Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mynusdono

Accent Core I-no: Discussion and Thoughts

Hey guys we should definately start sharing our thoughts about AC I-no now. Pro's / Con's, matchups and the like. I wanna know how everyone feels about her. Starting out It seems the physics in the game changed a bit as ppl tend to fall faster. Especially after VCL. doing her hcl frc ad.H, ad.D (delay) vcl and trying to link a 5S after is almost impossibe on normal and heavy chars. seems u have to use 2k in this instance only. Her air dash seems faster too although i think its just me im not sure i gotta check the system data on that one, but especially after the HCL frc she seems to speed out in acceleration. Also it seems easier to do her hover air dash from the (666-6) method which i use which is nice and the timimg of the fast fall VCL also is easier to get especially of combos in the corner. As for combos im still getting 200+ dmgs on normal defence rating chars with no guard bar but having CL do no guard bar damage really hurt her dmg output since it basically negated any proration your combo might have had in it. so instead of 270dmg combos everytime gotta settle for around 220dmg (average). And im loving her new notes, the fast one adds a little more dynamic to her lacking mid range game, (no guard damage on this either anymore :I: ) Plus her far S negates fireballs (stun edge/ zappa ghosts) so that is pretty sick and added new range on 2D.

So Pro/Cons :

Pros:

1) new speed changing notes confusing and hard for opponent to avoid at times.

fast-slow note helps mid range game a bit.

2) 2D added range. (no proration), great for comboing the sols/zappa/faust.

3) 5S(far), lv.4 move with no recovery and +14 guard bar dmg. plus negates fireballs.

4) Sdive floats for added comboability. on blocking opponent: 5S then (JI the 5S and

go low with 2S, or TK S dive for instant overhead. link 5K after for sick

mixup games.)

5) new force break is pretty nasty and net ok dmg. guaranteed knockdown in corner

and the cancel on it is pretty sick and gives her a double air dash for more mixup

opportunities.

6) STBT (S) floats on hit and is crazy on counter hit omg, i get free air grabs every

time, its not safe to tech this move lol.

7) omg almost forgot she has the 3rd best backdash in the game now at 11 frames.

8) 6H faster now.

9) 2S hits low now with no proration.

Cons:

1) no guard bar dmg on CL or notes anymore.

2) VCL is lv.3 now.

3) overall dmg lowered

4) new notes difficult to guage which one to use at times, but should go away with

time.

5) air throw from 120 dots (wtf?!) in slash -> 96 dots in AC

6) less untechable time on P dive.

If u guys have anything to add post it up......

What new uses does 5S far have now that make it a pro? The negating fireballs change doesn't seem that great to me now that there is slash back which can cover all angles which 5S far probably can't. I think learning how to slash back fireballs is probably a better option.

What new uses does 5S far have now that make it a pro? The negating fireballs change doesn't seem that great to me now that there is slash back which can cover all angles which 5S far probably can't. I think learning how to slash back fireballs is probably a better option.

negating fireballs is just an added plus. there were alot of other pluses i listed. the fact that the fireball has to reach your body to slash back it, and 5S(f) negating it half screen away is dont really compare. just an added plus. its not as godly as it was in slash with the CH wall bounce but raping ppls guard bar for free is too good. the range is weird but ive already been abusing it and its hilarious. nothing warrants it to be a con.

Oh alright, I understand what you mean now. I was thinking more along the lines of the moves getting nerfed or buffed. I agree with you though, her new 5S far is hilariously spammable.

I still prefer XX/'s f.S, but it's nice at raising guard bar quickly. I haven't really gotten to sit and experiment much, so my thoughts won't mean much though. -9

Oh alright, I understand what you mean now. I was thinking more along the lines of the moves getting nerfed or buffed. I agree with you though, her new 5S far is hilariously spammable.

I know what you mean. I was doing it and many people don't expect it to hit late cuz it goes right through them. I find 5S great for stopping people that like to dash in. It's also a great way to open a match and get a free air throw when tech'd cuz you're already at the perfect distance. I find it one of her better norms.

Don't really like the new 5S(f) for combos. Can't really tell if it's special cancellable or I'm just linking HCLs, but it's a pain in the ass IMO. Especially when dealing with the Sols.

