Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kumlekar

[CT-CS1] Carl vs. Hakumen

Slow your roll now. Whats your problem with Hackman?

His too fast and too powerful. He took out 70% of my HP with his air slash thing. He also has the parries that stops Carl form using his pokes, and his dash goes too far. He has too many powers. Parries, projectile cuts, long distencs atk, stupid amounts of power and zoning and turtling. I stop maning Hackman becuase he was too cheap.

Yes don't have the cash to get CS yet. I herd Hakuman was toned down in CS witch is cool. Don't get me wrong I don't want any carater to be bad but Some should be toned down a bit. I mean hay I sub Ark and they toned him down a lot.

Let me enlighten you. Hakumen in CT was a 5-5 matchup for Carl. In CS Carl vs. Hakumen is 4.5-5.5 in Hakumen's favor. And Hakumen is ALOT better in CS. He is by no means nerfed.

This matchup which ever version you're playing requires a retarded amount of patience. You have to stay outside his range and just patiently wait for an opening because you're not getting in on him easily. Once you get in on him, you need to pull out every mixup and reset in your arsenal to get damage. Bait predictable counters. That's a free counter hit. To do this don't be afraid to stop a block string just in case he's mashing on D.

Quick question.

If Hakumen pushes you into the corner with Ada behind (Edit: Hakumen) but out of range with everything except Fuoco, do you summon or try to knock him into her?

I feel like this happens to me a lot and I'm never sure exactly what to do.

i actually considered this matchup 6-4 for hakumen in ct, but it might just be because the local carl player here, while good, was the only one. if japan put it at even, trust them over me.

cs is undoubtedly gay as fuck for carl. enjoy getting hit to death from full screen, lol.

The situations is:

Wall-Carl-Hakumen-------Ada

When Hakumen gets a combo going from around mid screen, a lot of the time I end up in the corner. Sometimes I'll try to block and punish his corner pressure with 2A-5A-5B-6B-623C-5B-j.B-j.B-236C-8D. Or I'll try to Vivace out, summon, and put Hakumen in corner pressure/lock him down with the gear if I have meter into an unblock.

I was just wondering what it is that you guys do.

Sorry I should have been more specific.

instant block, barrier guard, both.

don't get too comfortable poking out of pressure, because hakumen has 6A, 6B (in ct), 2D, tsubaki and of course hotaru. jumping (7 A+B+C) is advisable if you don't think you can fight back from where you are.

that's about as general as i can get. there's plenty you can do, just that like a lot of things in this game it's a matter of judgement. if you know a hakumen player's tendencies, work around them.

instant block, barrier guard, both.

don't get too comfortable poking out of pressure, because hakumen has 6A, 6B (in ct), 2D, tsubaki and of course hotaru. jumping (7 A+B+C) is advisable if you don't think you can fight back from where you are.

that's about as general as i can get. there's plenty you can do, just that like a lot of things in this game it's a matter of judgement. if you know a hakumen player's tendencies, work around them.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

I've learned that one of your best bets when being rushed is to :d::df::f::abt:or:cbt: and try to use C or 6C to poke him, but be werrie of his :d::df::f:

The situations is:

Wall-Carl-Hakumen-------Ada

When Hakumen gets a combo going from around mid screen, a lot of the time I end up in the corner. Sometimes I'll try to block and punish his corner pressure with 2A-5A-5B-6B-623C-5B-j.B-j.B-236C-8D. Or I'll try to Vivace out, summon, and put Hakumen in corner pressure/lock him down with the gear if I have meter into an unblock.

I was just wondering what it is that you guys do.

Sorry I should have been more specific.

Answer is easy: Use volante, and block. I mean, walk into attack range and purposefully block an atatck or two. than BAM, he's got fireball in his back, you get combo w/oki or an escape.

Also, I rarely use nirvana to build offense against Haku. J.IB is just THAT good.

