Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT-CS1] Whoa. HUGE. (Litchi Basics Thread - New Players Start Here - UPDATED for CS)

JC is Jump C... jc is Jump Cancel.

JBC is how LK denotes Jump B -> Jump C.

So when you JBC you're going to hit b then c while in the air.

so 5B 5C(2 (which means let both of the 2 hits hit, a 1 there would mean only let the first hit go) 3C [Press D] ]Release D after litchi recovers with the right timing[ instantairdash haku(236A) staff2(the hit where the staff is coming back to you, no button input) dash JumpB JumpC land Tsubame (623D) 6C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvLaLmpSOY starting at 2:57 is combos involving the 3C, that exact combo isn't in there but you'll see what the 3C [D] ]D[ timing is.

Hey guys I just started to pick up Litchi because I thought I was going to play Noel but after messing with litchi for a while I really like her instead. Anyways I've been looking on the combo thread and what the hell does the notation "JBC" mean and "JC" is it Jump C? or jump cancel? either way I still have no idea what JBC means (Junior bacon cheesburger?)

This one in particular:

5B 5C(2) 3C [D] ]D[ iad JC haku staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C~

Are there any videos showcasing something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4iH8Hw5v3Y&feature=channel

wuts a good way to get pressure off of u when u have/dont have staff?

If they are in the corner: Kote until the staff is on top of them. Play mind games.

Otherwise: Haku/Chun mixups are okay, but if one is blocked and you don't have anything to fall back on (like a flying staff), you tend to get hosed.

6A without mantenbou is ok, its cancelable on hit or block and forces the opp to crouch. as shining said, mind games and creativity are the key

6A without mantenbou is ok, its cancelable on hit or block and forces the opp to crouch.

as shining said, mind games and creativity are the key

yes its good, but remember 6a[m] isnt bad either. u can combo to it from 2B or 5B, and if u hit you can combo into hatsu. . .something. idk. i just hatsu chun for lack of a better combo / lack of followup.

yes its good, but remember 6a[m] isnt bad either. u can combo to it from 2B or 5B, and if u hit you can combo into hatsu. . .something. idk. i just hatsu chun for lack of a better combo / lack of followup.

Have you tried Haku > Chun > 5C on landing > stuff?

I haven't tried it off of 6A lead so............

Guys I'm having a specific problem with this follow-up 6C > 5C > jBC > D > Dash Cancel > jC The one that I am having a problem is with the Dash Cancel > jC. When I do it midscreen it hits but the matenbou sometimes doesn't come back at once. Also, if I do Dash Cancel > jBC the jB doesn't hit at all. Is there somethign specific I'm missing?

So I stumbled upon this corner trap that goes : Tsubame Gaeshi (to cornered opponent) -> 6C -> 5D whenever the person I'm playing has stopped bouncing -> 6C rinse and repeat. Aside from barrier bursting, is there any way out of this trap once you're in it? I've yet to have people tech out of it no matter what, and even the training dummy couldn't get out, so I'm rather curious.

So I stumbled upon this corner trap that goes : Tsubame Gaeshi (to cornered opponent) -> 6C -> 5D whenever the person I'm playing has stopped bouncing -> 6C rinse and repeat.

Aside from barrier bursting, is there any way out of this trap once you're in it? I've yet to have people tech out of it no matter what, and even the training dummy couldn't get out, so I'm rather curious.

Neutral tech, block. Should stop that.

After 623D 6C, most. Do 3C 41236D and go for a mix up off 2B or 6A.

2B 2C 6C is the low option, not sure about the 6A string, I main Rachel but started learning litchi because our local best litchi gave up on video games for personal reasons =(

Neutral tech, block. Should stop that.

After 623D 6C, most. Do 3C 41236D and go for a mix up off 2B or 6A.

They're not given a chance to tech it though. o_O The 5D hits them back up into the rodless 6C before they have a chance to tech. It also makes the combo loop. Unless you're rachel, I can't seem to land this possible loop on her at all, but everyone else it works just fine on.

