Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shoto

AC: Basic and Situational Combos

He is damn fun and honestly just his long range being safer makes me a lot happier. He is a very annoying character. Not top tier material but I really like him in AC moreso than any other version of him.

pure true man, i played him last weekend aggainst my friends, and they learned to fear axl´s long range pokes.

By the way, has anyone founded a good/damaging combo to do after Shiranami no Homura? besides the 2S combo?

Same with you Diveman, my friends say my Axel is too broken combo too all char. But now my fear just how to fight Baiken, cause it has new counter. Now i can fight chipp with my combo from 214P/K^^ I think in AC the best char is Axel Low from now ^^ (good for range and good for close)

pure true man, i played him last weekend aggainst my friends, and they learned to fear axl´s long range pokes.

By the way, has anyone founded a good/damaging combo to do after Shiranami no Homura? besides the 2S combo?

Seriously, no real reason NOT to go with the 2S combo unless you're in the corner or are looking for fancy.

OH MY GOD

I just found a cool new combo for Axl! Yay!

So far I've tried it on a few characters, it worked on Slayer, Dizzy, Axl and Anji...so probably heavy characters only! You can do this mid-screen, or even if you're almost in the corner yourself. The combo is almost full-screen. Here goes:

S©, HS, rensen FRC, run up for quite a bit, S©, 2S(2 hits), SJC j.D, Bomba, Rensen*

*Rensen will hit if the enemy ends up near the corner but because the combo is almost full-screen it will probably be the case. Timing isn't too easy but it can easily be trained. It deals 201 damage to Axl.

It is preferred over combo > rensen > 2S > air combo because:

-It can't be teched

-It brings them to the corner

-It deals more damage

-If you're close to the corner after hitting with bomba, you can go into loop.

Check it out, it's funfunfun!

That's a good example of a standard combo, and will probably prorate less than 5K, c.S, 5H or 5K, 2D, or some similar variation. The problem with it is that c.S can be hard to get in without comboing into it, as you have to be fairly close to effectively hit a c.S, and Axl gets beat a lot at that range, plus it's all mid, so it's super-easy to block. Still, it's probably one of the better variations for damage/knockdown if you're fairly certain the opponent will go for a throw, as c.S should beat most characters' HS/6HS, and can be done from more range than a throw can, if I remember correctly. Also: I think those characters are fairly average weight, what they have in common really is that their hitbox in the air is huge.

Nice! Okay, so I seem to be able to get the following wacky variant off, though it's ever-so-slightly harder than the normal ones: 5K, c.S, 5H, 2D, Rensen (FRC), run up+6K, 2S, BnB. It's not that great for damage (About the same as other variants) but much cooler looking, also: This will NOT net you a b-loop. However, you can do 5K, c.S, 5H, 2D, Rensen (FRC), run up+6K, 2S, j.H, j.D, FB Bomber, Bomber, jump and airthrow to tech punish. Tested on Testament, Jam, and Zappa so far. You can get a 1-hit Rensen FRC off of this setup, which makes the combo do more damage and seemingly makes the timing for the hits that follow the rensen more lenient. On Jam, I can't get the BnB unless I only get the first hit of the 6K.

Johnny is a bit tougher to loop if you try it the usual way. Instead I go for:

Combo > rensen FRC, S©, 2S, j.D Bomba, 2S J.D Bomba > rensen

U can do 3 loops this way from a TK bomba, but it's very tough to do iff you don't use S©.

Btw if you wanna loop Johnny after hitting with corner 63214S you must pick him up from the ground with 2K or the combo won't work.

tested on quite a few chars... (corner) 2K, cS, HS, 2D, rensen(FRC), hcb+S, TK bomber, dash, c.S, 2S, j.D, bomber, rensen(2) - flashy, fun alternative to a bomber loop that does comparable damage (midscreen) 5K, 2D, rensen(FRC), hcb+S, rensen - designed to get ppl to the corner and knocked down thats all I could come up with so far that stands out...I found a ton of others but they are just variations on shit u guys already listed. -Shag

