Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shoto

AC: Basic and Situational Combos

Try a short dash c.S, 2S, j.D Bomber x2, Rensengeki

From a bomber? I think it knocks them far too far away to effectively run up and get a c.S in fast enough... have you tested this?

I guess you could get a short dash+5P in close enough to follow it up...

In the corner. But I was having problems connecting the 2S, because I was doing it too slow, so I used c.S,2S instead. But that made connecting j.D more difficult, so using only 2S is a better option. Nvm. So there aren't any viable midscreen bomber followups?

Hey all, for the sake for clarification, when we're talking about the B-loop, are we going with the new Bomber or the FB one? And does the "S just mean final repeat?

d.) rensen [FRC], S©, 2S, j.D, Bomber, "S, j.D, Bomber,...

ehr.. just a typing mistake *blush*.. "S should be 2S.. correted that.

Bomber is always the standard bomber, while FB Bomber is the Force Break Version and TK Bomber is the regular Bomber done low to the ground^^.

Ok, i think theres an official follow-up after a Bomber in Midscreen: CH Tk Bomber, run a bit, 6K,2S, SJ, sj.H, sj.D, Kokku/FB bomber and if near the corner, Bomber this should be pretty easy since you will be running, so all u need to do is press K, and it will hit them, i saw it in a vid too, but the TK bomber was a CH, im not very sure if they can tech after a normal bomber, gotta test it.

The normal bomber won't bounce them high enough, so you can hit the 6K only after a CH TK Bomber. And it's hard to connect the 6H (works well on characters with large hitbox i.e. Faust) or the 2S after it on some characters. So you can replace the 6K with 5P and it will work.

I could bang my head on my board.. two days I tried to do the b-loop with SJCs.. doing it with simple JC makes it so much easier.. .. and I tried the variation that Rensengeki posted.. with this the b-loop is finally much stronger from whatever starter compared to Slash…

midscreen [Throw], 6K, 2S, 6K (onehit), 2S, sjc, j.HS, j.D you can do a kokku in the end but its techable but even if its teched it still does 115 dmg on sol and 123 if they dont tech it. you could also end it with fb bomber then kokku for alittle extra dmg but i usually end it with regular bomber to get to the ground works on normal sized and with alittle changes like switch the first 6k for 5p you can do it on johnny and some other aswell and what do you mean by sj combo? like 2s sjc j.D?

CH 3P can be hitconfirmed aswell as the 6HS RC i tried to concentrate alot on confirming it, im not at all perfect at it but its doable... with some more training ill master it

[..] what do you mean by sj combo? like 2s sjc j.D?

Yes. 2S, SJC, j.D, Bomber.. harder to do and makes connecting the final rensen much harder.. can't say why I believed there had to be a SJC in the combo :( (maybe it has to be against light charas.. today I will start figuring out which loop to do against which chara)..

and I insert a note that 3P (CH) combos are confirmable^^..

I made a quick clip of Axl's bomber loop. I thought I'd post it to help Axl players see what does Bomber Loop looks like.

The combo is:

TK Bomber, 2S jD Bomber, TK Bomber, dash, 2S jD Bomber, Rensen -> Twirly Thingy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjcJ4fvskls

You gotta do Rensen -> Twirly Thingy to be able to knock them down at the end of the combo.

I made a quick clip of Axl's bomber loop. I thought I'd post it to help Axl players see what does Bomber Loop looks like.

The combo is:

You gotta do Rensen -> Twirly Thingy to be able to knock them down at the end of the combo.

For one thing, that's a badass b-loop, which I haven't tried, and now need to.

The combo is:

For one thing, that's a badass b-loop, which I haven't tried, and now need to.

Seconded O_O I just need more AC time... grah.

I dunno if this is the place to ask (the tactics thread being otherwise) but combo-wise, which do you think is preferred between 6K and 5P? The only real reason why I'm 5P in combos over 6K is 'cause my reaction is a little too slow to pull off the latter correctly (not to mention my fidgety fingers) ^_^;;

What's the best Bomber Loop in AC? I've taken to doing: - Any startup (Rensen FRC, Throw, TK Bomber), Dash in, S.c -> 2S (JC) j.D XX Axl Bomber. Is that the best one? Are there any good ones that use the Dust Axl Bomber? Also What's the best finisher for Bomber Loops in AC? I'm usually doing the loop twice, and then I dash in once more and do S.c XX S Bentengari. I'm thinking that if there's no really good finisher, I would probably just omit that part so that they'd fall cleanly without being able to tech. What do you guys think? A few other questions... Does anyone feel that, now that TK Bomber is an overhead, that there's no more use for Dust combos? It seems like TK Bomber is still faster than Dust, and starting up bomber loops off a TK Bomber does the most damage out of any startup by a pretty large amount. Any particular reasons to use the Dust Bomber besides racking in a bit of extra damage at the end of a round, or as a midscreen finisher? As for midscreen finishers, do you think that Dust Bomber is better than Kokuugeki for a midscreen finisher? Lastly, after Axl's DP+P counter XX super, what are some good tag-on combos if you hit someone out of the air?

