Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VTheSandmanV

Squeaky Joystick

Hey everyone!  

So I was fortunate enough to be able to get the new madcatz te2 fightstick.  great piece of hardware.  However, I've noticed that when I make a motion to the left the joystick it self squeaks.  I took it out and looked at it.  It seems that the microswitch is dusty and when pressed is causing the noise.  Does anyone have any idea of how to possibly fix this?  Also i was looking into possibly modding the joystick anway to a Hori hayabusy joystick, but it seems only compatible with the ps3.  any idea of when they might release one that would be compatible for ps4?  Thanks everyone i'm new to the forums and very excited about this community.

You can use some graphite to lubricate the switch a bit, though it'll probably stop squeaking on its own over time.  Alternatively, though a bit extreme for a squeak, you could just buy a replacement JLF switch PCB.

Hayabusa will work fine.  The controller PCB is the one that determines system compatibility.  Buttons and levers are just mechanisms to contain basic mechanical switches.  Hayabusa uses the same pin layout as a JLF, and the mounting place is JLF compatible so it would fit fine in the TE2.  Only think I don't know about is if the Hayabusa's body will clear the PCB cover.  I couldn't tell by just looking at pictures and I don't have a TE2 myself yet, but I'm fairly certain it'd fit fine.