So, because Sol is a bitch, and the regular Bomber loop into Rensen -> 2 follow-up doesn't yield knockdown, I tried some various stuff to get a KD but maximize damage. I actually landed the regular Bomber loop into Rensen -> 2 follow-up and got the KD. It did 180 flat, but I wasn't able to replicate it. So for all intents and purposes, the combo doesn't work on Sol. Here is the new one I found: [178 dmg, at wall or near wall, on SOL] 5K, 2D, Rensen (3 hits), FRC, run up, 2S (2 hits), JC, j.D, Axl Bomber, TK Bomber, HS Benten Gari, Axl Bomber Basically tried different variations given in this thread including KDX's idea of using Raieisageki after Rensen FRC, using 6K after Rensen FRC, and CrazyDazed's idea of TK Bomber mid-combo to see which one sacrificed the least damage. This combo sacrifices 2 points, with the possibility for more if you get lucky with your Rensen. Cheers.

Yay, a Sol combo! Something to try on my friend >D Using HCB+S in a combo isn't something I thought of either... gotta try these out (after finals <_<) Here's something I came up with as a bit of a tech trap/rethrow, though it's extremely simple and I don't really know what the best follow up would be. Maybe a good way to end a match in control: Throw, 5P/6K (I only tested 5P), 2HS (as soon as/before the opp. techs, so you only get the vacuum hit) -> whatever you want, rethrow, combo, etc. The thing is that it's blockable, but blockable low, so IF you did it early enough I think you could easily sneak in a TK Bomber. On either hit or block you could go into another throw provided you wait for the blockstun-delay. Even better, on hit I believe you could go into whatever combo you want, depending on if you're midscreen or corner. Application wise it's obviously not something to yield damage, but I think it's a good setup for mind games. edit: I forget that I set the tech delay to 3 frames--mostly 'cause I don't think most people pull out 0-frame techs, but I don't have much match experience so...

So, because Sol is a bitch, and the regular Bomber loop into Rensen -> 2 follow-up doesn't yield knockdown, I tried some various stuff to get a KD but maximize damage. I actually landed the regular Bomber loop into Rensen -> 2 follow-up and got the KD. It did 180 flat, but I wasn't able to replicate it. So for all intents and purposes, the combo doesn't work on Sol.

Honestly I don't had any problems connecting the rensen after a few days of practice (no matter if it's the standard and the more damage variation).. so while I think you should go with that combo if it suits you better I wouldn't say its too hard to do.

(From my point of view the real challange is to get the TK Bomber and the follow up dash right (in the more damage variation)).

edit: I forget that I set the tech delay to 3 frames--mostly 'cause I don't think most people pull out 0-frame techs, but I don't have much match experience so...

From my experience you can buffer the recovery input, means if you do it a few frames before the untechable time ends, your chara will recover on the first possible frame.. yup that means mashing works in most cases (but makes you damn predictable if done in the wrong situations)

You can buffer it? o_O News to me... I wonder how much it changes things. The thing is though that if you're mashing to tech, I'd say there's also the chance you forget to hold back on landing, and thus take the vacuum hit :D Also, I was trying it out on Faust yesterday and found out the timing is all different, because of his floatiness. You really have to make sure you get both hits on 5P.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but I saw an awesome-looking ender to the usual corner bomber loop: Rensen FRC, 63214S, MEATY UNBLOCKABLE. That can only be escaped with a reversal, right? I imagine this usually wouldn't be worth sacrificing your corner mixups for, but I think he did this to win the round. It'll earn you coolness points with anyone who's never seen it, too. =D

Damn, I was going to put that in my combo vid too ;( Yeah, the meaty unblockable does slightly better damage than the usual rensen followup, but it CAN be reversaled once people know it's coming.

Someone have a youtube vid or something for this in action? EDIT: Okay, I tried out the Rensen FRC to 63214S as B-loop ender in training mode against Ky. I got the 63214S to connect, and Ky went into sliding animation. I charged the Rashousen while doing this and delayed the input a little bit so that it would be meaty. It connected, but the thing is Ky teched out of the sliding animation, landed, then got hit by the Rashousen. Assuming this is not how it's supposed to be done, because if they can tech, they will just double jump over the Rashousen, I tried to get the Rashousen immediately after a regular 63214S at the wall, no combos before it, just Ky standing at the wall. Rashousen did not hit Ky while he was in sliding animation. So does anyone have a video of how exactly this is done?

