,) FB Bomber, air dash, j.D, koku (can recover)

8.) Counter Hit Combos

a.) 6H (CH*), K, 2D, rensen

Follow up with an rensen FRC combo if you have the tension. If you RC the 6H the instant it hits you will even be able to combo without getting the CH (but sadly it can't be hitconfirmed).

:eng101: against about half of the cast it is possible to combo from 6H even without a CH if it is done from the right distance. To check for matchup specific setups for that distance have a look at the first post of the matchup thread

b.) 3P (CH), 5K, 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Can be hitconfirmed (but only for combo or not combo, not combo or pressure with gatling combonation [but it leaves you with the frame advantage of the 3P nevertheless]. So only try that it in situatons where a CH seems to be likely)

c.) After a whiffed rensen: tap 8 (CH on airborne opponent), run up / wait, S©, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

d.) 6H (CH on airborne opponent), run up / wait, S©, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

This CH won’t happen to often. 6H has a terrible priority, so you’re more likely to be hit out in this situation.

e.) TK Bomber (CH), dash, 6K, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Against Eddie, Ky, May, Millia and Robo-Ky use 5P instead of 6K.

f.) DAA (CH), 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Near corner this combo will even work without the CH.

9.) Dust Combos:

a.) Basic Dust Combo

5D, j.D, jD, j.K, j.S, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover)

Simply hold up to cancel out the recovery of the first two j.D, then simply go from gatling to gatling (this one works, but tell me if you come up with a better one).

b.) ID Combo

5D, j.D, j.D, Air Dash, j.D, Bomber, land, 2S, j.D, Bomber, rensen (corner only)

Hold up to jumpcancel the two j. Ds, then air dash right after you jumpcanceld the recovery of the second j.D. Wait after the air dash until the charas hitbox is slightly below you to make sure the Bomber will connect (so this part is a bit chara specific).

10.) 6H link combos

Against about half of the cast it is possible to combo from a 6H into 5K, 2D, rensen even without a CH as long as it is done from the right distance and hits them crouching. The distance in which it is possible to combo is actually between the max range for 5K to connect and doing it right next to the opponent.

Here’s a list of possible setups to help you get a feeling for the for the right distance (end them with 6H):

5H / 3P / S© / 5K, S© / 2K, S© / 5K, 3P / 5K, 5H / S©, 5H

Except against those characters marked with * (or **) the best way to do them is out of a dash or run, starting the pattern right next to the character (so the best way to incorporate that into your gameplay is either after a FRCed Rensen or after a KD with the initial attack being meaty.

Works on:

ABA*

Anji

Bridget

Baiken*: only 3P / 5H / 5K, 3P (harder then the rest) / 5K, 5H

Chipp

Eddie

Faust** (against him you can even do: 5K, S©, 5H and S(f), 5H)

INO

May*: only 5H / 3P (quite risky) / 5K, 5H

Millia

Venom*

Zappa

* If you do a single hit setup too close to the character 6H will cross him up without even hitting them.

** Since Faust has such a broad hitbox while crouching 6H will cross him up, but will still hit. Nevertheless if this happens you won’t be able to combo.

Does not work on:

Axl, Dizzy*, Jam, Johnny, Ky*, Order SOL, Potemkin, Robo-Ky*, Slayer, SOL, Testament

* If you do 6H too close it will cross them up without hitting them.

(Nevertheless this is nothing you can rely on too much as 6H is easily blocked on reaction)

Hm. I seem to be having a bit of difficulty getting the super jump down in Axl's bnb throw combo. (Throw, 5P, 2S, sj.D, Bomber/Kokuu/FB Bomber) Is the timing tricky or is it just something I need to practice more?

Why don't you do sj.HS, j.D instead? I think it's much easier and good damage as well.

On certain characters (like Sol) when I do sj, HS, D, Kokuu from a FRC rensen combo they can tech before the Kokuu, am I doing something wrong?

On certain characters (like Sol) when I do sj, HS, D, Kokuu from a FRC rensen combo they can tech before the Kokuu, am I doing something wrong?

i havent had that problem...whats ure combo exactly?? i'm doing rensen frc...6k,2s, sj hs, d kokuu....

there needs to be a AC combo thread...I'm too lazy to start one...i need 5d combos...

I'm actually doing the same FRC combo, I've been messing around with it some more and when I do a normal jc instead of a sjc the koku hits. As for dust combos I'm doing 5D, D,D, S, HS, D Koku. I noticed sometimes that downwards Axl bomber does hit occassionally if you substitute it in for Koku though.

