Sign in to follow this  
furix

A.B.A AC Combo Thread

Could I ask some help guys.

2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236S -land- > Keystab > OTG Keystab

I just started playing GGX:AC a week ago. I tried doing the BnB combo for A.B.A but it seems that I can't get it. The opponent usually falls too low after the first 41236S and I can't put him up after the hit so i end up doing 5S 2S IAD j.S j.HS 41236S. Thanks. Oh and thanks to you all, my thumb went back to it's proper state.

the key to the combo (well how i see it) is doint the j.S asap after the IAD. (actually i cant really put this combo to work and i dont really try it much...)

also i find 2HS > IAD j.D 41236S > 669 j.S j.HS j.D 41236S easier and doing more dmg aka better.

also 2HS > late j.HS j.D 41236S (the things is light character will be very low after this setup, you can either do double keystab or go on and do 2 more loops (j.S, j.HS, j.D, orbs) for damage. > Keystab > OTG (wont work on heavies cause they wall to fast).

end up doing 5S 2S IAD j.S j.HS 41236S

try 5S 2S 421HS RC 41236S (thou sometimes hard for me to make it work on heavies) very good dmging setup with many options to pull of after orbs.

Thanks for the tip. I finally got it to work. I found the key to the BnB. Yeah, it is an instant j.S->j.HS 41236S, but it does have a height requirement. I noticed this since I was using testament as my training dummy. A late j.S after IAD causes the opponent to go lower than their height while standing and prevents the second j.S from hitting them. The minimum height == height while standing. land -> j.S->j.HS->j.D 41236S. iI it gets lower than this 41236S will cancel into 236S on the ground.

Is doing one of the earlier listed impossible dust combos the most practical thing to do on a successfully landed 5d? or is it worth it to go into the flashy aerial dust combo part of it? also, is it worth it learning double jump combos, or keeping the opponent close to the ground for potential loops? I see dio(s?) and a few other random aba's who do dj combos, yet don't see any posted, so I'm guessing perhaps there may be circumstances that dj combos are preferable?

The impossible dust is more practical because it leads to loops and potential double keystab. Damage isn't to bad either. Learn DJ combos as well. They are very important because of how easy they are. They're perfect for when loops are not possible, when you need a quick keystab to heal, or when you just don't know what to do on the fly. Some examples 236S 46S 63214S (FRC) 66 2k 5S 2S sjK sjS sjHS keygrab/orbs or throw 66 5k 5S/6P sjk sjS sjHS keygrab/orbs Feel free to take out the HS and go staight into a keygrab if you want.

The impossible dust is more practical because it leads to loops and potential double keystab. Damage isn't to bad either.

Damage is hot on her ID, and depending on what you do, can also lead to a good knockdown instead of just a keygrab knockdown.

hey guys im new to the guilty gear sceen. i've been playing for about a month now and i got down frc's and rc's and so on, but im having alot of trouble doing the 2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236S -land- > Keystab > OTG Keystab combo on anyone. i cant get the j.s j.hs j.d 41236s to connect. they always tech out right before i can hit with the j.s. is there a video i can look at ot see if im doing it wrong, or is there an easy tip for it? and do you even need to do the IAD? they always tek out before i hit them, so i just jump into the j.s. any help would be appreciated thank you :)

Yes, you need to IAD. The timing on the IAD is character/weight specific. Generally speaking, you want to IAD S etc early. The tip for always getting the dash jump S HS D Orbs after the landing part to connect is to FRC the orbs. Timing is generally really tight otherwise.

For the IADs, I do them faster on 956 but I miss 956 a lot for characters who aren't Dizzy. Is my slower 866 acceptable for the ABA loops?

i use 966 for the IAD and i hit sol and potemkin alot more than i did with 866 but i 866 does connect and im sure with the right timing it will work. maybe someone whos really good with aba can tell you somthing better, hopefully i helped.

Yeah I'm an idiot, just saying "I do 866 slower" isn't enough to actually get an answer on that one. I also realized today that forcing myself to do 96 works about as fast as my 866, so I think it's just down to practice and learning timing now.

moroha mode: f.S 236S 46S repeat x times is that actually reliable or are my enemies just not fast enough to get out of the stagger?

I would like to say hello to everyone here (this is my first post), and that this is also my first time playing GG (I’ve been playing for around a month now). :)

I’m having a bit of small trouble with this combo (Actually, only part of it)

5HS > 236S,46S,63214S (FRC) > dash 6HS(1) (jc) > j.S j.HS j.D 63214S > j.S j.HS j.D 63214S > etc…

The bolded part of the combo is where I start to have a problem, because I noticed in a lot of videos the “beat” meter doesn’t disappear, and I’ve seen the combo being done consistently by many other players. What problem am I having on the second part of the loop? What timing do I need to apply so that it can be a true combo?

So are ID combos important to being a good ABA player, she's becoming my main focus because an apparent sign i got at the DMV. But anyways if ID combos are up the on her list of what to know can i get an ABA specific detailed explanation on how to do it.

If by ID you mean Instant Air Dash, it is very important. IAD is performed with 956. It's used primarily in 2HS combos, for instance.. In corner. 2HS (2hit), IAD j.S, j.HS, Orbs, land, 2S, Keygrab, OTG Keygrab. If you mean Impossible Dust, no, it's not important to being a good ABA player, it's simply a matter of preference. Regular dust combos end with a keygrab. ID combos give you more options. For instance, you can ID into a single keygrab, into a butt loop for knockdown + oki, into a butt loop RCed for massive damage, etc. If that's what you mean I'll try to find my ID post later

Yeah i mean Impossible Dust, i know the IAD is important after all the match videos i've watched lol. Anyways I'll look around for your post on it and let you know if i'm still lost on performing it

I have another question about one of A.B.A’s combos. In this video at 00:59 Shizuka does a combo where after he does the second part of a loop, from what it sounds like, he does a super jump to connect another j.S. Anyways, my question basically is how do you connect j.S after executing the sj?

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4woh-zmrGMk&feature=PlayList&p=445086C77469810F&index=0

I’m sorry if this is one of those stupid questions. :psyduck:

Sign in to follow this