Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maho

Save glitch?

Just got a pretty stange (and annoying) glitch while netplaying, so I finished a match and got stuck in the loading time before returning to the room. After a few minutes, I rebooted the console, and when I restarted the game, my save data was gone :/

Did anyone else encountered this?

Did somebody call for an exterminator?  Save corrupting bugs piss me off like you have no idea.

If you ever encounter a hang during Xrd netplay that doesn't resolve itself after 30 seconds to one minute, try pressing the XMB button.  If you can actually access the XMB, go to the PSN dropdown, press Triangle over "Account Settings", and log out.  That should remove you from the lobby without resetting the game.  If disconnecting doesn't fix the issue, try quitting out of the game.  If you can't access the XMB, pulling the Ethernet cable is probably the next best thing.  If that doesn't resolve the issue, your system is likely to be frozen or crashed (hint:  if you can still hear audio, it's a freeze, but if you can't and you have zero input or control, it's probably a crash).

It's problematic because the game saves at various points, so turning power cycling the console or ejecting the disc at the wrong time risks losing your save data.  This is why you want to try to wait, and then want to disconnect from online play first.  If that doesn't solve your problem, try a power cycle last.  Ejecting the disc might still get the game to close if the console isn't hard locked, but odds are you'll have to reset.

Oh jeez, that ain't good.  If we can find a way to reproduce this 100% we should report it to Aksys.  Or at the very least, we can report that there were X incidents of Y leading to a save corrupting issue.

A guy on a Facebook group said he has the same problem, so that makes at least three.

Oh jeez, that ain't good.  If we can find a way to reproduce this 100% we should report it to Aksys.  Or at the very least, we can report that there were X incidents of Y leading to a save corrupting issue.

When it happened, it lost all my badges, so my R-Code now looks like I stole a save or something.