I noticed sometimes that downwards Axl bomber does hit occassionally if you substitute it in for Koku though.

Yeah, which is sweet, since it'll often net you a bomber loop if you're in the corner.

For dust combo, try this: 5D, j.D, j.D, airdash, j.D, Axl Bomber, continue from here Also, what do you all think is the best way to followup if you land an Axl Bomber at midscreen? I happened to land this combo on Faust during a match at midscreen: 5K, c.S, 2D, Rensengeki FRC, IAD j.D, Axl Bomber I tried to 5P after it, but can't combo into 2S due to the knockback being too far. Maybe only end it with a Rensengeki for knockdown?

like i said...most of the time when i do my standard combos that end with kokku its guaranteed....my combo execution is generally bad so i dont know what u guyz problem is...

For dust combo, try this:

5D, j.D, j.D, airdash, j.D, Axl Bomber, continue from here

Also, what do you all think is the best way to followup if you land an Axl Bomber at midscreen? I happened to land this combo on Faust during a match at midscreen:

5K, c.S, 2D, Rensengeki FRC, IAD j.D, Axl Bomber

I tried to 5P after it, but can't combo into 2S due to the knockback being too far. Maybe only end it with a Rensengeki for knockdown?

havent really messed with it cuz i have trouble hitting iad j.D, bomber on most characters outside of the corner...but, with that being said...

for midscreen bomber....if i have meter i'll RC 5p to 6k, 2s/j.6p, standard combo....its not guaranteed alot of times but sometimes it is, so i do it anyway...plus i dont care about wasting meter....doesnt work on everyone though..

In corner: Rensen [FRC], 2S, j.D, Bomber, TK Bomber, smalldash 5K, 2S, j.D, Bomber, Rensen you can follow up with 2 if you want knockdown but you can leave it out for a tech trap. only tried it on May but it should work against others aswell, maybe only light charas

I like to end my throw and counter combos with 623HS -> 623HS for knockdowns instead of J.HS J.D koku. I use the air combo finish for damage but generally I prefer the knockdown. You can use the TK bomber for some awesome wakeup tactics. You can time it so that the bomber lands through the person as they are waking up or delay it a split second and it will hit them. So it puts them in a guessing game. Also if you guys land a counter (214p or k) followup with: 6k, 2s, air combo or 623HS -> 623HS or 5p, 2s, air combo or 623HS -> 623HS The 6k whiffs some characters and has a tighter window as well.

Hm. You seem to be forgetting the highly situational "Surprise TK bomber combos" The new bomber is a great overhead with very little ground recovery, and can net better b-loops and in rare cases midscreen combos from hitting with it. Also, meaty/counterhit 6H seems to have improved quite a bit if you can hit with it, and also leads into many of these variations. I've also found throw to be a viable bomber loop setup in the corner, as well as the TK Kokuu FRC. Lastly, as you all probably know, the 214P/K counter now has a lot of potential for followups, mainly combos starting from 5P, 2S.

What do you think about the new B-Loop? From what I can tell the damage is about the same as in Slash (nevertheless I have to try out Rensengekis version, hope it gives some more dmg^^) but it seems to be less chara / situation specific.. and I believe It can be learned faster (even that right now I need more practice.. connecting the j.D after the SJC needs quite some timing :P). I think today I will start a list with throw combos against all charas^^.

Here we go: (It came down to the variations that Kai already posted.. with some small additions for some charas) throw follow up combos (midscreen): a.) [throw], dash, 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover) connects on: all charas against Anji, Chipp, Dizzy, Eddie, INO you don’t need to dash against Baiken, Bridget, May and Johnny, Robo-Ky you need to do 5K, 5P Against Eddie, May, Millia the combo may be easier if startet with 5K, 5P even that it will work with 5P alone. b.) [throw], short dash, 5P, 5K, 2S, 623H, 623H (knockdown variation) connects on: all charas except Baiken, Bridget, May, Millia About 10 dmg (x chara defence modifier) less damage, knocks down therefore Against Johnny and Robo-Ky you need to do 5K,5P c.) [throw], 6K, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, koku (can recover) Connects on: ABA*, Axl, Bridget, Chipp, Dizzy, Faust, INO, Potemkin, SOL, Slayer, Order SOL, Zappa More damaging and even easier to do variation of the first combo as you don't need to dash (except against ABA); heavily recommend for every listed chara (exepct maybe ABA). *need to do short dash right after throw d.) [throw], 6K, 2S, 623H, 623H (knockdown variation) Connects on: ABA*, Axl**, Chipp, Faust, INO, Potemkin, SOL**, Order SOL**, The knockdown variation of the foregoing combo. * need to do short dash right after throw **hard to connect due to height / hitbox If you have better variations please tell me^^

