Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mynusdono

Accent Core I-no: Discussion and Thoughts

I don't know, is it glitch or what, and was it in /, but... I played in training and accidentally made vcl like 412364s and it worked! I checked and found out that 412364 input working only in air and only with vcl.

I don't know, is it glitch or what, and was it in /, but...

I played in training and accidentally made vcl like 412364s and it worked! I checked and found out that 412364 input working only in air and only with vcl.

Not sure why it works, probably a glitch, but it's in XX/ too.

... huh...

Sup all, I just picked up this game the other day, and I absolutely love the character concept behind I-no. She seems kinda like a mix between Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Haruko from FLCL. The guitar is so bad ass, as well as her attitude. That's probably not a very good reason to pick up a character, especially since I hear I-no's BnB's are pretty hard since they involve JI TK HCL's with FRC's or something along those lines, but I don't care. I just like the character concept and design a lot ^_^. I think I sort of understand what the HCL with FRC is after reading through some of the basic faqs, but since lots of FRC's are required, I am guessing I-no uses up a lot of tension in her combos, right? Anyways, just sort of introducing myself as a new GG player, and I-no all at once here, since I don't really know where else I should put it.

Sup all, I just picked up this game the other day, and I absolutely love the character concept behind I-no. She seems kinda like a mix between Morrigan from Darkstalkers and Haruko from FLCL. The guitar is so bad ass, as well as her attitude. That's probably not a very good reason to pick up a character, especially since I hear I-no's BnB's are pretty hard since they involve JI TK HCL's with FRC's or something along those lines, but I don't care. I just like the character concept and design a lot ^_^. I think I sort of understand what the HCL with FRC is after reading through some of the basic faqs, but since lots of FRC's are required, I am guessing I-no uses up a lot of tension in her combos, right?

Anyways, just sort of introducing myself as a new GG player, and I-no all at once here, since I don't really know where else I should put it.

Yes the do, she's pretty tension dependant. And welcome.

Welcome Pyro. I'm new to the forums as well. My experience with I-no is from reload, and i'm a big scrub. I've been practicing her TKHCL FRC Air dash for a while now... it's difficult to consistently do. But i gotta tell ya, watching videos of Koichi play her gives me hope. So if you get frustrated with her combos just watch him over and over... it's what i do :D Dude is the tension miester !

Welcome Pyro. I'm new to the forums as well. My experience with I-no is from reload, and i'm a big scrub. I've been practicing her TKHCL FRC Air dash for a while now... it's difficult to consistently do. But i gotta tell ya, watching videos of Koichi play her gives me hope. So if you get frustrated with her combos just watch him over and over... it's what i do :D Dude is the tension miester !

Thanks for the welcome guys :keke: Yeah, I saw some videos of Koichi on youtube, and man, he is incredibly awesome. His HCL -> ad -> VCL combos are so cool looking. I think I'm gonna need to put in a lot of practice before I am even able to do any of that stuff though. At least I have a good stick to learn stuff on (Sanwa JLF stick and Seimitsu PS-14-GN buttons), so it will make the process a bit less frustrating.

Wassup Pyro. I'm still learning I-no myself. @ A.B.A-can-do: Meglomania is Boss/EX I-no only. And IIRC Boss/EX meglomania cannot be comboed together like I-no's Ultimate fortissimo(air OD). -An I-no FRC question: Should I bother to learn I-no's sultry Performance HS version FRC? I've never seen anyone ever use it and the only potenial I see in it is possibly a crossup tool?

I use HS dive FRC, but a lot would be an overstatement. It's worth learning and sometimes can be used for combos, or for safety. There was a very complicated mixup with it crossing over that Fuku demonstrated, but it's hard and a waste of tension so don't worry about it.

So I've been lurking around for quite some time and finally decided to register :) . Anyways, I recently got a chance to finally mess around on AC and I found something interesting pertaining to I-No (well it piqued my interest). I did dash>j.s>VCL and I-No sort of hopped over the opponent upon VCL and slid a bit. So I was wondering if I FRC'd it, could there be any cross-up potential? I never really got to experiment with Slash and I never really used the EX characters back in #R so I don't really have much experience with the VCL:confused: .

