Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT-CS1] Whoa. HUGE. (Litchi Basics Thread - New Players Start Here - UPDATED for CS)

Delay Hatsu after Haku. You want to let them float away a little and be at the top of the 'arc' from being hit by Haku.

Sometimes you can omit the dash too, but it's all up to judgment. I still miss IppatsuA on the skinnier characters every now and then.

Don't you mean 2c[m] itsuuA? When you dash you don't need the delay. It's only when you don't dash kote that you need to delay between haku and hatsu. And try to be deliberate in your inputs, no need to rush that much. The only time in the whole combo where you have to be fast in your execution, at least from my experience, is between itsuuA and haku. The rest is deliberate. It's actually pretty easy when you get the rhythm down.

You need to delay hatsu no matter what.

The delay is generally more extreme if you don't do dash kote.

Oh yeah right I guess you delay with the dash as well. Sorry about that. I guess I had the extreme delay w/o the dash as a benchmark. With the dash the delay is much less but yeah as LK said it's still there.

i need help lately i have been trying to do the ender with d after jc 4kote jc d 6c etc...but it work half of the time?(french speaker so be indulgent with my english..)i know most of litchi dont use that and use 3c 2d 6c....tips?

I was gonna post in French but I might get put on blast LOL

Do the 2nd jC late. You can't cheat and advance input the 5D.

Yooooo sG. I'm waiting for CS2 to add Litchi to my competitive lineup, you think it's worth the wait? I can do the intermediate/starting-advanced stuff pretty well, I'm just hesitant to start really practising her because seeing so many core changes in the loketests. Then again those things are never really completely accurate, your thoughts?

I would definitely tell you to start playing her now anyways, combos are much easier to learn than spacing, movement of your character and getting familiar with normals. Depending on your execution the combos will only take you anywhere from a couple training sessions to a week to grind in to your memory, but the aforementioned things go much deeper than just doing combos.

I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the tip.

I need help with Litchi's mission 8. After she jumps on the pole, I can't get the 'A' to connect, Bang techs out just as I land on the pole. Past challenges I figured out what to delay and what not, but I can't figure it out for this one.

First off a tip is use advance input when doing ippatsuA (hit the the button a little early and hold it).

Second, is Litchi facing the wrong way? Is the kick just simply missing due to Bang being out of range? There's a couple factors that could be causing you to drop the combo and they're related to certain delays and distance.

Try doing 63214A as soon as you possibly can after Hatsu (236B) and if that doesn't fix your problem, let me know if either question I asked you is happening.

I don't think either of those questions apply to what's going on. He's definitely teching just as I land on the staff, so I mush not be doing 63214a fast enough.

Edit: Well, maybe he might be too far, it's hard to tell, but I'm definitely not facing the wrong way.

Try starting the combo closer to Bang. Make sure you always delay between Haku (236A) and Hatsu (236B). If that doesn't work, try delaying ItsuuA after 2C[m].

I've noticed that Bang's hitbox is a little weird for this combo, as I'll drop it every now and then also.

What exactly is your problem? Make sure you clearly state it in the future so that we can help.

I think he might be looking for advice on how to control the startup direction of Matenbo during Four Winds. I know I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to make it spin horizontally during staffless j.5d. :psyduck:

(which I still don't know how to do or I would tell him)

Alright. Sleepy when I made that post, if that's what he's asking:

The move correlates between what travel path you have the mantenbou set in. There is 5D set and 2D set. Concerning Four Winds, 5D set will make it travel vertically, while 2D set will make it travel horizontally.

Moves that 2D set:

2D

j.5D

4kote (421D staffless)

Daisharin (final hit)

5D set:

5D

6D

4D

6kote (623D staffless)

j.2D

Tsubame Gaeshi

It's also known as Four Winds, so follows the placement rules that sG outlined above.