Actually, axel, that's the match video that inspired me/gave me an idea for bomber loop and it's working very nicely on everyone. Sure, some people might need some tweaks here and there, but generally, it does work on everyone. -- "- Any startup (Rensen FRC, Throw, TK Bomber), Dash in, S.c -> 2S (JC) j.D XX Axl Bomber." I don't really like doing close S into 2S if I want to do a Bomber Loop because jumping Dust will push Axl too far for Bomber to whiff sometimes. So, if you want to start a bomber loop, just do any set up, dash in if necessary, 2S jD Bomber etc. Obviously you need to be close to the corner to pull it off. Otherwise, do other combos. Best finisher for bomber loops. Well, so far I'm finding Rensen into Twirly is a pretty good finisher. The catch is, it won't work on Sol because he will hit the ground before getting hit by Twirly thus he techs out! Another finisher is let them tech out from last bomber and tech trap them there. Go for air throw, go for 2S into another corner combo, so on. TK Bomber and dust are two different moves with same goal, overhead. Just because TK Bomber is an overhead doesn't mean dust is now obsolete. It's just another overhead opponents have to look out for. Throw in 6H and that's a lot of overheads! Although I do admit I've been using dust a lot less, but I still throw it out sometimes to catch them off guard. I've been trying to figure out the use of FB Bomber. So far it lets me combo from midscreen to corner and knock them down at that spot. I wouldn't use FB Bomber as a finisher though. You can follow up with more stuff after FB Bomber! You can connect P or 6K after counter super and continue whatever combo from there. Hope that answered most of your questions, Skankin Garbage!

I was thinking of another way to go into the Bomber loop instead of just using dash-in 2S: Rensengeki FRC, iad j.D, Axl Bomber, then the rest of the combos which CrazyDazed posted. Since the initial 2 hits from 2S are removed, maybe it will net you more damage? Can someone test it out and compare the damage? Also as I mentioned before, the iad j.D, Axl Bomber variation works on Faust at midscreen, so is it possible to finish it with Rensengeki for knockdown?

FB Bomba can be handy if you are just about midscreen and combo > rensen FRC, iad. D > FB Bomba to the corner > regular Bomba > loop. Works much better on heavies than on light characters as far as I've tested, but just got the game 2 days now. I really love the new Axl. He's not that much better compared to what many other characters got but he's just damn fun to play now.

He is damn fun and honestly just his long range being safer makes me a lot happier. He is a very annoying character. Not top tier material but I really like him in AC moreso than any other version of him.

Best finisher for bomber loops. Well, so far I'm finding Rensen into Twirly is a pretty good finisher. The catch is, it won't work on Sol because he will hit the ground before getting hit by Twirly thus he techs out! Another finisher is let them tech out from last bomber and tech trap them there. Go for air throw, go for 2S into another corner combo, so on.

Well it worked against SOL for me (at least a few times).. I believe it has something to do with distance / height, but quiet couldn't figure it out :(. (speaking of the B-Loop variation with the TK Bomber in the middle)

The combo is a bit harder than I thought, so I'll have to practice a bit more until I can say if it is possible / sensible to use certain b-loops against certain charas.. :(

EDIT: Now that I heard of the Axl specific Player 1 shortend tech-time bug I'll try it as player two.. does someone know what the bug exactely does and for which moves it aplies? (Redbeard maybe??) :(

Well it worked against SOL for me (at least a few times).. I believe it has something to do with distance / height, but quiet couldn't figure it out :(. (speaking of the B-Loop variation with the TK Bomber in the middle)

The combo is a bit harder than I thought, so I'll have to practice a bit more until I can say if it is possible / sensible to use certain b-loops against certain charas.. :(

EDIT: Now that I heard of the Axl specific Player 1 shortend tech-time bug I'll try it as player two.. does someone know what the bug exactely does and for which moves it aplies? (Redbeard maybe??) :(

Pretty sure that it was 6K.