Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guilty_X

Is GG the Best fighting game of all time?

I read the rules and I have no reason to believe this thread is in violation of any of the rules. It's a valid question that needs to be asked.

Is GG the best fighting game ever created, and if so why?

I haven't played much Xrd. I'm talking specifically about Accent Core + and +R and even reload which are the games I've played the most.

Accent Core is the better game. The engine in +R is amazing, and ability/skill is such a massive component in the game, more than any other fighter I've played. If you don't know what you're doing, you can't win, no exceptions.

The game is insanely balanced. Learning a character is such an involved process. It requires dedication just to be able to play the game. The game is also insanely fun and exciting to play in addition to looking and sounding far more beautiful than any other fighter created. The techincal metagame is also nothing short of amazing and a work of art.

These are just some of the reasons why GG would be the best. Maybe some of the players who are more educated on the technical side of the game can elaborate even more.

But I won't even play any other fighter (besides melee). And I'm way better at melee. I have won tournaments with melee. I'm comparably horrible at GG. But watching smash vs gg, you can tell which is the 'better' game. Melee is the type of game that anybody can just pick up and play. That's why you see all the top players basically playing with everyone. The game is insanely easy. Whereas with GG, many players just have to use one character because they're that hard to use. If you use more than one character, it's considered impressive.

I've thought about this for a very long time and every time I do I come to the same conclusion:

Yes.

I've thought about this for a very long time and every time I do I come to the same conclusion:

Yes.

It pretty much has to be.

If you look at videos of SF compared to videos of GG, it looks like SF was created by and for children under the age of 8. It just looks completely idiotic.

GG on the other hand is a work of art, and watching it is just amazing. It also moves at a faster pace, and takes skill just to follow it!

The sad part is GG was created by and for people of a higher level of functioning which is also why things like FRCs are incorporated into the game.

I'd also like to add in that GG has by far the best characters, and music, of any FG. That's pretty hard to argue.

Someone needs to ask this question on gamefaq's Blazblue forum.There's a lot of folks who hate GG with passion that they go into other fg board and lied about GG to make it look bad.

It would have at least 5 pages of flame war.

it really depends on which release you're talking about.  Every gg has its problems.  

In the current version, the hitstop and general flow of the game really bothers me.  It feels chunky and segmented.  

+r felt a little homogonized, everybody has all the right tools for every situation.  

AC gave everybody meterless loops and options that were always the best in a given situation, it also felt homogenized.  

I never got a chance to play slash, but from what I've seen it's always looked like ggac if all the chars were designed by people who mained them in reload.  

#reload had biteloops and other obvious oversights.

I never played XX

X had FDC infinites/touch of death combos

No fighting game is truly perfect, but I do think that guilty gear offers the best chance at a competitive fighting game with a balanced roster, of which every character has the potential to be tournament viable.  Every character was designed (at least initially) to fill a unique role.  There is generally very little outright BS and for a game of its depth, the bugs are astoundingly sparse.  It's easily the game I'm most excited to get some time into, but I'd be lying if I said I liked how long some of the bread & butter combos tend to be.

Someone needs to ask this question on gamefaq's Blazblue forum.There's a lot of folks who hate GG with passion that they go into other fg board and lied about GG to make it look bad.

It would have at least 5 pages of flame war.

I might go check that out, lol.

I don't like BB very much. IMO it's just a watered down/slowed down GG. Since IMO GG is better in all aspects, I see no value in BB at all.

No fighting game is truly perfect, but I do think that guilty gear offers the best chance at a competitive fighting game with a balanced roster, of which every character has the potential to be tournament viable.  Every character was designed (at least initially) to fill a unique role.  There is generally very little outright BS and for a game of its depth, the bugs are astoundingly sparse.  It's easily the game I'm most excited to get some time into, but I'd be lying if I said I liked how long some of the bread & butter combos tend to be.

This is pretty much what I was getting at

GG accomplishes all those things which are some of the hardest things for a fighter to accomplish. These are things that pretty much any other fighter lacks.

Watching it is also art in motion.

The bread and butter combos are long and oftentimes deal extreme damage but one of the great things about GG is that it's not over until it's over. Can't say that for all the fighters. So if someone just deals intense damage, all it takes is for you to get back in an offensive position and you can easily tie it up if you play correctly. There's no random luck component in GG, only skill.

AC+R yes

Pre - AC+R installments no, but getting there

Xrd no, but may get there one day

While AC+R is underexplored compared to AC+, which was already amazing, I felt like there was much lesser tier disparity in +R. Other than that, I'd have to write a dissertation on why GG is the best and I don't feel like it, so... I'll just write this - awesome meter management, skill progression is easily noticeable, deep system, unrivaled freedom in combo/setups crafting, unique characters, cool SP content.

Also it had Testament. Fuck Xrd for not having Testament. (It's still cool though)

Such a subjective response with no factual answer. Not sure if you are looking for a specific answer or topic to be discussed like, this is our opinion or do we believe everyone in the world with and without experience with fighting games were to try it, they would like it...

In my opinion, damn good game. One of the best of the best? Perhaps. The best? I doubt it. I mean its balanced and fun but these are subjective terms, not everyone will think the same as me, relying on multitudes of data, some may have limited info or base their responses on emotion and experiences. So while I can say that I think this game is really, really good, I could never turn this into a 100% fact for everyone to agree.

Given the forum name is "dustloop", I'm sure there is a hell of a bunch of almost cult-like followers on this forum who would mostly agree that this game is top notch, but once we step outside this realm, opinions will scatter like cockroaches at the sound of footsteps.

This thread title reminds me of promises of a very controversial news article.

Are we being democratic or egoistic?

For the first,

The best fighting game is the one everyone liked the most, which means mostly what got CREAM$$bill ya'll + popularity.

The second best is the one people actually judged on a fair scale.

And the one that was generally okay is the one no one cares to discuss about but won't try to diss either.

So basically,

Street Fighter

WTVIDK

KOF

I guess.

If I'm supposed to reply based on ego (and you're gonna love this one)

Then it's

Anything but Street Fighter

Probably something Japanese

Smash Bros Brawl (Not Melee, and definitely not that mod that isn't official)

In the current version, the hitstop and general flow of the game really bothers me.  It feels chunky and segmented.  

Yeah,I hope the next revision somehow fix this problem.

GG has series made a lot of foundation that has been adopted and improve on. Its a main stream game that I can care about.  I'l put guilty gear series in my top ten fighting game. 

how ever I can't call it the best when I think certain game does it better.

Guilty gear is better version of the main stream because how character are design and the mechanics offered. How ever I feel few other game improved on this foundation and developed them selves to be more dynamic.

This is ridiculous. If it weren't for SF, GG wouldn't even exist. Consider how smart this is, that you think your game is the best, and you think everyone should play it, but your way of convincing people of this viewpoint is to diss other games. If I were a SF player, I'd take one look at this thread and think "what a fucking childish scrub, you probably suck ass at SF."

Please grow up. Your favorite game != the best game. Just play what you like and leave subjective topics like this alone.

This thread smells like bait.

It's weird, really: if the OP wanted to troll for responses, he picked the worst place on the Internet for that. As it is, he's mostly preaching to the choir. My best guess at the reason behind this thread is that someone actually challenged the notion that GG is the best, and now OP wants to confirm it by appealing to the people (or to the authorities, depending on your point of view). In any case, I see no way this thread can lead to anything productive.

This isn't directly against the rules, but it violates an unwritten one of "don't compare games because it leads to arguments about nothing."

Sorry

Edit: Also if a topic is bad or you guys think something is silly, don't call other users names or be mean. Hit the report button or PM me please.