mixedmethods

[P4AU] Beginner-Intermediate Player List & Match Finder

Are you a beginner or intermediate P4AU player? Would you like to find other players near your skill level? Start regular meet-ups? Find players in your region? Learn a specific match-up? Train with fellow Dustloopers? Then this is the thread for you!

I will update this post to list users, organised by time zone. If meet-ups are arranged, then I will also list them here. In giant bold text.

In order to clarify expectations, a "meet-up" is simply a designated time and date to meet and play matches. A "training room" means that the meet-up will be focused on player improvement via critique, use of online training mode (e.g., demonstrating a particular mix-up, helping another player learn a combo or confirm, practising option-selects, etc.), replay reviews, and/or answering or explaining system mechanics queries. Playing matches is a form of training, of course, but in a training lobby, the emphasis should be on developing good habits rather than playing (and winning) matches.

This thread is not related to the training lobbies I run. This is a general player database to make it easier to find and add players on PSN, start meet-ups, etc. Posters are responsible for organising sessions and dealing with disruptions. If there's a serious problem that warrants someone being removed from the list, contact me via private message.

To be added to the list, please post the following information:

PSN Username

Time Zone

Location (state or region)

Main and Sub ("undecided" is fine)

Collapsed: EST:
[table]DL UsernamePSNLocationMain & Subs

tr]

CashusWhereDeyyAtDoeGeorgiaMinazuki (main), Ken[/tr]

DracosTheEnd_27South CarolinaKen (main), Junpei, Rise

kupo_asamikupo_asamiTorontoS. Mitsuru

MeankenMeankenPhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaAigis

MechaBaphometMechaBaphometMichiganChie

MechaValKilmerPersonaV1OhioMitsuru (main), Labrys

RAL_Palladionsteel_hawkeyeTorontoAigis (main), Marie

susanocookiehours_New YorkMargaret (main), Liz, Marie, Minazuki

TheOneTrueScrubTheOneTrueScrubPennsylvaniaAdachi (main), Marie, Margaret, Yukari

zeroreduxzeroreduxKentuckyRise (main), Marie

_mk40_mkdakidd7122New YorkYosuke (main), Naoto, Aigis[/table]

Collapsed: CST:

ArisatoGodArisatoGod64HoustonNarukami, Minazuki (mains), Yosuke, S. Mitsuru, Junpei

BaconzeroBaconzeroIllinoisAkihiko (main), Junpei

CommieCanuckCommieCanuckWinnipeg (central Canada)Sho (main), Chie

DarkrushDarkrush3760Montreal, CanadaYosuke (main), Ken, Sho, Adachi

GasplessAccustomed_TexasAdachi

JormungandrXXIJormungandrXXISan Antonio, TexasS. Kanji, Kanji (mains), Chie, Marie

Kawaii_KrakenKawaii_KrakenTexasMitsuru (main), Akihiko

PeskyTheBaseballDragonPeskyEDTennesseKen (main), Yukiko, Junpei

RicktChaos_is_CuteTexasSho (main), Akihiko

RWAAnnouncerRWA AnnouncerJonesboro, ArkansasElizabeth, Adachi (mains), Naoto, S. Naoto, Minazuki

ScrawtVScrawtVermillionMiami, FloridaElizabeth, Labrys (mains), S. Narukami, S. Labrys (Ariadne), Sho, Rise

ShadeTavishShade_Tavish87KentuckyAdachi (main), Narukami, Sho

UnsafeUnblockablesJackDanielsLBFNew YorkMarie (main), Adachi, Chie

Will of FortuneKarzeonFortuneAlbamaMargaret (main), Chie[/table]

Collapsed: PST:

[table]

DL UsernamePSNLocationMain & Subs

indie_animatorjeffnevinsCalifornia (Bay Area)Teddie (main), Kanji, Labrys

JD10-DaRealistCashDaleyEastvale, CaliforniaAdachi

LUEshiLUEshi781Seattle, WashingtonMinazuki

The Magnet TechnicianDewrito_TechArizonaundecided (Margaret, Kanji, Aigis)

wnwwwyvernpaladinLos AngelesS. Naoto (main), Yukari, Minazuki

[/table]

Collapsed: Latin America:

argorokARGOROK0317Tampico, Mexico (EST)Labrys (main), Shadow Labrys

fruits_punch95fruits_punch95Costa Rica (CST)Narukami

KesacaBLACK_STAR_21Arequipa, Peru (PER)Narukami, Minazuki (mains), Yosuke, Sho

heavymeyalmixerHeavyMeet91Colombia (EST)Yosuke

LloanlakikitiHondurasNarukami (main), Elizabeth

MakioCRMakio2306San Jose, Costa Rica (EST)Mitsuru (main), Yukiko, Chie

MechanicEtna_LoverBuenos Aires, Argentina (ART/GTM-3)Labrys (main), Junpei, Adachi

Ota-MegaOta-Megane0Puerto Rico (AST)Labrys (main), Chie

roamementoroamomentoSantiago, Panama (EST)Akihiko (main), S. Yukiko

sxvermillionSxVermillionChileRise

[/table]

3rd* reply! (Bacon pls...)

