Sign in to follow this  
furix

A.B.A AC Combo Thread

Hey thechibiknight, try comming over to www.neoempire.com some time. Ryza is one of our Admin staff and it is an English based website so you will have more luck finding local GG players. Also we are having a GG event in London this weekend (sunday in particularly) and we will have Street Fighter 4 as well as the latest version of Street Fight 2 HD Remix and a KoF98 UM tournament going on :D

hello everybody. Im a newbie A.B.A player , just started to learn it recently . I would like to chek one thing : I often use this combo : HS (CH) dash in s©,s(f) 2 hits ,236s,46s, Dash in , s©,s(f) 2 hits ,236s,46s, Dash in 236s ,46s, 2hs , double keystab. I know that stagger can be broken , BUT its kinda hard as I see this.So the question is : If this combo useable on mid-high skilled players? Probably I have to swap some hits in this string?

It's something you'll have to test on your opponent honestly. I've gotten it to work on mid to high level guys, but it's mostly because they dont expect me to NOT finish the 3 piece the first time. Good to use at the end of around for a kill, or if you dont have tension or something. But the majority of the time, just go for the guaranteed ender.

yesterday i picked up a little intrest in aba again.

i was trying to put together some combos but because i don't play aba i don't really know how things work.

heres some of my attempts http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7DNSKB60 to put together some basic combos yesterday but as you can see it just wasn't working.

i was wondering if maybe you guys could kind of fill in the gaps and tell me what i need to do to fill in the gaps?

Hello! Nice combo bucklemyshoe. Good FRC timing. But i think: First combo: You need a keygrab in the end (at the place of Orb) cause Potem is a strong Character. He down so fast. And ABA is so high. If you don't want a keygrab, use this: j.s, J.s, J.Hs and Orb (FRC and keygrab if you have tension ^^). Second combo: Try a J.hs if it doesn't work, keygrab ahaha. But try this: 2Hs, Danzaï (normal), when Potem is on the Ground, Danzai Ex (623 D) he is relaunch, dash in, j.S, J.Hs, Orb when is down, keygrab for safety. Third combo: I don't jnow. It is Ok for me. Four combo: Try a j.hs after second j.S that work on all big character except johnny. :kitty:

thank you for the response, i'll try all your suggestions out. and yea the main problem I was having is that with I-No i'm used to super jump canceling so that p-dive will connect but when I SJC with ABA she seems to be at a less of an advantage. I tried fixing this with adding a j.K but I don't know what other air combo options she has besides orbs and as you said keygrab. EDIT: should I end all her combos in keygrab?

EDIT: should I end all her combos in keygrab?

yes or not.

If your have a half moroha jauge, yes, this is safe and with a many combo, you can make a double keygrab. You keep advantage and Okizeme is for You.

First Combo: 2S after the 2H seems unnecessary and made the rest of the combo fall apart, not to mention needlessly difficult. The best thing against Potemkin after the 2H bounce is your standard j.S,H,D,orbs x2 with a double keygrab at the end made possible by his heavy weight.

Second Combo: The addition of Danzai is also kind of unnecessary after 2H. Unless that is, your Moroha gauge was almost up then 2H (1 or 2 hits), Danzai, 66, 5S, Keygrab, OTG Keygrab is the way to go.

Third Combo: See above.

Fourth Combo: Seems efficient and has some style if anything. Looks like at the end you could have gone for the double keygrab.

Fifth Combo: Wow, it's defiantely apparent you're an I-no player. As pleasing to the eye it is to see the CL-esque Orb cancels, I'm not so sure combos like this are an effective use of your tension most of the time. I'd just refer to the Aba guides for more conventional combos.

.:EDIT:.

Beastly Combo for Middle/Heavy Weight Characters:

j.S JC j.S, H, land, 5K, 5S(f. 2 Hits), Rekkas FRC, 66, 6H (1 Hit), 669, j.S, H, D, Orbs, land, 66, 5S, Keygrab, OTG Keygrab

Confirmed on Anji, Venom, Testament, Potemkin.

