Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJPlace

which OU fighter is simple to learn.

i feel like i need to know. cause i want to get into to one of them. i'm very decent at AH3:LM but no every plays that has much. but that's not the point of the topic or the game i'm talking about.

i'm talking about BB:CP P4A:U GG:XRD. which is very simple to learn i know who i want to main. i kinda watched a video on Faust (for GG:XRD) for a minute on youtube. (but it was 30 minutes long...)

also should i only focus on playing one fighter once i pick one?

i don't combo very well. i just kinda don't see the point into in... i mean i like to Poke. gotta love the Poke. HELL everyone loves to Poke LOL. so yeah...

let me know i guess. 

Character wise, I'd say Terumi for BBCP, Faust for Xrd, and maybe Yu for P4U, but in the end it all comes down to preference. 

As a side note, there's already a thread for questions like these....

Overused

I guess he was referring to non-poverty anime?

HAHA JOKES ON YOU ALL ANIME IS POVERTY.

Is that what it means?  Man, pick the poster child and have fun.

/thread

I never thought I'd see the day where playing Guilty Gear in the FGC would make me a metaslave. I thought that's what Street Fighter is for.

I'm going to go drown my sorrows on netplay with a 6-pack of Pabst now.

Metaslave? What are talking about

It's a word I use for people who just play whatever is popular, be it characters in a game or following a particular trend. They don't know why, they just do it because it's popular rather than thinking for themselves. I was being cheeky since GG has a reputation of being rather niche compared to a lot of other 2D/anime fighters.

In seriousness though, the levels of difficulty for the 3 games tend to be, easiest to hardest, P4 > BB > GG. Just be careful when learning Persona 4, it has a habit of teaching beginners bad habits that they get blown up for in BB or GG. 

It's a word I use for people who just play whatever is popular, be it characters in a game or following a particular trend. They don't know why, they just do it because it's popular rather than thinking for themselves. I was being cheeky since GG has a reputation of being rather niche compared to a lot of other 2D/anime fighters.

In seriousness though, the levels of difficulty for the 3 games tend to be, easiest to hardest, P4 > BB > GG. Just be careful when learning Persona 4, it has a habit of teaching beginners bad habits that they get blown up for in BB or GG. 

the auto combo habits?

Just be careful when learning Persona 4, it has a habit of teaching beginners bad habits that they get blown up for in BB or GG.

Nah man it's fine, you just need t- UNIVERSAL GUARD POINT OVERHEAD *air horns*

the auto combo habits?

P4U is a very "wild" game for the lack of a better term. You can "rob" people of games since the damage is incredibly high off of a lot of confirms and some people would argue that the game is RPS heavy in many situations. For example, Narukami can combo off of CH DP and get hilarious damage (you can even do an easy unoptimal combo for 5.5-6k lol). There's also the infamous Persona Special where even if you bait and block the opponent's DP, they can cancel it into a reversal (and even if you block that they can rapid cancel it for another 50 meter anyway) and get like 3k damage on you. I mean, sometimes you just never stop rolling the dice in this game and as a result you can develop habits that only work to let you rob people in this game. 

I'm also curious as to what you mean by "auto combo habits." Do you mean just using auto combo instead of learning optimal combos or something? After seeing how awful auto combos are, I'm sure anyone would want to learn actual combos. The extra normals like 5AA are pretty convenient for hitconfirming with most characters though!

P4U is a very "wild" game for the lack of a better term. You can "rob" people of games since the damage is incredibly high off of a lot of confirms and some people would argue that the game is RPS heavy in many situations. For example, Narukami can combo off of CH DP and get hilarious damage (you can even do an easy unoptimal combo for 5.5-6k lol). There's also the infamous Persona Special where even if you bait and block the opponent's DP, they can cancel it into a reversal (and even if you block that they can rapid cancel it for another 50 meter anyway) and get like 3k damage on you. I mean, sometimes you just never stop rolling the dice in this game and as a result you can develop habits that only work to let you rob people in this game. 

