Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shoto

AC: Basic and Situational Combos

*pokes in* Im tired, and still havnt even posted back in that evo crap thread.. So ill make this short or.. something. Note I havnt really read this thread just skimmed a few posts.. So if this isnt what your talking about then.. Ignore or something. Yes If you RC durning a super/or perhaps against a super I should say the game can take away your meter and just give you nothing even though you have meter to be able to FD. As a matter of fact its even possible to RC and die, with the FD bubble around your guy floating around while you die. I guess I would compare this to the one turn around bug with testment in XX and FD. If anyone knows what that is... I guess visualize it as that, but you have no control over it, your character just keeps FDing till there super runs out. In AC it was changed a bit. I know not everyone move works the same now. Now in some situations where this use to be possible the game will not let you RC PERIOD. You can be invinable hit a guy, still invincable. Mash buttons... No RC... Whatever. Shrug Theres also some anomalies like.... Depending on how much life you have depends if you can RC or who dies. Whatever really random stuff, and not easy to test in training mode. I really dont remember all the specifics shrug. Anyway supers have a lot of diff bugs. Obviously theres the super freeze thing, projectiles moving, being able to take away stun, changeing what your moves do, makeing it so moves "cant" stagger you. But some of it even depends on what the last move you did before the screen froze.. like really random stuff.... Anyway again I dunno if FRC or RC is diff against it if thats what you guys are posting. I dont recall ever trying FRC stuff. Just saw it worked with RC stuff... and that was good enough for me shrug....

A guess: It all has to do with the fact that the (F)RC happens, and your character only changes to neutral the next frame. RC will activate itself (take meter and produce red flash) on the frame you hit buttons, but it won't affect your character until after hitstop since your character doesn't advance to his next frame. This is easily testable if you do something like Pot 6H or Heat Extend RC right on hit, you can clearly see the red junk and the meter go away with Pot still in the attack. If the counter-FB goes active before the attacker's hitstop is over, this seems a very likely explanation. FRCs are probably much stricter, you would have to do it on the frame they FRC. For 低姿勢, I mentioned Pot Extend RC because you can actually get it so you gain back the full Extend's meter after RCing, even if you used that meter to RC in the first place...if that makes sense.

That's all fine and good, but it's definitely not specific moves.

Try Housou-ing a projectile FRC move, something like CL FRC or anything else that doesn't involve a physical hit? Now that I think of it I think it applies to all physical hits.

Edit: Watch Part 8 of 23-on-23: the last 10 seconds or so Dry Ace H Fuujins Kazuki's whiffed ice-spike and he gets hit but you see the FRC bubbles come out from from Dizzy, so... can't see much but it pertains to the topic.

well, it happens with everything that you counter at the right moment and fb. It wont work against a frc gunflame or something like it. And yeah it can be used,but need to know with who and what. And I tested it, I mean supers, u cant get the same effect. so its not the freeze animation. What im trying to do now is see if he move is delayed or it doesnt cancels at all, like doing a frc option select into a special, get it? Anyway, I been messing with other stuff, Like cross guard and i think i can get some unblockables around it. But im testing my theory with Test but if it works with him, im gonna start searching for others characters that can apply it. I have to see how I eh set it up so I can tell u and u can understand me. U know, my english suks and im not good explaining stuff. anyway u know how u can block "unblockables", 1 frame block. Well, what if u could cover that 1 frame too, that would be a true unblockable... ah u wont get it, but when i manage to pull that down, ill record it and show u.:keke:

What im trying to do now is see if he move is delayed or it doesnt cancels at all,

Like I said before, I tested it: It's definitely just delayed. See: Sol gunflame RC.

like doing a frc option select into a special, get it? Anyway, I been messing with other stuff, Like cross guard and i think i can get some unblockables around it. But im testing my theory with Test but if it works with him, im gonna start searching for others characters that can apply it. I have to see how I eh set it up so I can tell u and u can understand me. U know, my english suks and im not good explaining stuff. anyway u know how u can block "unblockables", 1 frame block. Well, what if u could cover that 1 frame too, that would be a true unblockable... ah u wont get it, but when i manage to pull that down, ill record it and show u.:keke:

