Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kumlekar

[CT-CS1] Carl vs. Hakumen

Still haven't tried super canceling, BUT if you do use the "FREE RC" I referenced: You can now move Nirvana in hit stun. Real fucked up huh

waitwhat?

Where?

Carl attacks Haku: Haku Super counters During Carls "Stuck there" animation you can RC w/o spending heat. Carl does nothing. But, Nirvana can be worked during this small window. It's a super... you can't burst. Might as well RC with A+B+C+[D]. amirite? or amirite?

haku is invincible throughout the whole animation. I swear I saw some invincibility after the sword strike happened, but it was pretty brief, and my eyes might've been playing tricks on me. rapid cancellling won't do much except make you seem kewly o_o

Hakumen is 100% invincible and he leaves a trail that hits 5 consecutive times. (Though, if you're hit his invisible line of death, it ends) I've learned this while fighting many Hakumen players.

haku is invincible throughout the whole animation.

I swear I saw some invincibility after the sword strike happened, but it was pretty brief, and my eyes might've been playing tricks on me. rapid cancellling won't do much except make you seem kewly o_o

Is there any practically into RCing then doing either 236236[D], or maybe even 214214[D]?

Those supers require Carl to do an animation. I doubt it would even active, Worth testing tho. we should also try 236236A+B+C+D. We can't burst due to the super in effect. Maybe.... 214214A+B+C+D

Is there any practically into RCing then doing either 236236[D], or maybe even 214214[D]?

no. when you RC and you've activated his trap, i see the rapid cancel animation go, and I see meter go down, but they can't do anything, they're frozen. and even if they could yukikaze is so slow and exists in the whiff plane (like punching super will go fast as if not blocking/hitting anything) and hakumen will just super through it

you might get like 1 hit if it's perfectly timed and SOMEHOW didn't cross-up... :v: (and that's after you get hit)

3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, J.B, J.C, 8]D[...

b/c

3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 2C, 8]D[... usually whiffs.

Any advice on how to play this match up as a whole? My next 3x3 match is Hakumen and I'm trying to prepare. Usually I refrain from approaching as a I am quite unsure how to go about it, other than Kara IAD on whiffs. I usually just wait for him to come to me, block his attacks, then sandwich. Any tips regarding overall spacing and pacing for this match up would be greatly appreciated.

You pretty much have the right idea, but if the Hakumen player knows what he's doing he's just gonna sit back and be patient. Those are the Hakumen's you need to be weary of. As you may have experienced some Hakumen's like to stand in front of nirvana and spame 5C just in case you activate her. They just do this over and again because you don't have a poke long enough to reach them. But what i like to do is as they're mindlessly spamming that move as soon as he's in recover I dash in do 5C and back out. Hopefully I'll get a counter hit, if so I have the offense. If you have an aggressive hakumen who likes to air dash in at you, I typically like to be just barely inside his air dash range. So when he does airdash and swings his sword I'll back dash out of range and then he's conveniently right between Nirvana and me. Not much to say, this match requires retarded patience on both sides. Normally the person who dies is the one who's being to aggressive.

actually, when hakumen airdashes towards you he should be doing hotaru if you're in range for it.

Thanks guys. Edit: Well I just lost the match, sorry Team Clover. Zoogs, Doc was a pretty aggressive player and jumped in whenever he could. I think I lost the round due to improper doll management. I ended up trading a lot of 8]D['s and Haku-men's j.C, this killed Ada pretty quick. Good luck Zoogs.

Don't get Hotaru'd! D: I'll be rooting for Carl team this time around, since you're such an agreeable group :) Might be a moot point or only works on me, but using IAD fast fall on an anti-air happy haku into 2a can help. (when they react to it. At least when I react it a lot of the times i'm too slow... D: ) Oh and another general reminder, really keep your eye on haku's meter. I've faced so many carl's (among other characters) who think that I'm about to kill them when I only have a star of meter or something.

This is Carl's worst match-up. Its like having the air coverage of Tao, the zoning of Noel, and the power of Tager. Your getting boned 3 ways.