Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vxstrifexv

I know how to do specials and overdrives, but can't do combos at all

Hi I'm Strife!

I played a bit of Guilty Gear XX Reload and just got xrd. This time around I am trying to master the game, but don't know where to start. I mean I beat the game on maniac, but I don't think that matters cause Ramlethal is the easiest endgame boss I've ever faced in a fighting game. So I've started Training, Challenge, and mission mode. I don't know if that's the best option or what, I'd like to have a path to progress towards being able to play online and not get wrecked  every match lol. I thought if I maybe play multiplayer a bit, I would learn a few things though it seems like that was another dead end too.

So what's the best way to git gud lol. I know getting better will take longer to progress, but I just kinda wanna be steered in the right direction so I won't be wasting any efforts.

playing ai is useless for fighting humans, except for practicing some combos, and learning game mechanics. doesn't matter how hard/cheap it is. it just is completely different. to beat AI, you figure out patterns. against humans, you play mind games.

the best bet is just play, watch a few matches, use challenge and training mode.

Hi I'm Strife!

I played a bit of Guilty Gear XX Reload and just got xrd. This time around I am trying to master the game, but don't know where to start. I mean I beat the game on maniac, but I don't think that matters cause Ramlethal is the easiest endgame boss I've ever faced in a fighting game. So I've started Training, Challenge, and mission mode. I don't know if that's the best option or what, I'd like to have a path to progress towards being able to play online and not get wrecked every match lol. I thought if I maybe play multiplayer a bit, I would learn a few things though it seems like that was another dead end too.

So what's the best way to git gud lol. I know getting better will take longer to progress, but I just kinda wanna be steered in the right direction so I won't be wasting any efforts.

Practice Challenge Mode combos until you can do them consistently without failing. Mission mode will help you get a grasp on the flow of GG. Use the character specific forums to watch videos of people playing your character and emulate the good players. The combos compiled by those forums are probably the best combo source, but they just take dedication.

Practice Challenge Mode combos until you can do them consistently without failing. Mission mode will help you get a grasp on the flow of GG. Use the character specific forums to watch videos of people playing your character and emulate the good players. The combos compiled by those forums are probably the best combo source, but they just take dedication.

This advice is great, I'm working on challenge mode right now in my path to get better. Ky is my main and I went back through the tutorial, which gave me some great ideas. My problem currently that I can't overcome, is that damn shoryuken motion. 1 out 8 times I'll connect it. I'm using a fighting stick currently too if that helps, also one thing I've been wondering is the input timing. Nothing or no one really has explained if I should be entering in commands with a "Rhythm", Super speed, Or slow speed. 

I'm loving this game so far though, getting combos and actively understanding how to counterattack is satisfying. :D

This advice is great, I'm working on challenge mode right now in my path to get better. Ky is my main and I went back through the tutorial, which gave me some great ideas. My problem currently that I can't overcome, is that damn shoryuken motion. 1 out 8 times I'll connect it. I'm using a fighting stick currently too if that helps, also one thing I've been wondering is the input timing. Nothing or no one really has explained if I should be entering in commands with a "Rhythm", Super speed, Or slow speed.

Learn to do the input slowly and methodically. You can gradually speed up the inputs as you get more comfortable. Turn on input display. If there's additional inputs besides 623 on your SRK motion, you need to clean it up.

Some situations require a fast SRK motion because the time to input the SRK adds to your reaction time basically. But you can be really slow and methodical with the input during stuff like say Sol's j.HS, which is a 2-hit move that gives you tons of time to input HS Volcanic Viper.

I'm loving this game so far though, getting combos and actively understanding how to counterattack is satisfying. :D

It only gets more fun as you get better at it, too.

Ramlethal is the easiest endgame boss I've ever faced in a fighting game.

Really? She absolutely wrecks me. The only way I can win is using my IK most of the time.

Really? She absolutely wrecks me. The only way I can win is using my IK most of the time.

well, you couldn't use your IK against I-No in X2 so that alone makes Ramlethal "easier" :P

well, you couldn't use your IK against I-No in X2 so that alone makes Ramlethal "easier" :P

That's exactly why I think she's super easy, you basically can 1 hit kill her with the instant kill move even on maniac. I-NO was a pain and so was justice, but ramlethal...I find the characters before her are harder.

I actually made this video showing how simple it is to IK her. http://youtu.be/iQWaH0ZM8Ek