Basically, that's impossible. The whole reason "unblockables" are blockable is because 2 things can't hit at once. The only true unblockables are hits which are themselves considered unblockable by the game already (throws, Faust's 63214H, etc)

Basically, that's impossible. The whole reason "unblockables" are blockable is because 2 things can't hit at once. The only true unblockables are hits which are themselves considered unblockable by the game already (throws, Faust's 63214H, etc)

Not really, let me say it like this, the idea is to force the oponnent to switch guards, and he gets hit there, if he doesnt he gets hits anyway,,, doesnt makes sense damn, how can i explain. Its not that two things hit at once, is that one is has and is going to hit.

That also doesn't really work in this game.

You're talking stuff like Urien unblockable in 3S, yeah?

dude, ill get it to work. And its not like Uriens. Its like i said, u force the oponent to switch guard direction, getting hit at the switch. Using the cross guard bug u force him to block a croos up and in the try another move will fill that space, getting hit. Is an idea but i think it might work but whatever videos do the talking.

dude, ill get it to work. And its not like Uriens. Its like i said, u force the oponent to switch guard direction, getting hit at the switch. Using the cross guard bug u force him to block a croos up and in the try another move will fill that space, getting hit. Is an idea but i think it might work but whatever videos do the talking.

I'll explain why that won't work. Anyone who knows better and is reading this, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Crossguard happens when your character is changing directions. I'm not sure if that means it works during times other than wakeup, but it definitely does work during wakeup.

The reason it breaks during the crossguard-breaking moves like airthrows is because the opponent wakes up backwards. This means they don't have a frame of leniency while turning around, because they're already facing the right direction to block something on the "wrong" side of them. This means there isn't any window during a crossup where blocking is always "wrong" (Gets hit), only one where blocking is always "right" (Successfully blocks the attack).

I'll explain why that won't work. Anyone who knows better and is reading this, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Crossguard happens when your character is changing directions. I'm not sure if that means it works during times other than wakeup, but it definitely does work during wakeup.

The reason it breaks during the crossguard-breaking moves like airthrows is because the opponent wakes up backwards. This means they don't have a frame of leniency while turning around, because they're already facing the right direction to block something on the "wrong" side of them. This means there isn't any window during a crossup where blocking is always "wrong" (Gets hit), only one where blocking is always "right" (Successfully blocks the attack).

Ill just do it, tell u how, ull test it and then.... DUUUUUDEEEE IT WORKED, AWESOME:keke:

5K, c.S, 2D, Rensen (FRC), Raiei S (FRC) [Forward-slide into corner], 6H, 5P, 2S, SJC, j.H, j.D, Bomber, Rensen, 2 (Tested on Anji) Combos in which 6H chains effectively are sexy.

On 6H-Benten link: In situations where you manage to hit with a meaty 6H, the standard link is 5K into c.S/2D, rensen FRC for a combo. However, in the corner, there's a way to get SIGNIFICANTLY more damage for the same amount of meter: Link into Benten FRC. For example: Tested v. Slayer: Meaty 6H-->Benten (FRC), j.H, j.D, Bomber, (j.D, Bomber) x2, 2S, j.D, Bomber, rensen, 2 (238 damage) Versus Meaty 6H-->K, 2D, Rensen (FRC), IAD j.D, Bomber, j.H, j.D, Bomber, 2S, j.D, Bomber, rensen, 2 (216 damage). Against some other characters, the difference is even greater, closer to a difference of 50 v. Eddie, for one.

How about the benten HS version ? Meaty JI HS -> Benten HS-> follow-> FRC-> Air Dash-> B-Loop To JI it, one would empty jump-> attack on landing. So it's unlikely to work in every situations (not enough time). I just want to know since I find Benten HS follow's FRC easier to do... But I guess on low weight characters, it won't work...

Um. That won't really work. Granted, if you meaty it perfectly, the link will technically work (I think it's 1- or possibly 2F timing,) but I don't think you can JI with an empty jump, and I don't think it'll do as much damage as a rensen FRC combo anyway.

So you don't know... Can you try it ? It's not as if it would take much time, but I don't have any game right now...