Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bashoomba

[CSE] Jin Help! The "I'm a n00b seeking advice" thread.

Hey guys, I just got started using Jin a couple of days ago. I'm normally a Ragna main but I'm aiming to get Jin's unlimited form in score attack. I kind of went headfirst but it seemed fairly easy to pick up.

The main problem I have I found when fighting unlimited hakumen. The combos I use seem to be easily countered by his instant guard attacks, which he immediately follows up after and knocks off half, a third, or the rest of my health.

In any case I need some tips on making combos that don't have any opportunities for the opponent to break out off. I tend to use the B and C Ice Cars during my combos and I tend to use them to get close at some points.

The combo strings I can remember using fairly often are:

5C>2D>d.c.?>6C>d.c.>5C>j.B.>j.C>j.B.>j.C. (I usually can't hit anything after that.)

(There's usually a random bunch of stuff I do before this combo to try and break the opponent's guard) 3C>214B

On Unlimited Hakumen I sometimes follow up with some string of 5A, 2A, 2B, and end it with a 623A.

I'm still a noob myself but I do do I similar combo like that. Its important to note that when go to start jins air combo u have to hjc ie:5b>5c>6>66>5c>hjc>j.b>j.2c>9>j.b>j.2c>2d>214c or 214d

Hope this helps

i think some of you guys need to learn the simple "bread and butters" before you try to move on heres some good notes for u guys

-5C is a good ground poke (the length was nerf from ct, but its still decent)

-2C is a decent anti air and the move makes jin duck down alil bit (it has a slow start up tho)

-6B goes over low attacks (good for people crouching and mashing ex taos 2a)

-6d is faster now and breaks 1 guard primer so dont be to shy to use it in a block string

*note jin can really only do big damage in the corner so if you can get them there and keep them there then the match can be in your favor

I have a question regarding Jin's 623D's follow up... I have seen videos of some players manage to combo a 6C after it but I can't seem to be able to do it. I thought maybe the combo was too long so I tried to copy the combos they do and still not luck.

Is there a trick to how to follow it up with a 6C? it wasn't a big deal in CT but in CS its so hard :(

Its timing is very strict, you'll have to practice. Just go on challenge mode, I think it's the 8th or 9th one. I see pros messing it up even now.

make sure you let your opponent fall as far as possible after the first hit of 623D before you do the second hit.

make sure you let your opponent fall as far as possible after the first hit of 623D before you do the second hit.

About parallel with Jin's hand is when I do it :) Corner rape ftw.

Its timing is very strict, you'll have to practice. Just go on challenge mode, I think it's the 8th or 9th one. I see pros messing it up even now.

You're thinking 623C counterhit. He's talking about D DP's corner followups, which really aren't that strict.

On that note: eventually you'll also be able to tell when you've messed up the timing, and go for a run-up 2b instead of whiffing the 6c. I mean you don't want to be messing up the timing in the first place, but whatever.

You're thinking 623C counterhit. He's talking about D DP's corner followups, which really aren't that strict.

On that note: eventually you'll also be able to tell when you've messed up the timing, and go for a run-up 2b instead of whiffing the 6c. I mean you don't want to be messing up the timing in the first place, but whatever.

I thought I had seen 623C, I must've been really sleepy. *facepalms*

About parallel with Jin's hand is when I do it :) Corner rape ftw.

im normally able to get them to touch the ground most of the time. trust me, lower is better, though i don't understand why.

trust me, lower is better, though i don't understand why.

I think it relates to some kind of translation from untechable time to slide time.

The lower you hit the 2nd hit the less slide animation will happen in the air, which gives you more time to hit them on the ground.

For instance: 6C>6D>6C>6D>623D will let you do 2nd hit when they touch the ground, but 6C>6D>6C>6D>5C>6C>DC>623D won't because the ice will break like 2 frames before they hit the ground, so you have to get them right before they do in order to be able to follow up with a 6C or 2C

Note: The height of 2nd hit does not matter if you're going to follow up with 5C

ya it does but it has terribad horizontal reach

and vertical..... it's only like a pixel below his hittable box.... not that beastly slash that it should have.

I wanted to know what goes into making an effective block string?

safe attacks (.....2D,6B,6D,(j)236D I guess), cancel attacks (5C,5B), guard primer devouring attacks (236D,6D), and the ability to keep close, and fast attacks.

i wanted to know if u if jins j2c works as an overhead for most characters in the game?

remember all jump attacks need to b blocked high...so they all would be considered overheads

in Jins part 2 of his #3 trial I can NEVER seem to get the Dash cancel after the 214D.

Also on another note I was trying a combo of 5B>5C>6C>2D>6C>66>5C>2C>SJ> *insert jump string* The problem is that damn SJ after the 2C For some reason it makes no sense that since it is a DOWN move that you have to enter DOWN then neutral then DOWN then UP. Either I am going full retard here or a move that counts as a down should also pre-buffer my down for the super jump.

that's not a dash cancel. you're doing a dash as soon as the 214D finishes, so it's a link. just practice the timing.

yes, you need to do a full superjump motion after the 2C. My guess is that it's done this way so you can actually do a 2C > normal jump, if it always "prebuffered" then you'd always get a super jump.

ughhh that sucks for some reason whenever I actually GET the SJ to work it is not in enough time to get the attack out before bang or someone recovers. Back to mindlessly grinding it out then I go.

I wanted to know what goes into making an effective block string?

well what i seen in videos is that when jin is about to start his pressure game hll' usually start wit an over head

well what i seen in videos is that when jin is about to start his pressure game hll' usually start wit an over head

you mean a jump in like JB? because Jin's only standing overhead (6A) is very, very, very bad, there's no practical way to continue pressure off of a blocked 6A, it only special cancels on hit, and has not gatlings and is a -fucked on block.... the only way would be to RC it and keep attacking

Jumping C and air ice lance for spacing.

Call out mid-screen normals with 2D, but watch for sledge as it will beat it out clean. 5C is an answer to B sledge.

Know the level of shenangans of the Tager you are playing, certain Tagers stick to the fundamentals whereas others will go for risky resets that you can exploit.

If you are magnetized be VERY cautious about jumping, as random colliders will be your downfall.

Understand Tager's frame-traps, if you have the meter to rapid DP C/D from time to time it will create holes in Tager's pressure. Instant-Block + backdash is your best friend if you want to avoid wasting meter, 6B will beat out drivers but lose to collider.

If you find yourself in a gadget finger, overall your best option is jumpbackwards + barrier but collider will call this out, sometimes its best to just block and look for the reset.

Don't feel like you have to always rush down Tagers, zoning is very very needed from time to time with a life lead to make Tager players impatient, understand he cant dash in and take advantage of this.

I have problems with first part of challenge 3 (5B>5C>2C>214B). For some odd reason, I do 214C at the end instead of the B version (although i do press B doing the motion). The only way I have of doing it right is waiting some little time after the 2C, but then, obviously, it doesn't combo.

What am I doing wrong?

(Sorry for my crappy English)