Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pulsr

[AC] May: Combo discussion thread

Lets get it going boysssss the easy ones something something 2d, dolphin frc dash forward s, hs, vert s dolphin, s, hs, vert s dolphin. Ohk - s, hs, vert s dolphin, s, hs, vert s dolphin. iirc those are the ones that work on everyone. Lets get some creative 300 dmg combos please

2s, 2h, vert s dolphin frc, 5s, 5h, vert dolphin frc, 5s, 5h, vert dolphin frc. 241 damage tested on Sol. I realize this is basic but it's effective. Gonna start experimenting now.

On baiken off OHK s,hs, vert s dolphin, p, vert s dolphin, s, hs dolphin, p, s,hs, vert s dolphin, p, dolphin, 2p, dolphin 200~

Hey guys, My name is Kyle and I'm from Kentucky. I've been playing May for a Over a year now and have been avoiding these forums b/c I wasn't happy with the amount activity, but ALAS I shall contribute so we can get May forum KIck'n, and all you guys can score wins at tourneys. NO tension normal weights- OHK, 6HS, s dolphin, s, hs, s dolphin, 2p hs dolphin. Floaty Bitches- OHK, 6 HS, s dolphin, s, s dolphin, 2p, hs dolphin. POTTY ONLY- OHK, js, jhs, land, DELAY, S dolphin, s, HS, s dolphin, s, HS, s dolphine, 2p, HS dolphin. =) With tension- 25% ALL weight classes timing varies! OHK, 6HS, s dolphin, s, JI, HS, HS dolphin, FRC, air dash, JHS, land, NO DELAY 6HS, s dolphin. From here you wait for the air throw on front of back tech, or grounded hs or 6hs on neutral tech. ^_^ 50% Normal weight- OHK, 6HS, s dolphin, s, JI, HS, HS dolphin, FRC, air dash, JHS, land, NO DELAY 6HS, s dolphin. Frc, s, s dolphin. KNOCKDOWN! Floaty Bitches_ Don't blow 50% tension on floaty bitches, you will get ~260 with only 25% and a knockdown is allmost impossiable with that much damage. In general, Never use 2D, RR FRC for launch anymore it's no where as effective as FB H Dolphin. Don't combo into jackhound, the the damage is suck. =( unless your land an OHK while YOU are in the corner and want the damage. If you are allmost in the corner and a 5s will wiff off of an OHK just do 2s, S dolphin, 2p, s dolphin. S, HS, s dolophin loops = Ridicu-loso and lame. LAME loops do More damage than sweet awesome 6hs's and frc's and jackhounds. which makes her most damaging stuff.... boring. Any questions guys? Also there will be vid's up in about three weeks of South East Casuals of Lot's of AC players, expect to see this stuff for me than. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I PLAY ZOMBIE MAY!

It's Mecha May and she's mine! Yarg! Actually keep Mecha May. I'll stick w/ Holy Orders May, or Kuro May when I play a Kuro Ky. ---Anyway the ideal combo off 6P is pretty much the same in AC as in XX/ on girl chars (and Sol 'cause he's apparently a girl to ARCSYS when some May combos are concerned) 6P>c.S(JI)>5H>h dolphin FRC, ad j.H land 6H>h dolphin. On other standard weights it's possible to do*: 6P>c.S(JI)>5H>h dolphin FRC ad j.H land 6H>S dolphin, land 5P>h dolphin. *Only tested on Testament so far. Never really got too much alone time w/ AC as of now; most exposures were w/ a group. But yeah, there are hundreds of variations to May's combos and not many look impractical either (just the same...)