Yeah, you can do that, but sometimes the momentum carries you so far forward that you can't combo much. J.k is I-no's only move that automatically crosses over, so if you land it at a bad angle, the only combo is j.k->vertical chemical love (position dependent)/air super. If you land the j.k low enough, you can land and continue the combo.

Even though the combo vid is for slash, this demonstrates it pretty well at 3:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwbSFFi6jsk

hello, i am a "new ino player" i play with her in slash and i train to try make the HCL airdash in the past, .... later I give up wiht her because i think in learn to use her when i buy a stick... well but now in AC.... some days ago i try to play her again, and i dont know i make better the hcl FRC airdash, O.O in tk and with JI. for now i am training in some basics combos. but i have some questions... the first is simple but efective ( i use if i need finish the combo and not fail it XD) for example to jam 6P> HS >JC> j.S>j.HS> HCL FRC 66> j.S> VCL > land > relaunch and termination . is little diferent for especifics weights i try to make the HCL combos in corner, mmm some questions: i have seen that Ko1 uses 6P, 41236 S, K, HCL (where he put the ji?) for me is more easy make the HCL frc airdash when i use the hover dash for get the JI. when is beeter make the Ji when you make for example: 2K, 6P, HS HCL? in the hs? sometimes i see that koichi cancels the FB when he finish the matchs XD, yeah is not useful but looks weird XD. are the new FB useful? or is better search for 236 S loop or HCL loop? what es the diference in 236 S and 236 K? when you relaunch a combo with 2P, S super jump when i can make a ji? my principal problem with ino is the diference that could be if i make a HCL in tk is that sometimes i make the HCL at diferent heigt and the timing for the frc changes X.x (yeah i am a newbie T___T) I love the ino play stile i enjoy a lot playin her, but some times i get desesperated watching how i brake my fingers for get a simple combo and jam or potem break you face with 4 hits T___T (jam can make a very damage loop to iino with her 236 236 S (overdrive) frc 6P hs loop (i dont know the input, but she hits ino grouched can hit you in the foot and make very loong combo >_>) (yeah she have better combos than this but i talk about it because is especific on ino) and yeah my english sucks LoL thanks for your time

i have seen that Ko1 uses 6P, 41236 S, K, HCL (where he put the ji?)

TK the last HCL to add the JI, since 5K is jump-cancellable.

for me is more easy make the HCL frc airdash when i use the hover dash for get the JI.

when is beeter make the Ji when you make for example: 2K, 6P, HS HCL? in the hs?

Same as above. TK the HCL.

sometimes i see that koichi cancels the FB when he finish the matchs XD, yeah is not useful but looks weird XD.

are the new FB useful? or is better search for 236 S loop or HCL loop?

New FB is relatively shitty IMO. I'd say save your tension for FRCs.

what es the diference in 236 S and 236 K?

K dive gives knockdown, while S dive doesn't. You can combo after S dives with a little timing.

when you relaunch a combo with 2P, S super jump when i can make a ji?

Don't think you need to, really. When people do SJ combos, they usually try to connect with a P dive to extend combos. I can't see any reason to JI it.

thanks for your time

NO PROBLEM.

woah thansk for your time. well, im glad that for the pirst questions i need to make Tk ( more easy XD for a begginer) ok I will try to save tension for frc, i waste a lot of tension in make frc notes, will be useful know the diference betwen 236 K and 236 S P dive resets the jump state? I will try but I trough that if you make a super jump you cant make later op P dive airdash..... or you said about try to make P dive P dive. 236 K ? more questions.... noq with the notes... what is better make the note in ground? or in TK, i have seen that you can make som cool mixupps later of the two, are a diferenc in frame activation an other frame data?? and the last. later of airgrab wallbounce... what is tbe best followup? HS HCL (tk) ? thanks again

woah thansk for your time.