Hit with 63214S Hold 1 for a moment... Tap 66H to do a running rashousen. The logistics behind it are that normally you can't begin to throw Rashousen while the opponent is in a downed state. This includes like when the opponent bounces during a knockdown. You will get 6H instead of Rashousen. Buuut, Ground Slide works differently because the opponent isn't considered "downed" during the actual slide, and their standup animation begins as SOON as the slide ends. This makes it so that you can toss out Rashousen as their slide is ending and it will hit them on the first frame when they get up. It does more damage than the standard Rensen followup.

(I always assumed that even after a slide you would have some kind of throw invincibility as you have it for a few frames after you get up from a normal knockdown.. should have checked) really cool stuff :yaaay:

thats sick guys. very cool....oh and about that slide combo I posted earlier...did some more testing and it doesn't work on Ky or Axl. Any character that has a funky "leaning backwards" animation as they fall won't get hit by a TK bomber during the slide because it forces their hitbox to be under the ground plane so only chars who lay flat or face forward a lil bit will be able to be combod like that. and pyre: you can buffer any move in the game, especially charges. That's how I do all my TK combos and most of my mid-screen loop setups is by buffering in dashes and jump installs everywhere... too fun. You can actually come up with some fun stuff thanks to the "lazy input" system gg has where as long as u hit every command within x amount of frames. Dashing rensen is still the best thing ever... -Shag

I tried that 63214S into meaty rashousen yesterday but couldn't pull it off.. can you explain me again how it can be done? All I get is the 6H..

I tried that 63214S into meaty rashousen yesterday but couldn't pull it off.. can you explain me again how it can be done? All I get is the 6H..

He's talking about running rashousen/rensen. The input buffer in GG is so large that you can actually start dashing for about 1-2.5 character widths before it'll count the charge time as being over, thus running forward slightly and sending out a rensen/rashousen immediately. Redbeard's trick relies on the fact that wakeup invulnerability doesn't apply when getting up from a slide, therefore rashousen will hit on the first frame after they stop sliding if done properly. When I think a 6H would be risky, but still want to do a running rashousen, I just negative edge the rashousen, so that if the rashousen fails, I can just immediately faultless out of the run, rather than getting punished for a 6H.

I think your getting me wrong.. I can't do a rashousen even that I have the charge in that situation (tried it against a dummy that ended up in the corner).. so there is no chance I will be able to do it meaty, not even that the opponent is only sliding.. :(

Ok guys some new stuff to figure out: I tried to figure out a way to land B-Loops against Jam, as the second Bomber usually whiffed as Jams hitbox seems to be very "thin". So I tried dashing after a regular Bomber and it was quite easier than I thought it sould be (and yes with that you can get the second j.D, Bomber to connect on Jam). Now I tried it against some other charas and on some you could easily add a third loop (standard B-Loop).. It's a pity I'm so low on time these days.. :( Well nevertheless I will try to figure it out the next days^^, just thought you wanted to try for yourself^^.. (for a start try against Faust, it's easy to connect on him) ..oh and one strange thing: This one seems to be easier if done after an Rensen FRC than after a throw or a TK Bomber.. since I find the "TK Bomber in the middle" variation harder to do after a rensen FRC than after a throw (i. e. usually I don't get the knockdown as the rensen won't hit) this may be a worthy variation. (oh and compared to the Combo with a TK Bomber in the middle is does about 1 dmg more, so it's not for the damage but it seems to be more practical against some charas) Oh and find me a valid loop against ABA... She seems to be able to recover earlier than other charas (well, same as in Slash, but I guess it's gameplaywise to avoid knockdowns) I've seen throw, j.D, Bomber, j.D, Bomber in a matchvid.. is that really all one can get? (oh and some smaller updates in the combo and pressure posts..)

Oh and find me a valid loop against ABA... She seems to be able to recover earlier than other charas (well, same as in Slash, but I guess it's gameplaywise to avoid knockdowns)

I've seen throw, j.D, Bomber, j.D, Bomber in a matchvid.. is that really all one can get?

(oh and some smaller updates in the combo and pressure posts..)

If there's an ABA in Berlin tomorrow, I'll test stuff on them.