Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meanken

[P4AU] Aigis Critique Thread

Originally asked this in the general P4AU forums, was recommended to move it here. I'm looking for some critique on my Aigis gameplay and advice for how I can improve. Figured I'd start a general thread for feedback so others can ask for it too if they need it, since I did not see one already made. 

Here's the vids

Was that the one where I got destroyed by that Kanji player during the second match? Ya, not my best showing to say the least lol. Always a matchup I've struggled with once he gets in close and starts those grapple combos. 

This may be a tad harsh, but:

- Your entire gameplan seems to be throwing out C Megido and praying that it hits. Not only is this punishable on block, even when it hits, you use pandora missiles for Oki. Think how much extra Orgia gauge you have to spend to boost back in every time you use the missiles.

- This follows on from the previous point, but be mindful of your orgia gauge and really try not to overheat.

- Why do you use the machine gun up close so often? When in orgia mode, you can boost cancel your normals for a high / low mixup. Using the machine gun gives very little reward on hit and leaves you with extremely limited option afterwards. Here's a simple mixup: 5B boost j.B (High option)  OR  5B Sweep (Low Option)

- When you land a hit in orgia mode, try this: 5AA j.C 236D.   It's a very basic combo with decent damage. After it hits, there's no need for the missiles, just jump straight up when you see the opponent land from the megido blast and come down with j.B. This will prevent reversal attempts from the opponent.