well, im glad that for the pirst questions i need to make Tk ( more easy XD for a begginer)

ok I will try to save tension for frc, i waste a lot of tension in make frc notes,

will be useful know the diference betwen 236 K and 236 S

P dive resets the jump state? I will try but I trough that if you make a super jump you cant make later op P dive airdash..... or you said about try to make P dive P dive. 236 K ?

more questions.... noq with the notes...

what is better make the note in ground? or in TK, i have seen that you can make som cool mixupps later of the two,

are a diferenc in frame activation an other frame data??

and the last. later of airgrab wallbounce... what is tbe best followup? HS HCL (tk) ?

thanks again

236K makes the person slide on counter hit and goes down at a smaller angle, 236S kinda knocks the person ups and goes at a bigger angle.

it all depends on the note FRC. the ground one does have a different frame spot, the air one is much easier to pull off. I usually mix up with both, it is all to psych the person out.

the best follow up depends on where u are at compared to the corner and who it is. HS HCLtk is a good one if u can land it or a close Slash into air combo works

NEVERMIND I WAS TOO LATE SINCE MY FIRST POST GOT WIPED

When Koichi does 6p, 41236 S, K HCL air dash, he jump installs it on the Kick with a TK motion. In this situation you can only combo a ground HCL cos kick doesn't carry a lot of stun, so when you hit K, do a 632147896 motion and hit K again to do the HCL before I-no leaves the ground. That way you can dash after HCL but it is hard. You can use any motion you want for the HCL so long as there is an up in the motion (7, 8, or 9) and that you do the HCL on the ground. You can also do 5k (hold the button), motion 632147896, and let go of K to get a HCL (the negative edge method), from here FRC and Air dash.

For 6p, 5hs combos, they depend on how far away you are from the enemy, and whether or not you're in the corner.

I'll edit in examples later. I wrote this whole post once already and it got wiped by my stupid computer.

I actually have no idea how to cancel the FB. :( Someone fill me in?

236S is a dive attack that goes at about a 45 degree downwards angle and floats the opponent. At very low heights/on standing opponents, it is a guaranteed knockdown. Depending on the combo set up, I-no's height and stuff, you can combo afterwards with 5s© in the corner, 5p/2p and 5k all work midscreen. So for an example Vs. Jam:

TK 236s, 2p/5p, 5k, sjc. sj.p sj.s, sj.hs HCL frc AD j.hs 236k. (I think Jam can recover)

236K is a dive attack that goes downwards at something like 30 degree angle. It's purpose is to be a combo finisher. It carries a large amounts of untechable frames. At the end of longer combos at higher heights, it can be techable and it is techable if done too high, i.e. dust combos.

For 2p, 5s, the jump install would have to be on 5s. The same way I talked about with the 5k. You can do this on all I-no's JCable ground moves. (5p, 5k, 5s©, 5hs).

If it was a super jump combos like vs. Jam,

6p, 5hs, sjc. sj.s, sj.k, sj.s, jc sj.s, sj.hs, HCL. You have to JC normally and then really fast before the jump happens, cancel it by doing a super jump to replace it. This way, you can jump again after Super Jumping. It's quick! You would have to do the 5hs then 828, 737, or 919 (whichever however you like). But let's say you hit someone heavy with a 236s dive in the corner, you can do 2p, 5s©, 632147896K and that will JI the HCL so you can dash after and combo.

Sorry if this is confusing. I'll clean it up later hopefully.

Uhhhh.....you just hold D when you do the FB and hit another attack button. Should be cancellable as soon as the startup animation has finished.

I think I'm just going to make a video sometime.

thanks a lot for your time, now is the time for train train and train. i htink that for some weeks i only need train and try combos of matchs, for learn it, i hope be useful in this forum in the future thanks for your help ^^

Hi, I'm not new to I-no, but I am new to the forums... I just had two quick questions on I-no's inertia cl... I think I know the input for it, but can someone plz give confirm it for me, and can someone clarify the timing for me. I can only seem to get it off when I buffer it after a back dash or 5k (and it's rare) Thx