Shoto: Those midscreen combos explain a lot: I was forgetting to do that dash on the first variation (Read: I didn't know that's how it was done) and that's probably why it seemed so hard. Now that I'm doing the dash, they're connecting a lot more easily. As far as the new B-loop goes, it not only seems like it's doing as much damage as in Slash, but there are also almost twice as many viable setups into it. A non-counterhit TK bomber as an overhead can lead into B-loop, as can a standard dust combo ended with a bomber, or, now that it has sliding properties, Raeisageki is a lot more viable as a setup (The variation I've been using is either Raeisageki, 2K, {2S, j.D, Bomber}-Repeat, eventually 2S, j.D, FB bomber, bomber. It also seems like you can pop them up with 5K), and combos off of throw/Tenhouseki seem to do actual damage now. Really, no setups in slash have ceased to work either, so it seems like Axl really gained a lot of options without losing any damage, which is super-awesome. Also: Pot-Only combos may not be super-powerful, but they're really funny and could be effective for stalling for time while still doing damage. Stuff like (Throw)+Short Dash+5P+2S+6K+2S+6K (One hit connects, then it's techable), or (Throw)+6K+2S+6K+2S. These could probably be stopped a little sooner or changed slightly to gain air followup options, but I haven't experimented with it too much yet.

I use this combo In corner: (jump then run)j.HS, j.D, 623H(before U landing), smalldash 5K, 2S, j.D, 623H, smalldash 2S, j.D, 623H, Rensen. Today Accent Core release in Indonesia (just PS2 no more new Arcade in Indonesia again T_T) and i just practice 3 hour with my friend. I'm confusing with new mix combo, is little different with Slash and reload. I think now to play Axel i must calm because P and 2S is 2 hit now if i do combo P,2S too fast j.D will not continue right? Hey my friend say i'm bastard cause i always use Bomber when j.D and then continue combo with that. Shoto, i have question for you. What you search for combo? Most damage or Coolest combo?

i noticed something curious, if the opp is cornered and u hit him/her with 63214S, the opp wont slide to the other side, it will slide to the same side, so you can so things like: 2K,2S, JC, j.D FB Axl Bomber, i couldnt test very well today, but its something at least. by the way, what´s the best/most damaging follow-up after Shiranami no Homura FB???

1. Yeah, 63214S slides them whatever way you hit them, which means that if it doesn't cross up, it slides them forwards. I think it'll be a more viable option to start corner combos because of the slide. What I really want to know is how well 5K or c.S->2S will pop them up for combos, since I'm fairly certain that 2K prorates a ton. 2. I'd think just standard 2S, sj.H j.D FB Bomber/Bomber/Kokuu midscreen, bomber loops in the corner. Shiranami no Homura still has them floating well over long enough to get the setup, and it looks like that stuff is going to remain Axl's most damaging combo material.

Hey all, for the sake for clarification, when we're talking about the B-loop, are we going with the new Bomber or the FB one? And does the "S just mean final repeat?

d.) rensen [FRC], S©, 2S, j.D, Bomber, "S, j.D, Bomber,...

ohh thanks, by the way, i have another doubt, after a Bomber, what´s the best follow up, lets say after a FB bomber, air dash, Bomber, you land and....? i tried to do 2S but my opp always tech before i hit him, do i have to do it faster?

Hey all, for the sake for clarification, when we're talking about the B-loop, are we going with the new Bomber or the FB one? And does the "S just mean final repeat?

d.) rensen [FRC], S©, 2S, j.D, Bomber, "S, j.D, Bomber,...

The B-loop is now with the regular bomber, which floorbounces, thus making it viable in a looping combo. Sometimes, to continue the combo longer, an FB bomber-->Regular bomber is necessary.

ohh thanks, by the way, i have another doubt, after a Bomber, what´s the best follow up, lets say after a FB bomber, air dash, Bomber, you land and....? i tried to do 2S but my opp always tech before i hit him, do i have to do it faster?

I've never run into a situation in the corner where I can't just 2S-->Continue B-Loop, unless you're doing it too slow or your combo before it is too long (in which case they get to tech faster.) If you're talking midscreen, I don't really think you can do much. I just usually go for another 5P for some meager extra damage.