THE SERAPHIC 1

The Good, the Bad, and Ugly as Hell Baiken Matchups

::angrier face:: -KDX- Axl ::overly pissed face:: mike's ky ::i get so close then i get hit mad face:: pimpjuice eddie.....................................................................

Ill post more serious stuff later tonight or tomorrow.

*SDV*

::angrier face:: -KDX- Axl ::overly pissed face:: mike's ky ::i get so close then i get hit mad face:: pimpjuice eddie.....................................................................

Ill post more serious stuff later tonight or tomorrow.

*SDV*

whats your opinion about baiken vs ky

I would say 6-4 Ky in Reload. Ky can't be alpha countered really (assuming he knows how to poke/pressure), can throw you all day, and can punish anything with Greed sever, which Baiken can't really punish very well, especially without tension.

whats your opinion about baiken vs ky

I would say 6-4 Ky in Reload. Ky can't be alpha countered really (assuming he knows how to poke/pressure), can throw you all day, and can punish anything with Greed sever, which Baiken can't really punish very well, especially without tension.

a blocked greed sever gets owned in teh face by CH anchor counter... i'm pretty sure the matchup is in baiken's favor in #R

in slash, baiken loses for free. Ky can zone baiken all the way into the corner and gay her to death with his fireball trap that recovers before anything baiken can do. he can punish her sakura counter, her run counter, and if she goes airborne, 6p or air throw. >_<

a blocked greed sever gets owned in teh face by CH anchor counter... i'm pretty sure the matchup is in baiken's favor in #R

in slash, baiken loses for free. Ky can zone baiken all the way into the corner and gay her to death with his fireball trap that recovers before anything baiken can do. he can punish her sakura counter, her run counter, and if she goes airborne, 6p or air throw. >_<

Um have any of you played against a j.k ky? that shit will own all of your jumping attacks(although i do believe it trades with j.s) and leads to decent dmg. blocked greed sever CH anchor is good but doesnt make baiken a favorite in this match. Ky can zone and play runaway for most of the match and can block and counter counters during his rushdown.

*SDV*

Um have any of you played against a j.k ky? that shit will own all of your jumping attacks(although i do believe it trades with j.s) and leads to decent dmg. blocked greed sever CH anchor is good but doesnt make baiken a favorite in this match. Ky can zone and play runaway for most of the match and can block and counter counters during his rushdown.

*SDV*

Ky still owns baiken in #R except now in slash it just sounds worse than before but hopefully all the new stuff baiken got will hopefully make the match less stressful. 6P will stop alot of her attacks (no random IAD tatamis or run away tatamis) and if timed right will clash with the J.HS.

Seraphic just set the shit down though. He'll be focused or should be focused on zoning. GJ SDV! When I play mike I usually try to keep the match on the ground and find an opening by IBing and backdashing and what not.

Ky still owns baiken in #R except now in slash it just sounds worse than before but hopefully all the new stuff baiken got will hopefully make the match less stressful. 6P will stop alot of her attacks (no random IAD tatamis or run away tatamis) and if timed right will clash with the J.HS.

Seraphic just set the shit down though. He'll be focused or should be focused on zoning. GJ SDV! When I play mike I usually try to keep the match on the ground and find an opening by IBing and backdashing and what not.

Ibing is good but everytime i went for a backdash i got greed severed...Honestly i need to play this matchup more cause ky owns me more than he should.

What do yall do against Slayer? I beat his ass the entire match then get hit and die. Is there a safe way to stay on top of him cause i found the best strategy is to iad mat like hella and use 41236hs-2k blabla.

Ibing is good but everytime i went for a backdash i got greed severed...Honestly i need to play this matchup more cause ky owns me more than he should.

What do yall do against Slayer? I beat his ass the entire match then get hit and die. Is there a safe way to stay on top of him cause i found the best strategy is to iad mat like hella and use 41236hs-2k blabla.

I assume we're talking #r.

Ky vs. Baiken is in Ky's favor. j.k is sick air-to-air. Zone/pressure works fine against Baiken even vs. guard counters. Throws all day is t3h truth. His weight/hitbox suck too. He has to ease up a bit on some of his strings so he can react to guard cancel, but in general his offense doesn't take a big hit, and Baiken doesn't have a good way of getting in on him. Projectiles make aerial tatamis of any kind (forward dash, backward dash, any kind of jump) dangerous. 6p beats your iad anything for free.

Slayer vs. Baiken is a mixed bag ... dunno. iad mats are nice, but just a normal standing 236k stops a lot of random bullshit too. So does 5s(f). Slayer can mappa right through 41236h. Gotta be able to keep him out to win. Lay off on the air tatamis, it's too easy to get nailed by counterhit 6h/pilebunker.

I assume we're talking #r.

Ky vs. Baiken is in Ky's favor. j.k is sick air-to-air. Zone/pressure works fine against Baiken even vs. guard counters. Throws all day is t3h truth. His weight/hitbox suck too. He has to ease up a bit on some of his strings so he can react to guard cancel, but in general his offense doesn't take a big hit, and Baiken doesn't have a good way of getting in on him. Projectiles make aerial tatamis of any kind (forward dash, backward dash, any kind of jump) dangerous. 6p beats your iad anything for free.

Slayer vs. Baiken is a mixed bag ... dunno. iad mats are nice, but just a normal standing 236k stops a lot of random bullshit too. So does 5s(f). Slayer can mappa right through 41236h. Gotta be able to keep him out to win. Lay off on the air tatamis, it's too easy to get nailed by counterhit 6h/pilebunker.

i have no faith in standing T.mat...but should I?

Baiken vs. Ino id say is in baiken's favor. notes get stopped by T.mats, CL is peskky but can be 63214k through relatively safely, and you can rain j.hs-T.mats on her all freakin day^^.

There's somethin about her rushdown also that forces her into a 50/50 guessin game as to what she needs to do to not take dmg and counter effectively cant really remember it at the moment haven't played the matchup in a while but i may let yall know by fri.

i have no faith in standing T.mat...but should I?

Baiken vs. Ino id say is in baiken's favor. notes get stopped by T.mats, CL is peskky but can be 63214k through relatively safely, and you can rain j.hs-T.mats on her all freakin day^^.

There's somethin about her rushdown also that forces her into a 50/50 guessin game as to what she needs to do to not take dmg and counter effectively cant really remember it at the moment haven't played the matchup in a while but i may let yall know by fri.

you dont usually use standing tatami on its own. usually, tatami follows after a c.D, f.HS etc. So sometimes using it "alone" confuses the enemy and you'll just be surprised that they are actually hit.