Don't really like the new 5S(f) for combos. Can't really tell if it's special cancellable or I'm just linking HCLs, but it's a pain in the ass IMO. Especially when dealing with the Sols.

I agree. I still really dislike the 5S changes.

i dislike it too, its like hey guys lets make her slash change and her forcebreak sucky.

Titan44: Looking at the cancel column, it doesn't look cancelable at all. It does have a long enough untechable time (30F with 16F of recovery => 14F to do stuff, CL has startup of 11 -> 4F link or so) that you can link the CL after it though. Out of curiosity, does I-no chain into her f. S often for combos? It looks like it got slower (I assume I-no used the 1st hit of f. S in old combos, I don't play I-no)

i dont ever use it in combos. Its not for combos, its mainly for pressure and baiting. it has forced proration of 50% plus for the sols i use either JI into 6P, CL, frc, ad S. Plus with longer range on her 2D i can use that to lift and combo from. I use it for pressure especially after a 2H. mix it up. Also i use it against Ky and Zappa(ghosts) alot since it cancells fireballs if i dont feel like SB'ing. Use it against ppl who like to jump and dash in the range of the move.

hey guys, I need some help playing with I-no... first of all. the airdash for the ground HCL, is it that hard or is it not do-able? cuz If I was a lil higer in the air I would do it normally, but the gorunf one ( 632146+K 6FRC6) I cant seem to pull it off on the ground ><? any advices or should I keep practising 6FRC6? and one more thing >< about FRCing HCL or VCL. I see most players do it and do some stuff after it ( like another HCL or VCL ) I tried doing it but it kinda gets random-ish... any help? like an input for HCL FRC HCL ? I am new to GG and I wanna adjust myself to I-no >< I would appreciate the help and sorry for the trouble^^

hey guys, I need some help playing with I-no...

first of all. the airdash for the ground HCL, is it that hard or is it not do-able?

cuz If I was a lil higer in the air I would do it normally, but the gorunf one ( 632146+K 6FRC6) I cant seem to pull it off on the ground ><? any advices or should I keep practising 6FRC6?

and one more thing ><

about FRCing HCL or VCL. I see most players do it and do some stuff after it ( like another HCL or VCL )

I tried doing it but it kinda gets random-ish... any help? like an input for HCL FRC HCL ?

I am new to GG and I wanna adjust myself to I-no ><

I would appreciate the help and sorry for the trouble^^

what u want to end up learning to do is doing a 360 degree HCL. Make it become instinct. You need that little bit of air. You might be able to do 632146 K after u do a regular dash cause you get a jump install when u come back to the ground. Of course you have to be comboing the hits. I do a 6987641236K 6FRC6 or a FRC66.

I really see no point to FRC a CL into another CL unless it was the ending hit or just to keep pressure on people. It just takes practice to get your hand into the feel there really isnt anything kinda trick. Honestly I think the hardest part of playing Ino on the pad is the dash-> air dash-> VCL falling down

I-no is a tough character to learn but she can be fun. Expect to lose but learn from it. What I like to do is count how many times I dont do a combo and practice it.

Id advise you to go to training mode and practice HS, 360HCL 6FRC6.

So, I finally got AC so I could test a few things out with the changes. Overall, I don't think that I-no is worse like people are saying. Getting her guard bar stuff removed does suck, but her overall potential for mixes and 8907430915872345 hit combos is still there which makes her just as potent as in Slash (IMO). I think it's the fact that majority of the rest of the cast got buffed nicely that makes her seem to pale in comparison. Pros: Another thing that I noted was that she gets to cancel out of 6HS again. This makes it a descent AA again because you don't have any recovery on hit. Not by any means an AA that you want to fall back on everytime, but much better than what she had. I don't know if this has been confirmed yet, but I did notice a change in her overall speed. It was odd trying to get used to it. Maybe it's just overall changes in the engine though, I dunno... Her EX gives her a much needed out from the ever present corner lock-down. She really didn't have much vs. Eddie for example, aside from hope that there is a hole and 2K it. Again, better than what she had. CH K Dive doing the Looney Tunes slide makes another real easy starter to the 5HS etc combo S Dive popping up for combos makes the Attsun cross-up VERY useful again. <3 Different speed notes are good, but if you pick the wrong one, p2 is on you immediately. Like Mynus said, getting used to is will go away with time. Definately helps with full screen wake-up games and Eddie killing. The only things that I don't like too much so far are: 5S(far) for reasons noted earlier, however, killing projectiles and Guard dmg ARE very nice :D Dmg reduction Guard bar damaging options lowered Faster tech on P dive New FRC on HS stroke seems superfluous. Whould have been cool on something else like an early FRC on one of the dives or something... *shrug* Question: 5k, JI, ad.S, VCL seems to hit more frequently mid-screen than I am used to. Is it just me, or has something changed that makes it hit better? Remix: Forgot to ask something else. What is this highly abusable glitch that I keep hearing about? I don't want to activate it by accident. I heard that it is the Air Super freezing the game. It's already happened to me a few times. Is that it though? I'll try to add more interesting things when I get more time with AC... (I miss Slash :cry: )

