Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Vanguard Princess

A friend and I have been having some problems with netplay. How exactly do you set it up? <_< We've both placed the lunaport folder contents into the game folder itself, but when we try to host/connect to each other, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

p.s: (I'm using the modded version of the game which doesn't require the changing of region settings, while my friend is using the original version. Would that cause any problems?)

I'm not sure either, but it should work. He actually essentially renamed every file by hand, so it could be the connection settings. :gonk:

I'm not sure either, but it should work. He actually essentially renamed every file by hand, so it could be the connection settings. :gonk:

Thanks for the reply. Do you have to rename all the files in the game folder in order for netplay to work? Right now all the text looks like gibberish.

I'm getting ready to download and check into the game, and was mainly just curious if the game was ridiculously broken or whatnot in anyway?

Thanks for the reply. Do you have to rename all the files in the game folder in order for netplay to work? Right now all the text looks like gibberish.

No, don't change the names. That was Saikyou renaming the files. I don't think it will still work if you change the names of the files.:gonk: Lunaport should still recognize the game. It hasn't been reported to be a problem with the Version 1.01 fix yet, but if something does come up I'll tell you when it does. Actually, I can't get Lunaport to work either. :psyduck:

I'm getting ready to download and check into the game, and was mainly just curious if the game was ridiculously broken or whatnot in anyway?

To be honest,it's nowhere broken. There are some 100% and hit restun combos, but most of them were removed with version 1.01.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=196624

This thread on the game has a lot of info and links you can check. You should try this game. Really well done, and it's in a different direction compared to other doujin fighting games.

Thanks for the info i've played around with lilith (thought i'd change it up from the usual blonde rush character) though I can't seem to find my pc controller and inputs are VERY difficult at least consistently for me anyway on a keyboard, but its a lot of fun actually:yaaay: This is my first time with a doujin game i usually just skip them, but this one had a nice polish i thought. And how do you get into practice mode exactly? I tried the p and e thing and it didn't work..

Select Vs at the main menu Select the characters When the match starts, press p and e at the same time and where on the screen said "VS mode", will change to "Practice"

Same question as Blaze; I changed the defaults when I first booted the game. And i tried what you said, still didn't work..:( Also Does it not work in the english converted version?

Actually you press p and e on the keyboard, regardless of setup. Sorry that I didn't add that.

Actually you press p and e on the keyboard, regardless of setup. Sorry that I didn't add that.

I just didn't know if changing the keyboard defaults affected it. But i have done it several times..maybe my timing sucks :keke:

You're the second person to do that. :psyduck:

really? ha

Oh...my.

If only there was a way to convert this to a console besides PC.

its possible to use a ps3 controller on a computer,though i dont know if it works for this game.ofcourse if you would rather play it on tv,HD tvs can connect to computers so you can do that as well so if a ps3 controller works its as close to console gaming as i can get anyway.

oh and another thing I'm having so trouble doing Lilith's special since i cant read the character guide aside from its buttons.can anyone tell me what exactly it is I'm supposed to connect B+C to?

its possible to use a ps3 controller on a computer,though i dont know if it works for this game.ofcourse if you would rather play it on tv,HD tvs can connect to computers so you can do that as well so if a ps3 controller works its as close to console gaming as i can get anyway.

Yep, as long as you have the right drivers for your PS3 controller it works just fine with the game. Just remember to change the button mapping as the default is a bit wonky.

oh and another thing I'm having so trouble doing Lilith's special since i cant read the character guide aside from its buttons.can anyone tell me what exactly it is I'm supposed to connect B+C to?

360 B+C

Just picked the game, running it with applocale. Except the fact i can't run decently this game,Melty Blood, Guilty Gear and others when i'm on Firefox, is awesome. I love Lilith, best grappler ever. Nao i'm going to copy the folder and modify files to play as Hilda.