19 Hits 215 Damage Avg (175 on Pot)

Adding the jump cancel in the beginning allows for the double keygrab. Take the jump cancel out and they'll tech before you can dash in at the end. I don't understand the why but I'm loving it. :psyduck:

something I like to do is get them in a blockstring long enough to get the guard bar flashing, and right when it starts to flash get them to block the rekka's > FRC > run in 5P > tick throw / FB Danzai. the tick throw seems to get people the majority of the time, but if you notice them throwing out a lot of quick attacks or trying to throw you, you can mix in the FB danzai instead to eat any form of counter they try. after a tick throw, assuming their guard gauge is high enough (at least 87 in training mode I believe) I'll combo into 9 > j.S > j.D > orbs(2hits) > land. from there it gets kinda character specific, but it's generally 66 > 5S > 2S > sj.S > sj.D > orbs > 6FRC6 > j.HS > keygrab (about 295 on sol). if I catch them with a FB danzai, as soon as I recover from the move I IAD and orb right below them, which catches them with a 2hitter > land > 2S > sj.S > sj.D > orb > 6FRC6 > j.HS > keygrab (about 350-380 on sol, can't remember the exact number). again, this is character specific to an extent, but the basic combo is the same. some characters just need more or less hits depending on weight. also, I'd like to throw that catching any enemy with a j.K while they're standing otg can combo into a 2hit orb instantly as long as it's not in the corner. this makes it a useful option as a fake crossup. normally, jumping over the enemy, airdashing backwards, and doing j.HS is a fairly reliable crossup, but should they start to catch on to it and block it, you can potentially trick them by airdashing just a tiny bit later, so you don't go overtop of them, and doing j.K right after the airdash finishes (so it hits in the right direction) then combo into orbs. since aba's j.K comes out so fast, it can potentially hit people out of some counter attempts as well, though that's untested.

needs more situational combos! normal mode 25% tension when the opponent is at the proper height: 6HS (counter hit) > bloodpack > FB danzai > dash in 5P > c.S > 2S > sj.k > sj.S > sj.HS > sj.D > orbs > (with 50% starting instead of 25%) FRC airdash > j.HS > j.D > orbs/keygrab this combo has a decent shot at dizzying a lot of the cast at some point during it. not a 100% guaranteed dizzy, but it happens often enough to make it worth mentioning. cmon people, get creative with those buttons!

Just depends on your tension, that combo is one of the best. Pretty sure if you're feeling nasty you can 2H, Butt RC, TK 2hit Orbs FRC, falling 2hit Orbs, land, 2S 2x Keygrab on him, pretty sure it hits even a super heavy robot.

Or with tension => Danzai EX > ROBO-ky fall > P > c.S > 2S > High jump K > j.S > j.Hs > Orb FRC > dash in > Keygrab > all character falling > keygrab 'cause it is specific character combo :psyduck:

Guilty Gear/A.B.A. newbie here... this is probably a stupid question but for:

2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236S -land- > Keystab > OTG Keystab if you got your opponent in the corner after the 2HS do you have to IAD or can you just jump normally then go into the rest of the combo?

Also I was messing around tonight and I think I found a combo. I'm not sure if it has been talked about yet though. 2HS (2 hit) 41236K works and if its timed right the 41236K will knock your opponent way up into the air. I tried following that up with orb stuff but I could only get to 2HS (2 hit) 41236K J.S j.h then I land. I tried FRCing after the 41236k but it didn't really help.

It will probably only be something for flashy combo videos though. The normal 2HS IAD orb stuff works just fine for normal fights.

Guilty Gear/A.B.A. newbie here... this is probably a stupid question but for:

2HS > IAD j.S j.HS 41236S -land- > j.S j.HS j.D 41236S -land- > Keystab > OTG Keystab if you got your opponent in the corner after the 2HS do you have to IAD or can you just jump normally then go into the rest of the combo?

