Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barzorx

[P4AU] Akihiko vs Shadow Labrys

Thread to discuss Akihiko vs Shadow Labrys
Please be respectful to everyone's opinions!

List Shadow Labrys' tools, and Akihiko's answers and possibilities to them. Also an answer from Shadow Labrys' tools to Akihiko's tools. Finally give your opinion on who you think has an advantage (ie. 5-5 no one's favor, or 6-4 Akihiko's favor, or whatever).

Have fun!

-Barz

This is an interesting MU. I'd say its probably 6-4 on aki's advantage.

The entire MU is whoever gets in first wins, in a nutshell. Remember that at your disposal you can break her persona easily with 2B>214C to make it safe. Be patient. Don't roll at her mixups. If you get combo'd, don't tech in the air, neutral tech then react to the persona's command grab. 

Anti airing her is a bit hard, but you'll be fine if you learn the timing. And with her being so squishy, it'll deal a huge hunk of damage.

Her dp is faster than Labrys' so you must be careful on your offense. With that being said getting DP'd in this version isnt too bad so you've got my permission to go nuts once or twice. EX hooks will be your friends to bait these out.

On awakening you want to use 5D in case she uses titanomachia. You'll probably lose a persona card but moving shabby around with 5D screws up with her timing for different things. If at all possible, stay on the air  - and keep a good eye on how many attacks her titanomachia have stacked. If you feel threatened and have the meter for it, just maziodyne C>OMC to break her super and get in.

Whatever you do, learn to not telegraph your jump ins. As with labrys, her 2B is amazing and she can dish out some nasty damage and oki situations off of those. 

Her 2B is good indeed. Still, it has enough recovery to counter punish it with A Killrush if she wiffs. Bait it from time to time, then jump in if you see that your opponent hesitates to 2B.

I think this matchup is in shadow labrys favor and the only thing that evens it up is Akihiko's damage once he finally gets in. Shadow Labrys can get in whenever she wants, unlike Akihiko (and she doesn't really have to get in, she can keep him out easily), so I don't think it's about whoever gets in first.

Also to any Akihikos that like doing random maziodyne from half screen, she can punch super through it after the flash and Akihiko can't OMC that.