hey guys, I need some help playing with I-no...

first of all. the airdash for the ground HCL, is it that hard or is it not do-able?

cuz If I was a lil higer in the air I would do it normally, but the gorunf one ( 632146+K 6FRC6) I cant seem to pull it off on the ground ><? any advices or should I keep practising 6FRC6?

Pretty much re-stating what Vegeta said, but leaving the complicated stuff out.

There's no way to do a standard ground HCL (632146K) into FRC Dash unless it's jump installed (probably too advanced if you're a total beginner). So don't bother with HCL FRC Airdash if you were just standing still, because it won't happen.

You should be able to find out more about jump installing on other areas of the board, and even some in the other I-No threads, but I would agree that getting comfortable with I-No and the game before you start trying that stuff.

u know from playing earlier i actually think i FRC66, I use to 6FRC6 when i was on my brothers lcd crap. maybe when i get back to 90% frc on a crt my hand will go back to 6FRC6

Remix: Forgot to ask something else. What is this highly abusable glitch that I keep hearing about? I don't want to activate it by accident. I heard that it is the Air Super freezing the game. It's already happened to me a few times. Is that it though?

I'll try to add more interesting things when I get more time with AC...

(I miss Slash :cry: )

I-no's air super will cause the game to crash if certain effects are going on at the same time. One that I learned of from person experience is when Faust's air bag projectile explodes. If I-no super comes out when the explosion from the bag is on the screen, the game will lock up.

Sucks because I was doing survival mode run when it happened to me.:sweatdrop:

Basically... you might have to just avoid using the move. I just hope they can fix that in the American release.

Can anybody tell me the transcript notation for doing a vcl after her hover dash? Is their a shortcut to getting an early vcl after 6696'ing? Just a quick question and I don't really think it calls for another thread so I decided to post it here. Thanks in advanced guys for the help. Also, while were at it, how about the notation for a dash primed vcl (she does a ground vcl while taking a significant forward hop?) Sorry, don't know what to call it but I've always wondered what the notation was. Thanks again guys.

Also, while were at it, how about the notation for a dash primed vcl (she does a ground vcl while taking a significant forward hop?) Sorry, don't know what to call it but I've always wondered what the notation was. Thanks again guys.

6321466K_S.

Can anybody tell me the transcript notation for doing a vcl after her hover dash? Is their a shortcut to getting an early vcl after 6696'ing? Just a quick question and I don't really think it calls for another thread so I decided to post it here. Thanks in advanced guys for the help.

There isn't really a shortcut, you just have to do it without rushing it or fumbling it. What I do is, I hold the 6 from the airdash and do 32146S quickly at the end of the airdash. You don't have to input it as early as you'd think, just have to know what precisely the window is and complete the VCL motion by then; it's about half-a-second after the airdash.

So, transcription of what I do would be:

6695[6] 32146S

Ironicaly, during the short period that dustloop was down I was able to find out both of these with a little trial and error but thanks a bunch for the quick replies guys! @stinkymonz: yea, I was thinking the same thing. Trying to execute it early was really frustrating me but I seem to be more successful with the slight delay after the 6696 you mentioned. Again, thanks guys! :thumbu:

there really isnt an AC guide john, but u can post here and you can get answers to the questions. what do u want to know