Your opponent must be in the corner to excecute this! But the loop don't work with all characters (johhny for exemple... 'cause there is a specific combo ^^)

You can make IAD with neutral weight characters (Ky, sol, slayer?!)

But for a great and efficace combo don't prefer IAD but the 669 (dash in ground + jump):

2hs > 669 > J.S > J.HS > 41236S -land-> 669> J.S > J.Hs > 41236S -land- keygrab > OTG

With heavy characters (potem, robo ky...) make just a normal jump after first Orb!

But A.B.A has not need to loop for make a lot of damage :p

Also I was messing around tonight and I think I found a combo. I'm not sure if it has been talked about yet though. 2HS (2 hit) 41236K works and if its timed right the 41236K will knock your opponent way up into the air. I tried following that up with orb stuff but I could only get to 2HS (2 hit) 41236K J.S j.h then I land. I tried FRCing after the 41236k but it didn't really help.

It will probably only be something for flashy combo videos though. The normal 2HS IAD orb stuff works just fine for normal fights.

Tk ORB frc works on heavy characters but the timing is very hard...

The 41236k is a guard break (after 2hs one hit for exemple).

The 41236K after 2hs (2hits) make you far away of your opponent if you RC it > dash > P (or K if you are so far) S > 2s > HIgh jump> J.K > J.S > JHS > ORB FRC > AIR DASH> 63214H

If you are in the corner > J.D > ORB FRC > AD > 63214H

If you are in middle screen > 63214H

Oh and 41236K have FRC in Goku moroha mode not in moroha mode simply. :keke:

if 236S 46S causes a Dizzy, do we have enough time to hit them with 63214S and then hit with OHKO similar to May?

Are you asking: if the second hit of her rekkas causes dizzy is there still time to execute the third hit then go in for the instant kill?

I guess theoretically if you FRC'd, you could run up and get the IK depending on how dizzied (there is variation right?) your opponent was and how quick they are at shaking it off.

Second hit of Rekkas is too short a stagger to do much of anything with outside a mixup unless your opponent is clueless/frazzled. If you're asking if the third hit groundslide gives you enough time to run up and IK someone if you're already in IK mode, it would be extremely unlikely.

I asked for help a couple of pages back with A.B.A.'s orb loop. I got the help i need, but now after months of not playing Guilty Gear i ran into another problem.

After the first orb attack I'm supposed to land and IAD into the combo again. problem is when I land they tech out of it.

I was told this loop is character specific so idk if its either the character I'm facing or the fact that I am screwing up with the timing. Can someone help me out...also if ti is character specific can someone tell who it works on and the inputs for each character.

Thanks in advance :keke:

The opponent tech caus' your combo is probably => 2HS > 669 > J.S > J.HS > Orb

The real combo is => 2HS > 669 (or wait a few frames/ when the opponent begin his fall > 9) > J.S > J.HS > J.D > ORB (the excecution is very short)!

After it => LAND > 669 > J.S > J.HS (or J.D with Sol and Ky) => Orb >or keygrab

You don't make an IAD caus' after J.S > J.hs > ORB you follow by that :

Land > Dash > S > 2S > Butt (421Hs)

or with heavy characters: Land > dash > S > 2S > HJ.K > J.S > J.HS > J.D > keygrab

:^p

The opponent tech caus' your combo is probably => 2HS > 669 > J.S > J.HS > Orb

The real combo is => 2HS > 669 (or wait a few frames/ when the opponent begin his fall > 9) > J.S > J.HS > J.D > ORB (the excecution is very short)!

After it => LAND > 669 > J.S > J.HS (or J.D with Sol and Ky) => Orb >or keygrab

You don't make an IAD caus' after J.S > J.hs > ORB you follow by that :

Land > Dash > S > 2S > Butt (421Hs)

or with heavy characters: Land > dash > S > 2S > HJ.K > J.S > J.HS > J.D > keygrab

:^p

lol thnks :3

Sign in to follow this