I'm also curious as to what you mean by "auto combo habits." Do you mean just using auto combo instead of learning optimal combos or something? After seeing how awful auto combos are, I'm sure anyone would want to learn actual combos. The extra normals like 5AA are pretty convenient for hitconfirming with most characters though!

DP > Super is indeed retarded in this game (not every character can do it though), but don't forget that Personae can be broken cutting  the acces to a lot of important tools. IMO is the easiest of the three games and like in every FG it has a lot of retarded bullshit, but it also teaches basic and advanced stuff without having to deal so much stuff like "unneeded execution" (for most of the characters).

Second for me it is GG. Why? Because BB is so combo-centered.

DP > Super is indeed retarded in this game (not every character can do it though), but don't forget that Personae can be broken cutting  the acces to a lot of important tools. IMO is the easiest of the three games and like in every FG it has a lot of retarded bullshit, but it also teaches basic and advanced stuff without having to deal so much stuff like "unneded execution" (for most of the characters).

Second for me it is GG. Why? Because BB is so combo-centered.

What? Learning combos in BB is much easier because for the most part they all globally work. In GG you have to adjust even your BnBs for height and weight of characters. X2 has no input buffer and Xrd has a very small window for input buffers. It's not only not as forgiving as BB is, there's just more you need to know on a basic level. BB makes combos easier to learn so you can focus on learning the gimmicks and other strategic stuff that makes BB fun and complex to begin with. 

P4U is like riding a bicycle. It has wheels and you can just about go anywhere but you still have to wear a helmet. 

BB is like your first car. Like my Audi TT, it's automatic but I still have to learn how to drive it. I can't just keep holding down the pedal, I have to learn to break and parallel park and shit.

GG X2 is like a '68 Mustang GT. You gotta learn how to handle that beast and drive stick while Sammy Hagar is blaring out of your radio while you hit 100 on the Autobahn. Xrd is when your dad drags you out of the mustang because you keep grinding the goddamn stick and he has to show you how do it proper. 

My honest recommendation? Play whatever. The community for all 3 is strong, people will help you teach and learn and for the most part a lot of mechanics are interchangeable between the 3 games. Everyone you ask is going to have a bias. If you get bored after a minute from watching a how to play Faust video though, you may want to stick to P4 or BB. 

What does combo-centered actually mean? Not sure I understand.

Combos are a staple of fighting games, but their role is always a supplemental one. They're never at the center.

If it's just about time spent in training mode learning your BnBs, GG is going to force the highest minimum due to how much more character specific everything is compared to the other two.

A whole lot less so in Xrd, but still the case.

Executional difficulty, as well as general combo length also vary drastically between characters. BB ever since CP, also puts your combos on a stopwatch for better or worse, and the average execution demand is maybe a little lower than GG's too I suppose. Again character, not game dependent. All 3 have a/multiple low execution characters for people who are really bothered by that stuff.

Also, can't you, at least against a lot of the cast, just roll after blocking DPs when they have meter in Persona to prevent that? Idk. The RPS levels are a bit higher in that game by design I guess, but minimizing it is still on the player.

so i took a gander at BB:CP just to troll myself and tried Terumi and sadly i like him better then my main i use he's got sneaky moves but i can't those timings down right i have to hit the training mode gym more i guess i did play two matchs online in a lobby. i should upload them on my youtube maybe and see how much i suck!!

so i took a gander at BB:CP just to troll myself and tried Terumi and sadly i like him better then my main i use he's got sneaky moves but i can't those timings down right i have to hit the training mode gym more i guess i did play two matchs online in a lobby. i should upload them on my youtube maybe and see how much i suck!!

Remember that any  questions about your character can be asked in the subforum, so don't be afraid of asking anything.

Remember that any  questions about your character can be asked in the subforum, so don't be afraid of asking anything.

He's playing BBCP Terumi. He's a big boy now. He's gotta learn the hard facts of life on his own now...

/thread