Sign in to follow this  
furix

A.B.A AC Combo Thread

New throw combo. Corner: throw, dash jump, j,s, j.hs, j.d, 41236+s, land, dash jump, j.s, j.hs, j.d, land, 6p, 2s, sj, j.s, j.d, 41236+s, FRC, dash, hs, keygrab.

I was wondering would this combo work on a heavy character or anyone at all. Its: j.HS>j.S>Keystab>D(homing jump)>2P>land>Keystab I can't get to my console at the moment to test it in training, but if it would work I'd want to add it to the list. A.B.A-can-do likes additions...

I dunno, when I actually made it to my console and tried, it....FAIL3D and PHAILED!!! I was just thinking about while doing something else, posted it, finally tried to do it and watched it crash, burn, die, asploded, and fuck itself due to my scatterbrained stupidity.

got my english copy of AC and decided to hit up training mode. tested the three-rep loop for the left side of the character select screen, here are the results. the exact string I used was c.s 236s 46s 63214s frc 66 6hs(1hit) [j.s j.hs j.d pink shit land dashjump]xN at point blank in the corner, stopping at N=3 and with the sole exception of johnny who's so fat I launch him with 6hs(2hit). note that when I say "techs between j.d and pink shit", it may also imply that pink shit whiffs entirely, I was just too lazy to make separate entries.

axl: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the third rep.

jam: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the second rep.

zappa: landed all three reps.

chipp: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the second rep.

dizzy: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the second rep.

anji: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the third rep.

slayer: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the third rep.

aba: techs between the second and third reps.

johnny: techs between the second and third reps.

millia: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the second rep.

sol: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the second rep.

order sol: techs between the j.d and the pink shit on the third rep.

though I'm still missing half of the characters, I'd say the prospects of three-rep wall loop look pretty bleak. I also had trouble landing the throw dashjump j.p j.s j.hs etc etc combo on johnny and aba - johnny I couldn't land j.p, and aba I couldn't land j.hs. I'll check the throw combos for everyone else later again though.

by the way, furix, you're a man after my own heart - first it was the hikari avatar, and now it's isumi and hayate. screw nagi, isumi's my favourite girl~

EDIT: furix, you wrote:

2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236HS > 669 j.S dj.S keystab/ 669 j.S j.HS j.D 41236S

Works on: Everyone, except the last 41236S will miss light characters, so try dropping the j.D before it

that should be 41236S in the middle there, not 41236HS.

also, why not add the 236s 46s "reset" into the combo list, with something simple like f.s 236s 46s f.s [5hs] 236s 46s 63214s [frc etc. etc.]?

Three reps is possible against most of the cast if you launch with 2h. It's a lot harder from rekkas simply because you don't get much timing flexibility and you're pushed really far out to begin with. Finally, I wouldn't bother with three reps. On light characters, just do one rep into double keygrabs; on mids, do two reps into keygrabs. You only sacrifice a bit of damage for bar refresh and corner knockdown (granted, you don't have much/any time to run oki, but a knockdown is a knockdown :P).

lol, I know 2H is an easier launch since it doesn't jack up the combo gauage as much, furix just wanted clarification on if three reps were possible after the 236s rekka chain. and no, I never do three reps myself either, haha.

People watching the game love it when you hit three reps. The same goes for pretty much any combo that takes off 60%+, but three reps of the orb loop or four/five reps of the butt loop in Goku Moroha are pretty silly ways to combo.

I can't do ABA's B&B at all o_O I messed around in training mode for a bit, and it looked like this about every time. 5K 5S 5HS 236S 46S 63214S FRC 66HS(1hit) j.S j.HS j.D 41236S 669 j.wiff. I'd either not dash, or the j.S would come out too late. You'd think it wouldn't be so difficult for a veteran player like myself =(

Against some people, a 6HS into the orb loop will whiff, such as Johnny. Also, if you've got too many hits before your launcher into Orb Loop, your opening j.S might not be able to connect. I can't remember off the top of my head how many hits that would be, though. Can someone test that when you get a chance, I need to catch some zz's.

Saru Kada: Thanks, I'll correct the first post right away. And yes, Isumi is <3 <3 <3 Also, I didn't add the 236S 46S recombo into the list since some people -can- mash out of it, it's a tool, not a combo. Btw, I've pulled 4 reps from the 2HS orb combo on testament before, I REALLY needed the extra damage to kill him, and it worked! OMG it felt so great lol. EDIT: Also, in case anyone was wondering, the reason why I start listing the combo with 2HS is because that is how the combo truly starts. I don't mean that you have to go straight into 2HS, I am just not listing the ways to go into the combo starter as it could be many. (Far Slash, close Slash, 2k, from a jump in, etc.) I guess I could of listed it as far Slash 2HS, since most of the time far slash is used to go into 2HS. But, beh, I am sure I don't need to fix that.

All of you need to go to Omaha in november so we can compare ABA's .

I'm probably going to NEC, I'll show you the best ABA in the world there. (You're going to that too, right?)

PS ABA vs ABA is complete bullshit

again i ask. how to mash out of stagger?

Shaking the joystick rapidly.

Zoogstin is very correct. It's like, P1 decides to bloodpack at the start of the round, P2 jumps. P1 is now in Moroha. P2 better block real well until he gets 25% tension. ;)

Shaking the joystick rapidly.

only joystick? or pushing buttons?

any directions? or what. cayse i've tried to do it 100 times. no good. i cant... dont understand how.

i cant... dont understand how.

see? 236s 46s "reset" is unbeatable :yaaay:

but seriously, buttons won't help you mash out of stagger, only joystick inputs will. as rtl42 (who plays on pad) puts it, try shaking with 9 and 1, so that you'll be hitting two inputs with every shake as opposed to one. also, you'll be able to shake to a crouch block this way.

by the way, rtl42 is the most monstrous masher west coast canada has. he can get out of anything that staggers, it's kind of scary :gonk:

An ABA player in some recent japanese matchvids who, oddly enough, uses the same color as Dio (Might be Dio?) likes aircomboing you into j.S j.HS j.D Orbs, but times it slow enough so you fall pretty close to the ground with the last set of orbs, enabling him to rebound off the ground and keep the combo alive and linked with an sj.K. For instance. Off an air to ground CH j.HS (groundslide.) Run up, 2K, 5S, 2S, sj slight delay j.S, slight delay j.H, slight delay j.D, Orbs, land, sj.K sj.S ladadadada Have fun with that Oh, while I'm at it, if you're out of tension, not in the corner, and want a chance at a double keygrab, 2HS, IAD S, HS, land, 5S, Keygrab, and if you make it to the corner, continue with OTG Keygrab. Going to test this on characters as well, cannot confirm on the whole cast.

An ABA player in some recent japanese matchvids who, oddly enough, uses the same color as Dio (Might be Dio?) likes aircomboing you into j.S j.HS j.D Orbs, but times it slow enough so you fall pretty close to the ground with the last set of orbs, enabling him to rebound off the ground and keep the combo alive and linked with an sj.K. For instance.

Off an air to ground CH j.HS (groundslide.)

Run up, 2K, 5S, 2S, sj slight delay j.S, slight delay j.H, slight delay j.D, Orbs, land, sj.K sj.S ladadadada

Have fun with that

Oh, while I'm at it, if you're out of tension, not in the corner, and want a chance at a double keygrab,

2HS, IAD S, HS, land, 5S, Keygrab, and if you make it to the corner, continue with OTG Keygrab. Going to test this on characters as well, cannot confirm on the whole cast.

Can you link that video, or Youtube it?

Sign in to follow this