Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAI-X

Rise of Incarnates (AKA: EXVS for filthy gaijin)

So this game is out on Steam Early Access now, and it's following a freemium model with no package option. If you haven't heard of it before, it's EXVS in a superhero comic-inspired original universe with an all-new cast, made as a way of allowing Bamco to skirt past the Gundam license and use the EXVS engine in Western markets.

I'm told it's been significantly improved since the original closed alpha, but it still can't hold a candle to EXVS. Unfortunately I don't have a PC that can run it, though there's talk of it ending up on PS4 eventually. Is there anyone here who's played it yet and has impressions to offer?

Poorly optimized, runs like crap in the menus. In-game framerate seems ok, definitely improved over the alpha.

Miscommunication on both ends caused the default controls to be Mouse+WASD type controls which make zero sense in this type of game.

Boosts feel longer and slower than Full Boost, makes the entire game feel "floaty" and harder to control overall

Still no option for button combinations like A+B=sub, have to use separate buttons for different weapons/awakening/guard

Payment model is pretty stupid, though that's to be expected from a free to play game

Steam discussion forums are a nightmare

I haven't tried playing vs people yet and I really don't want to.

Yikes, sounds pretty lousy. I guess I shouldn't have much faith that they'll have cleaned it up to EXVS levels of polish for the full release. Mouse and keyboard, seriously? Did they go as far as to implement freelook aiming?

I feel like this could have been a much more promising project if it wasn't freemium and it started with a console release, but I guess they're trying to court the MOBA kiddies, rather than the traditional fighting game crowd or overseas EXVS fans.