6P UPdates. Try not to be so quick on the xx/ 6p follow up Mr, quickman. In Accent Core you net 5 more damage on normal weights with a j.hs,d, j.hs, d after the air dash hs. Plus you still have opportunity to do a RR for a few more points if you NEED that kill. Also the damage will be a greater difference on the floaties (Bitches) + it is easiest to hit on them. =) the one flaw to j.hs,d, j.hs, d follow up to the air dash hs, is the last dust wiffs in the corner, so if you are in the corner, DO use the 6hs, dolphin ender. Even sweeter if you are man enough you can frc the final dolphin for MORE SWEETNESS POTENTIAL. REMEMBER ALWAYS delay between hs, s dolphin, this gives them more time to "float" and makes your s link easier. =) ALWAYS jump in-stall. It's a good habit to allways do IT, No shortcut in being the BEST May. ;) mid-screen ALL WEIGHT 6p, s, ji, hs, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs, land, jhs, d, j.hs, d, (RR if needed). Corner all weight 25% 6p, s, ji, hs, delay, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs, land, 6hs, hs dolphin. 50 % 6p, s, ji, hs,delay, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs, land, 6hs, s dolphin, frc, 5p, s dolphin~ or 6p, s, ji, hs,delay, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs, land, 6hs, hs dolphin, frc, hs dolphin On the last combo you CAN NOT frc and link j.s/j.hs/6hs. because the frc is significantly later causing less untech for us to play with and more push back before the frc. =( REMEMBER ALWAYS delay between hs, s dolphin, this gives them more time to "float" and makes your s link easier. =) ALWAYS jump in-stall. It's a good habit to allways do it, No shortcut in being the BEST May. ;) Here's the FUN Counter HIT 6p! No tension. CH6p, s, ji, hs,delay, s dolphin, link s, ji, hs, s, dolphin, 5p, s dolphin. 25% CH6p, s, ji, hs,delay, s dolphin, link s, ji, hs, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs, land, jhs, d, j.hs, d, (RR if needed). or CH6p, s, ji, hs,delay, s dolphin, link s, ji, hs, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs ,land, s dolphin, p, s, ji, hs, s dolphin. I Here by patent this relaunch! or CH6p, s, ji, hs,delay, s dolphin, link s, ji, hs, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs ,land, 6hs, hs dolphin. 50%- don't do this unless you HAVE the kill or your being cocky. CH6p, s, ji, hs,delay, s dolphin, s, ji, hs, hs dolphin, frc, air dash, j.hs ,land, 6hs, hs dolphin, frc, hs dolphin. Please be sweet guys and do this stuff, I don't want to see Reload May's anymore. Kyle~

thanks kyle good combos here *___* i think that in AC may will be my main character, *___* i will train all of your combos. man i have a question.... i usualy make this mixup since slash but..... - K, 8 S, 1D , etc - K, 8, D, eetc is little hard see is is a sweep or a normal D but i have a lo of troubles for make good Dust combos, i only make a loop with D, hs, and some other button but i see in a lot of players, like kedado or tama make somethin like D, 9HS HS 99 HS or similar i dont know the input an make a very good imposible dust, anyone know how make it? thanks

Nhur- TO be honest with you I LOVE That mix-up for offensive and defense in Reload, slash... but you lose out with it in AC. =( reload- 4k, 7s, ji, 2hs, h dolphin, frc, air dash , jk, jhs, land, hs dolphin DOUBLE DOLPHIN UPPER relaunch territory!!!! Slash - 4k, 7s, ji, 2D, h dolphin, frc, air dash , jk, jhs, land, hs dolphin DOUBLE DOLPHIN UPPER relaunch territory!!!! With AC the Initial S will give you soo much puchback that the lame loops will not work. SO you need to compensate like this. AC- 4k, 2d, FB H Dolphin, run, s, hs, delay, s dolphin, link s, hs, delay ss dolphin, link 2p, hs dolphin. This is strictly offense. with pressure in the Reload and Slash I would do, k, 7s, 1d, h dolphin, frc, Air dash while landing mix-up, This looks funny but it feels great because you roll a slow circle. =) in AC the frc is too late for this mix up and push back is harder to pressure 2d, so we compensate with pressure option of, K, 7s, 1s, FB V Hs dolphin, while landing mix-up... EASY. DON"T forget to Tick THROW A LOT! and if you are SUPa SWEET you will wiff J.RR FRC and throw an OHK like a millia player. Oh shit D follow ups! all weights! d, (9hs, hs,) 159, DELAY, hs, Land, S dolphin, link s, hs, delay, s dolphin, link 5p, hs dolphin. Points to help you land this- 1- I buffer the 9 for the first two Hs's like what is in parenthesis. 2- After the second hs, I input a super jump (like anji). 3- this super jump will help you input a Neutral and the 1 will actually do nothing. yay 4- your 3rd hs should be LATE. 5- Practice helps! All weights! D(Low), delay, slash dolphin, s, ji, hs,delay, s dolphin, link s, ji, hs, delay, s dolphin, 2p, hs dolphin. because these combo's are NO TENSION and huge TENSION BUILDERS, I would recommend frc'ing a hs hoop set on their wake-up followed by a 50/50 of a D(overhead)/D(LOW). I love this sky pirate!