Edit : @ Gwyrgyn Blood : Don't get me wrong, I do want to believe you. I just don't understand it. Doesn't the training dummy tech everything ASAP if it's set to do so?

If they are in the corner: Kote until the staff is on top of them. Play mind games.

Otherwise: Haku/Chun mixups are okay, but if one is blocked and you don't have anything to fall back on (like a flying staff), you tend to get hosed.

Wait... Kote under pressure? What good would that possibly do?

Wait... Kote under pressure? What good would that possibly do?

My mistake, I misread. I thought the initial post said "What to do to make pressure".

Let's try this again.

With staff: IB --> Tsubame. Heck, don't even need the IB sometimes.

You could also be risky and go for that Itsuu --> Autoguard a hit --> C followup --> combo

Without staff: Haku or hatsu if you want to be bold / Barrier blocking / Barrier burst / Cry

They're not given a chance to tech it though. o_O The 5D hits them back up into the rodless 6C before they have a chance to tech. It also makes the combo loop. Unless you're rachel, I can't seem to land this possible loop on her at all, but everyone else it works just fine on.

Edit : @ Gwyrgyn Blood : Don't get me wrong, I do want to believe you. I just don't understand it. Doesn't the training dummy tech everything ASAP if it's set to do so?

It's not an infinite loop, you can do it a few times depending on how you got into the combo... I don't think you can ever really do it more than 2 or 3 times without them getting a tech, and if you do most of her combos that end with 6c Tsubame 6c in the corner they can generally tech out on the first one, it's better to just set up the ukemi and reset the combo meter to do more damage.

assuming you had the training dummy set to tech, that is a basic tech trap, but it is definately not an infinite combo. you can look up litchis tech traps, and in a sense those are infinite combos because its hard to get out of, and when they do (neutral) you get a blockstring and u can go for the mixup.

Err... then why do the comps not even make the tech noise? I tested this more, and even when the comps are gettiing up, they make their "stand up" grunt/phrase, not their "tech" grunt/phrase.

Ex : When Noel is getting up she'll say "Not yet" as opposed to "(something along the lines of juut")

Since this tech trap forces a standard stand-up as opposed to a tech, I don't see how it's techable. Also, the combo meter resets whenever you 5D.

I do agree that depending on how you get into it, you might be able to get it off no more than 2 or 3 times but for now I'm just talking maybe 5B straight into tsubame in the corner then proceeding from there.

Anyway, enough about that. I'll just write it off as a basic tech trap.

New question : How important is getting a fight stick for litchi? I know on some characters of the harder characters it's pretty much a must, but I'm not sure where litchi stands as far as that goes.

the combo does not force a "standard stand up" it forces a neutral tech. its just a trap so when they do roll your 5D staff is hitting them as they roll. if you set dummy to neutral tech, the should eventually get out of it sooner or later and return to a neutral state; or get up and block your string.

and about the stick, i can play on a 360 controller just fine, but a stick always makes things easier. at least for me IAD and corner traps are easier on stick.

It's ground untechable by BB standards. That means they can't tech the moment they hit the ground, they have to wait a certain amount of frames.

Ugh, I can't get haku > Chun > 5B > jc > JB > JC > kote > f.JC > 5D > .... combo to work. What am I doing wrong? Anyway, after about an hour I still can't get the timing for 5D. I did it 3 or 4 times. It either comes out much too slow, or (If i'm mashing D) doesn't come out at all. Are there any visual/audio clues that can help me with the timing?

First, who are you doing it on? Second, you can't cheat the 5D. You just have to learn the timing.

I'm doing it on Ragna, and i know it should work. So should I be hitting 5D the moment I hit the ground? Do you guys use it more than the JB > jc > JC > JD > f.JC? When I see japanese Litchi's they tend to do the JC > Kote > JC bit instead.