-EDIT-

Volante hits you can combo:

Volante, 2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, (cross over), J.2C, Alle~can, 5, J.B, Allegreto, 8]D[. This leads to corner allegreto loop or corner 2]D[ loop. =)

Answer is easy: Use volante, and block. I mean, walk into attack range and purposefully block an atatck or two. than BAM, he's got fireball in his back, you get combo w/oki or an escape.

Also, I rarely use nirvana to build offense against Haku. J.IB is just THAT good.

-EDIT-

Volante hits you can combo:

Volante, 2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, (cross over), J.2C, Alle~can, 5, J.B, Allegreto, 8]D[. This leads to corner allegreto loop or corner 2]D[ loop. =)

Thanks Kyle! I had completely forgot about Volante. I'll definitely try this.

Ok wat about in CT, i play a Haku-Men that refuses to budge at all. We hav stared each other down for a hole 30 secs & if he ever gets the lead he'll spam J.c wit Haku-Men, If i even think of gettin close he'll go for 6C or even 2C depending on my approach. He usually jumps back & does J.C its annoying chasing him 24/7 & carls 5C doesn't hit him in time after his 5C/6C he is able to block & if i try to pressure wit Fucco after 5C he jumps back wit J.C stopping me & nirvana.... & when he does go offensive Carls 6a is useless & i get pressured & iv tried IB the J.C & used 5a or 2a they both give him a counter for "lotus" or 236a or even a counter for a grab. An dont even think about using vivace cause that always give a counter hit for 5C, 6C, & 2C. I also try to IB an backdash to use the inv frams on that...... -_- nope still get hit, or i might IB an use 2a or 5a -_- nope still give him a counter hit.... i gave up on this match up a long time ago, but if u think u can help please do cause i need help

Also did i forget to mention is he ever gets one Drive off on me it doesnt matter wat drive 5D, 2D, or 6D he does 6C into a distortion & if u think of barrier burstin he'll delay the distortion to time it so he evades the burst but i still cant block the distortion...... OMG the amount of Hp that lil combo does is overwhelming at the least its gonna do 4K -_- thats half carls Hp gone

There's no easy way in against a good, patient Haku. You're hoping that there is a trick to getting on him. Well there isn't. Well maybe by distracting him with Nirvana. But you as the Carl player have to out space him and patiently wait for an opening which there will inevitably be in some matches. That's all I can really say.

You have to understand that the reason this matchup is 5-5 is because when the match is neutral Hakumen obviously has the advantage. However, my question to you is, if you ever manage to get him sandwiched, are you making the most out of it to hit him. Because that's where Carl shines. Are your mixups good (overheads, crossups, throws), are you baiting his counters?

next time you get caught by a counter, mash your gear super as fast as possible.

(i wonder if this still works in cs)

lol ur not understanding first this guy techs EVERY grab i attempt, & he also looks at the spacing so he can swing with out being punished.... he doesnt make a single offensive move untill he knows he cannot be punished. As for using the Gear super after a counter that dont work >.> been there done that he uses Yukikaze after a counter if i do the Gear & i can tech after the counter & get hit or lay there & get hit by Yukikaze... Im not to sure why i even thought it would work. Wile i have him sandwiched i do a long combo & end it with Rapsody of memories, i get alot of damage done.... but the moment im finished he gets up & blocks the next sandwiched string. Did i forget to mention every time i swing he IB everything. That on its own makes me scared of a surprise counter. He also never bothers to burst if i have 50% heat.. Im super good at burst punishing :] & he also doesnt bother to conter carl only nirvana so sandwiched pressure isnt really an option because he WILL get out.

As soon as he heara carl give Ada a command ( he knows all of them ) he just times his counter. If i try to make hit block by using carl..... bad idea he IB every move & still counters Ada but this i get grabbed. If i pressure with out Ada O.o he just back dash then start his own pressure. This matchup cannot be 5-5 Haku-Men cannot be pressured also i play every character in the game >.> If i fight a Carl i go for Haku-Men or Ragna & dominate with pressure

If can actually hit them then yes. You can spam j.A until you land and then go in for a combo.

But IBing j.C rarily works for me because of the amount of block stun j.C puts me in. The Hakumen player and land and counter hit my j.a.