well a lot of teory to learn man XDDD. i will try understand slowy in your reply X.x you have post this combo thatis your version in AC. AC- 4k, 2d, FB H Dolphin, run, s, hs, delay, s dolphin, link s, hs, delay ss dolphin, link 2p, hs dolphin. was fun because wheni was reading you i was making similar, but i starst with this.... K 8,S , S 2D fb DOLPHIN XD ... i have seen that is needed make the S, hS v sdophin very near to the ground for dont teck in the next s 2 hs. this will be my next training: K, 7s, 1s, FB V Hs dolphin, while landing mix-up... EASY. I dont understand this part sorry, J RR ? you will wiff J.RR FRC and throw an OHK like a millia player. it means the attack named Hakushu de Mukaete Kudasai? and i have seen a lot in your combos OHK means the attack named Overhead Kiss ? In madrid (the place that i from, we make a lot of grabs, maybe more that we should make LoL XD) i love airgrabs (may have the 2nd best airgrab in the game *_* drawed with ino, the best is potem T___T >_>) he have air karathrow XD XD about D followups. d, (9hs, hs,) 159, DELAY, hs... i will try to train it a lot, too X.x 159 man i hope that in pad i can make this comand XDD (i usualy play in pad >_< i am trianing with stick too) thank for all man, i am really glad for your help X.x in slash may have partiton in her charges too? like 2))) n.P 8 dolphin? have mmmm how i can say, have you played some time urien in 3rd? you can make somehting like 1))) 66 8/6 dolphin? i have tried but i can make it LoL

all weights!

d, (9hs, hs,) 159, DELAY, hs, Land, S dolphin, link s, hs, delay, s dolphin, link 5p, hs dolphin.

I'm not sure, but is '159' supposed to be a double-jump? So something like this:

5D, [8]j.H>j.H [/8] 9, j.H, land etc?

-I find it easier to do

5D, j.8H>j.8H 89, j.H, land etc.

IIRC ye olde FDC dust combos don't work too well now that j.H has more pushback

5D[8], j.H>j.H[/8], j.3H+S(FDC, well SBC but w/e), j.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin FRC, AD j.H, land 6H[2]>Up dolphin

though maybe there's a way to incorperate it? As of lately, I've been able to land it on heavy chars, but I'm open to variations.

in slash may have partiton in her charges too?

like 2))) n.P 8 dolphin?

have mmmm how i can say, have you played some time urien in 3rd? you can make somehting like 1))) 66 8/6 dolphin? i have tried but i can make it LoL

Eh, well there's never been charge partitioning in XX. That example [2]>[/2]5P>up dolphin is just input lenience.

J.RR FRC= Jumping resistive roll frc, 6323 hs frc OHK = Overhead Kiss her command throw, 63214 k, If you are abusing her ground throw you make me HAPPY. Don't air throw TOO much, you net more damage from grounded trap's with 5hs, 6p, and 6hs. Mays Charges! Charge partitioning versus Charge buffering. Third strike = charge partitioning where you can just frame "store a charge" dash, than release a charge giving you dashing flash kick or Lov. Just frame hold your first input. 4, 66, 46+button = dashing lov with REMY, I LOVE REMY! 1, 66, 28+kick button= Dashing flash kick. I LOVE REMY ! Guilty Gear= Charge buffering exist here, the game gives you a little window of opportunity to press 8 or 6 than release your dolphin, in the little window you can throw a 5 of a fast button like a P or S, or a little dash. so you can do, 1 full charged, 5p, 8s or 8hs. standing Punch, Vertical dolphin 1 full charged, 5s, 8s or 8hs. standing slash, Vertical dolphin 1 full charged, 66, 5s or5hs Dashing Horizontal dolphin. Now if you get this down well enough, you can do a crouching hit while you charge your 1. 1p, 1p, 1k, 5s, 8s/8hs. c. punch, c. punch, c. kick,standing slash, Vertical dolphin. it's really not that complicated or different, just throw a 5 or a 66 in the middle of your dolphin. Plus this isn't new because third strike his it too. Take remy and do 1 fully charged, neutral Middle kick/forward, 8 kick Standing knee into flash kick. =) I'm happy to answer any questions guys, Kyle Mr, quickman- the 159 is a way of doing your double jump while still throwing a neutral into the equation because the 15 doesn't really change anything. it helps with timing. The reason I would recommend my dust combo is because it is tensionless and still nets a BUNCH of damage while building you lots of tension. Believe me I LOVE 6hs loops, but as I said earlier their allmost pointless now with the tensionless superior damaging lame loops. s, hs, delay, s dolphin loops = Lame loops.