PSN: Chaos_is_Cute

Timezone: CST

Main and Sub: Sho and Akihiko

Okay now I'm really going to take a nap so bye...

PSN: cookiehours_

Timezone:EST

Main: Margaret

Been messing around with Elizabeth, Marie, and P.Sho but I haven't determined a sub yet. Might go back with Liz in 2.0.

im sorry mixed but my main isnt aigis lol also wanting to organize an arranged meet up on wednesday 21st at 9:00 pm est. i need to practice getting used to cancelling

im sorry mixed but my main isnt aigis lol also wanting to organize an arranged meet up on wednesday 21st at 9:00 pm est. i need to practice getting used to cancelling

Fixed.

Do you have any specifications for this meet-up (same-region only, for example)? Are slots going to be public or private (if private, only the host can invite)? If public, what do you plan to name the room so other players can find it?

Fixed.

Do you have any specifications for this meet-up (same-region only, for example)? Are slots going to be public or private (if private, only the host can invite)? If public, what do you plan to name the room so other players can find it?

No specifications on region, it will be private my psn is zeroredux so youll have to pm me and the name will just be cancel practice

sorry about that mixed not used to this lol

I support this idea. If only P4U2 had in-game message boards or something so that newer players who don't know about Dustloop could see this. Much easier to get into this game playing people who are around your skill level than sifting through Lobby/Player Rooms.

No specifications on region, it will be private my psn is zeroredux so youll have to pm me and the name will just be cancel practice

I think that's more like a "Training room" than a "meet up".

I support this idea. If only P4U2 had in-game message boards or something so that newer players who don't know about Dustloop could see this. Much easier to get into this game playing people who are around your skill level than sifting through Lobby/Player Rooms.

I think rooms where everyone's in the same general cluster are good; even if the stronger players still consistently win, the weaker players get a chance to develop solutions, experience the joy of learning which of their moves are punishable, ask questions, etc. But, yeah, you don't want one or two people stomping over players who are brand new -- nobody really learns anything.

I've sent more people to DL than I can count. >.> And I get friend requests from players saying they've heard I run training lobbies, so that's good, I think -- not the part where it's tied to me so much as that there's some spreading awareness of "hey, there are resources available." (And then I tell those people to get on Dustloop.) To be honest, I've been meaning to make this thread for a month but I started by trying to organise all the names from the "Newbies unite" thread, which was a mess -- too many gaps, players possibly MIA, etc. Ideally, this thread will make setting up beginner and intermediate rooms much easier. And then I need to make the thread on the actual training lobby/NWTFAYD/Beginners for Good Habits so that interested members can find the rules, expectations, etc., in one place and things aren't nearly as cluttered as before.

Really, I should have done this when P4AU launched, but better late than never, I hope.

"Cancel practise" is ... really vague. I actually have no clue what you mean -- jump cancels? Gatlings (or "P-combo")? Using One More! Cancels? That's probably better addressed in the Q&A thread or in training mode. If you don't know your gatlings, you can check your character's wiki page and their frame data page, or just experiment in training. Challenge Mode also helps get you started. If you're just not comfortable with jump cancels or OMCs, you just have to lab it and then work on implementing them in a match; if it's a specific combo that's a problem, try asking in the character's subforum.

gatlings and omc

"Cancel practise" is ... really vague. I actually have no clue what you mean -- jump cancels? Gatlings (or "P-combo")? Using One More! Cancels? That's probably better addressed in the Q&A thread or in training mode. If you don't know your gatlings, you can check your character's wiki page and their frame data page, or just experiment in training. Challenge Mode also helps get you started. If you're just not comfortable with jump cancels or OMCs, you just have to lab it and then work on implementing them in a match; if it's a specific combo that's a problem, try asking in the character's subforum.

im just needing to get used to omcs but im also wanting to play other people while doing that 

Great idea, thanks.  I may have just hit low-intermediate, so this is good timing. I can't stand lag & try avoid it if possible. I only can play weekends, & don't have a mic.

PSN: jeffnevins

Main: Teddie

Subs: Kanji & Labrys

I've been playing fighting games for many years, and try to promote GFAQs & DL, so I'd be happy to help w/hosting for w.coast US if needed.

If some else besides me and fruits_punch95 wants matches with Latin American players (or with a 0 bar that doesn't look like a 0 bar :v: ), then tell me and I'll program a room for a day available to me and the others.

Edited by heavymetalmixer