Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devdan

[CT-CS2] Carl vs. Jin

Sorry if this has been covered already, but search isn't doing me any good. What's the best way to punish Jin's ice car? Is there any good, guaranteed option for Carl? I'm always seeing people say how easy it is to punish on block, but not for me. Everything seems too slow, or doesn't have enough range,

Ok, this matchup is really starting to get on my nerves A few of Jin's strings seem unpunishable afterblock such as: 6C,D, 214D or 2C, D, 214D I keep trying to punish after the 6C or the 2C, I get hit with the D If I try to punish off the D, I get hit by 214D If I wait until 214D, sometimes they just throw instead. Question is, what are some good punish Carl has against Jin? I'm dying to know!!

Sorry if this has been covered already, but search isn't doing me any good.

What's the best way to punish Jin's ice car? Is there any good, guaranteed option for Carl? I'm always seeing people say how easy it is to punish on block, but not for me. Everything seems too slow, or doesn't have enough range,

For Jin's B or C ice car, the second hit is inevitable. After blocking the first hit, Instant Block the second hit. Your block stun then becomes short enough that you may punish with anything in your arsenal.

For Jin's A ice car, I don't know. I don't feel like looking up frame data.

After the Ice cars. If it isn't the A version I usually just use 2A and hope he's in range. Usually works out for me. From there I go into 5cB 5C 6D if Nirvana is close. IF she isn't I'd go into 5cB 5fB 623C into air combo. It helps if you instant block the the second hit. Although I don't know if the D version is safe on block or not.

ok this matchup is seriously starting to piss me off. I can punish ice car now but more serious Jin players will spam something different...the drive button I don't know what to use to punish Jin's 5D5D5D I can't airdash because it's anti air it's completely safe against nirvana because it's a fast poke with fast recovery any tips?

Patience & Nirvana AutoGuard attacks. Try 4]D[ or 623]D[ or block.

I don't know what to use to punish Jin's 5D5D5D

any tips?

*shrugs* jump backwards to make it whiff and low airdash in? its no punish but if your really that clueless and letting them get away with millions of them on you. If your wanting a true punish you could probably 'trade' with a 632146c but its a 20f move so do it if you can react fast enough. Nirvana can do things about this but i'm assuming your meaning just with carl right?

Anyways, is there a visual/audible way of differentiating between A/B/C ice cars? If its something obvious that I missed forgive me lol.

My new problem is Jin's ice car-ing to safety every time I get Nirvana near them. Should I be jumping, and blocking their ice car in air? That's all I can think of. Jin is so much easier to play in lag than Carl...

Very often, when Jin ice-cars across the screen Nirvana would be standing infront of me to act as a meatshield. If you're standing just in the right position, you can punish him with 5C and then probably 6D and then you could get something started from there.

Well I sometimes end up catching them with block in the air when the aerial ice car. If they follow up with the second hit, you'll probably be able to punish as soon as you hit the ground.

I found that safe opener. Backdash, once you pass Nirvana activate her and walk toward. If Jin did IceCar, Nirvana tanks hit and you get CH 5C combo. If Jin Airdashes you get CH 6A, 8D combo. This is also effective against Ragna.

Ice car sucks. The most common thing I see Jins do is ice car>grab/5 or 2D/Ice projectile. Sometimes, after hitting me with their ice car, they mash C. If I back dash, ice car. If I sit there and try to soak up the damage, eventual guard crush. If I jump in the air, they hover underneath me and then send a projectile up in the air to keep me from jumping and ice car again(suprise). Sometimes 5/6B or 5C hits them but they seem to either move away from Carl's range or block. Vicace would work if I didn't keep rolling into them...=_=;; Jin gives me nightmares...

Your playing against terrible Jins. If you block/IB ice car you can punish with 2b > 3c > 22]d[ > 236a (or IAD 2c alle~can) > loop. Once you start doing loops the stupidity stops.... that is if the lag doesn't screw up the timing of your IB or punish or loop. Also, fuck online lag (that shit gives me far worse nightmares than anything in BB combined). My guess is these Jin's wont adapt and you'll never lose to a single scrubby one ever again.

I can not consistently get 2B after the IB of IceCar. I often get 2A. =/ IB IceCars on-line is frustrating!

When Jin jumps in the air and uses ice car, do I counter with allegretto or j.B? Oh and another thing...Ada seems to always die because she acts as my meat shield for ice car. I need to stop that...=_=;;

IB Ice car in the air to punish. For Jin's block string IB his 5C, Jump IB his 5D: Carl get's CH airdash J.A, J.B, land...whatever combo.

What special move is Jin going to go into on block? Ice Car- If your against a Jin who's pressuring Ice Car you've already won. Shoryu- Even beginner level Jin's don't pressure this. Fireball- I've got a hunch you'll get the CH or go over it. Needs testing.

623a your jump so you have to FD it. Jins love to do this to carl esp bec he has lots of difficulty punishing it. And if your doing it really close you dont even need to IB the 5d cause you can just poke in between 5c IB 5d. Edit: Tested it. Carls hitbox is good so 623a whiffs if you dont AD

Still, isn't carl fast enough to beat the upper that has no invul? We could also used allegretto, I suppose. Buuuuuut yeah. Also, dunno if this was mentioned before, but how does rolling through 2d work out for us? Not that Jin uses it regularly, buuuuuut I'd still like to know.