In 3rd i play with urien one of his bassic inputs is make one of this charge partitions (thanks for the examples i think that i understand teh diference. now I am training the mixups that you told me before K, 7s, 1s, FB V Hs dolphin, while landing mix-up... . my principal problem is that my rival sometimes jump before that i can attack him and guad in the air but is a fantastic mix up thanks *___* now i am training to make the combos with 6P S ji 2 hs vsdolphin frc is hard make well the ji X.x XDD i am training too your D folowup but is hard to make LoL thanks again for the help *__*

Testy DOES get hit by FB Jackhound off of a 2d cancel and an anti air dolphin. 1- you shouldn't be doing fb jackhound unless you miss the frc on a dolphin anti-air. 2- Jackhound will NOT destroy blood nets, 3- You should post this in the accent core discussion thread,, or maybe the questions help thread. not the COMBO thread. =) one wiffed horizontal dolphin will close the gap on you and testy while completely annhilating his fortress! just watch out for 6p... that match is fun.

Mr, quickman- the 159 is a way of doing your double jump while still throwing a neutral into the equation because the 15 doesn't really change anything. it helps with timing. The reason I would recommend my dust combo is because it is tensionless and still nets a BUNCH of damage while building you lots of tension. Believe me I LOVE 6hs loops, but as I said earlier their allmost pointless now with the tensionless superior damaging lame loops.

s, hs, delay, s dolphin loops = Lame loops.

Well my main concern is whether the double jump impossible jump combo is more or less convenient than the FDC impossible dust combo, 'cause I always did the FDC ID combos. From what little dust combo practice I got, FDC ID combo into the lame loop seems fairly hard to get right, and never landed it on light chars.

Oh and 6H loops are fun to do and watch and will never be useless for that! Well, by May standards they're fun.

I have a lot of problems making cool combos agaist sol. the best that i can make is... 1K, 1 D, DOLPHIN FB, S HS, S v.dolphin, 2p, S, HS, V h.dolphin. I am tryin improve it maken a Ji in some S8 2 hs but i cant make it now (i am training in it) anyone known some cool combo agaist sol ? thanks

it is possable to do 3 lame loops on eddie after the OHK if you get a run in on the first 5s.... weird

I am not good at May's ID yet so I was wondering what you guys do as a regular dust combo? I use D -> D, D, S, H, D jc H, D But maybe there are better options(I don't think so but you'll never know)

Nhur you have to run in pretty deep, but one can do: *** 2D FB HS-Iruka, 5S 5HS S-Iruka, 5S 5HS S-Iruka, 2P S-Iruka... And if you when I want to go for damage I do -> launcher 5S 5HS S-Iruka 5S 8 5HS 2 HS-Iruka frc airdash jHS land jHS jD jHS jD its tricky but doable (i´m pretty good at it vs Slayer atm). I´m playing around with some combovidcombos, but I´ll keep them to myself :) These combos should suffice in an match though. Oh, and if your really pro, one can loop 5S 5HS S-Iruka x2 5S 5HS HS-iruka frc dash jHS combo... thats like 331 dmg on MI from a jHS counterhit starter... for 25%tension.. ^^

Ok something that may come in handy: All the combos you guys post here involve launcher > S©> Loop Why not add A Vertical (S) dolphin before starting the loops? It deals more damage in most cases, and has vacuum which makes some combos a lot easier. For example: 2D > Jackhound > run in S©, HS, Vertical S dolphin, 2P, Vertical S dolphin > 166 DMG vs Testament Compared with this: 2D > Jaclhound > Vertical S dolphin, S©, HS, Vertical S dolphin 2P, vertical S dolphin > 181 DMG vs Testament It deals more damage AND is easier to do in most cases because you don't have to time the run-in *EDIT* After some more testing it isn't THAT great as it only really helps agains Sol, Testa, Robo Ky, Johnny and especially Millia.

new guy here, long time May player, i couldn't help to laugh at how useful 5HS is on the CH, the second she staggers someone (works midscreen or corner) run in 5S > 5HS > 2D > FB HS H.Dolphin > 5S > 5HS > HS V.Dolphin. On anyone (cept potemkin it does 194), it does 226 damage. Even works on that fatass Ky. Not hard to do at all, and the damage is stupid. atm i lack a stick so i'm having a hard time throwing in the JI after the last hit for some extra goodies.

Tthey enter 6H and after that immediately hold back, it's the same with the chains into dolphins: enter the full chain, then hold back and as the last hit comes out you press your desired direction + S/H. Can someone explain me frc vs forcebreak dolphins?